Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 605 606 [607] 608 609 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1271077 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Jayce, Defender of Tomorrow - 1.0.0.142
« Reply #9090 on: July 20, 2012, 07:23:40 am »

Many ways to play singed, sure you can hextech or you can go warmogs + hp regen [force of nature], stack them Rods of ages [hp? YES! Mana? YES, also MORE HP! - AP? Singe me up!] or be a utility singed starting with philo stone and heart of gold for revlaery [the team speed boost] and Randuins later on, if you have to make absolutly sure noone can catch you.

The nerf to his "invisible" extra-trial range hit him very hard thou, imo. I still enjoy farming the enemys minions without getting hit by one of them and then running behind his tower [that he is trying to hold] and farming the next wave and the wave from mid and wolves before coming back and making sure the next wave doesn't reach his tower either. At higher ranks going for kills is rather pointless without a jungler around... but most of the time the enemy jungler will be there, hating your guts and waisting his time

And waisting there time is what we want. shift +4 all day, farm mid-minions behind there first tower, steal wraiths and backdoor... they have to send more then 3 guys once you hit lvl 6.

My recommended items for him are
Boots + pots
HP Gem or if your short, a mana one - if you got a kill, lvl 2 boots.
Catalyst
lvl 2 boots
RoA

OR if you are support singed [so troll-lol-lo] get the hp-regen starting item, philo stone and then heart of gold.

But yeah, power creep [more like movement creep] and small nerfs did take a bit out of him. Still amazing midgame, bad early most of the time [vs ranged that knows how to play and has a gap closer? Lane switch please u guys]. Love him.
They will eventually send 5 people to stop your free-farming annoyance. Singed will sit there, singing, until out comes the first one. Then the second. Then the rest. Hit R and go crazy. What's that? Stuns? Psh. Slows? Psh. Keep on running. And once they start to call off the chase, either you slow down to let them catch up or you go back and fling the last guy behind you.

Singed just never dies, and causes vast amounts of annoyances to the enemy team. That's his job. He's like Mundo but so much more annoying.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #9091 on: July 20, 2012, 11:07:31 am »

Just played Soraka. Despite all my efforts to be all fluffy and supporty and not horribly murderousy as I usually am, I managed to get more kills than anybody else on my team and more kills than I usually do even with carries. Also I encountered Singed, whom I killed around 3 times in a 1v1. Dodge around the poison, self-heal, silence him when he's around to use his E, run away, spam Q and E, win.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9092 on: July 20, 2012, 12:30:07 pm »

I'm confused by all of this "Singed is bad" talk, is he free or som- oh. Right. My guess is there have been a lot of bad Ezreals and Brands missing skillshots, Mordekaisers running into groups of 5 and dying instantly, and Mundos not going wherever they please too. As we've said, Singed isn't bad in general, he's just meant to be chased, rather than being the one doing the chasing. Of course a melee-ranged champ with no gap closers is going to lose against someone with a rapidfire magic-damage ability that stacks magic resist reduction and a magic damage silence on a short cooldown. That's why the Singed should have stopped going after you, gone to a different lane, and splitpushed or something.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #9093 on: July 20, 2012, 01:29:05 pm »

Singed is supposed to splitpush with no end. You shop when you either die, the enemies stop you from splitpushing, or your Yi is stealing your farm.
When you just push and push and push top with no end, the enemies are forced to stop you. Since you play Singed, most likely they need at least 2 guys to stop you, which helps rest of your team. If they don't stop you, then you can break towers and get dosh.

I like to think that Singed never goes to teamfights, teamfights come to Singed.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #9094 on: July 20, 2012, 02:34:11 pm »

Yeah, singed is one my mainstays.  If you keep a ward up you should have no trouble getting to tops second tower during lane phase.  Unless the enemy has a lot of cc you should get +3 movespeed boots right away.  I usually do this and then pick up 2 rods of ages.  Even if you lose your lane once you have 2 you will snowball lategame.

Pushing second tower takes some practice, you'll want to ward the jungle bush nearest it.  If some one shows up, run back down your lane.  If they try to come from behind you, down the lane, you can tell if there's anyone waiting in the jungle.  If not run off into the jungle.  If there is someone in the jungle and coming down the lane, than retreat through their tower towards their base or along thief base wall.  Come back out mid or bot lane/bot jungle.  As soon as they leave again, circle back around and push your lane again.  When you are chased into a bush be ready to toss them as they face check and run back the way they were chasing you from.

