Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 601 602 [603] 604 605 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1271078 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Jayce, Defender of Tomorrow - 1.0.0.142
« Reply #9030 on: July 14, 2012, 12:47:07 am »

The competitive meta right now isn't passive farming and hasn't been for a long time, because at some point TSM was like "hey let's all build early game items and stomp everyone who's just passive farming" and they won a couple tournaments off it, then everyone had to adapt to that strategy.

Dumb low/mid elo people are really only good at parroting the meta as it was six months ago, though. And I'm still surprised at the amount of people who can't adapt their builds to their opponent's strategy.

khantin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9031 on: July 14, 2012, 01:12:41 am »

That sounds like less like you're supporting the Meta and more like you hate stupid fucks.

Fuck the Meta. Assuming that it's not a first time thing done for testing then it probably at least has some point. And I'm fairly certain that stupid idiots blindly following the meta outnumber stupid idiots blindly disobeying it 10 to 1.

The people blindly following the meta usually contribute meaningfully to their team, even if they don't know why, whereas people that ignore the meta and don't know why it persists can be extremely detrimental.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9032 on: July 14, 2012, 01:30:30 am »

That sounds like less like you're supporting the Meta and more like you hate stupid fucks.

Fuck the Meta. Assuming that it's not a first time thing done for testing then it probably at least has some