I see singed as the best morale breaker.  He makes the other team feel impotent.  And can rout the enemy team just by charging at them.  Remember when the enemy is trying to fall back, its free damage for your team, as most teams aren't organized enough, or on the same page to do an orderly retreat.  If you can make the enemy team feel like youre toying with them, and have nothing to lose, they'll start thinking they are losing, and playing like they've already been beat.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9095 on: July 20, 2012, 04:41:08 pm »

Oh god I was just reminded why Nunu got nerfed so long ago.

He's a fucking massive douchebag and I wouldn't wish having to jungle against a good Nunu on my worst enemy.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9096 on: July 20, 2012, 05:25:37 pm »

He's a fucking massive douchebag and I wouldn't wish having to jungle against a good Nunu on my worst enemy.

Nunu pisses me off in lane. Nunu pisses me off period. I've heard Vladimir called "anti-fun" just for his sustain. Nunu is the epitome of anti-fun. He doesn't even troll like Singed. He just pisses people the fuck off. There is just something innately hateable about Nunu.
Also often called Boowells.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9097 on: July 20, 2012, 05:59:50 pm »

He's an unkillable ass in lane. He's 10 times worse in the jungle. So, so, so much worse. And there's not really a whole lot you can do about it, either. Wards are no good, he'll just take oracles and get 25 gold every time he sees one, and then keep stealing your creeps and then scampering off before you can say "fuck you".

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9098 on: July 20, 2012, 06:17:55 pm »

LeBlanc's a pretty un-fun champion to play against as well. QR and over half of your health is gone, then she power slides into you and finishes you off while keeping you silenced the entire time.

Sure, she "falls off late game" but if you don't GET to late game...
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9099 on: July 20, 2012, 06:37:53 pm »

LeBlanc's a pretty un-fun champion to play against as well. QR and over half of your health is gone, then she power slides into you and finishes you off while keeping you silenced the entire time.

LeBlanc's not as tanky as Nunu and doesn't regenerate health by just being an asshole. However, you can try playing defensively, whereas you can't against Nunu. There's no towers to protect you in the jungle and you're the one that's supposed to be ganking other lanes, so the lanes don't gank the jungle usually. That said, yes, she is a really un-fun champion. I know. I've randomed her in ARAM and just eviscerated the enemy. The only positive side is that once she blows her combo, she's useless for quite a bit of time.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #9100 on: July 20, 2012, 06:48:36 pm »

LeBlanc's not as tanky as Nunu and doesn't regenerate health by just being an asshole. However, you can try playing defensively, whereas you can't against Nunu. There's no towers to protect you in the jungle and you're the one that's supposed to be ganking other lanes, so the lanes don't gank the jungle usually. That said, yes, she is a really un-fun champion. I know. I've randomed her in ARAM and just eviscerated the enemy. The only positive side is that once she blows her combo, she's useless for quite a bit of time.
The downside to that is that once she blows her combo, I have 10% hp left
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9101 on: July 20, 2012, 07:29:54 pm »

The downside to that is that once she blows her combo, I have 10% hp left
I think the solution is to play Nunu.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9102 on: July 20, 2012, 07:42:41 pm »

Jungling after the season 1 championship was hell. Nunu every game.

Oh hey, you want to fight Nunu because he doesn't deal much damage? Kited to infinity! Oh, you want to invade him? Slowed until his team gets there! And just forget about having a big wraith. Well, things are different now with the new counterjungle meta. He'll probably take your big wraith and your red buff. Luckily your big wraith isn't as huge of a disadvantage in the new jungle. Red buff is, still.

He needs a cooldown increase on his snowball. I'd be fine with just one more second. But right now he can get a 3.6 second cooldown on a 4 second slow. A 60% slow. Ashe gets jealous of Nunu. Sejuani cries herself to sleep.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9103 on: July 20, 2012, 07:56:00 pm »

Jungling after the season 1 championship was hell. Nunu every game.

Oh hey, you want to fight Nunu because he doesn't deal much damage? Kited to infinity! Oh, you want to invade him? Slowed until his team gets there! And just forget about having a big wraith. Well, things are different now with the new counterjungle meta. He'll probably take your big wraith and your red buff. Luckily your big wraith isn't as huge of a disadvantage in the new jungle. Red buff is, still.

He needs a cooldown increase on his snowball. I'd be fine with just one more second. But right now he can get a 3.6 second cooldown on a 4 second slow. A 60% slow. Ashe gets jealous of Nunu. Sejuani cries herself to sleep.

His snowball slows attack speed, too, if I'm not mistaken.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9104 on: July 20, 2012, 09:08:29 pm »

So after some playing and reading, it seems that the new Xin is OP, the new Twitch is crap and the new Eve is also crap.
Pages: 1 ... 605 606 [607] 608 609 ... 1067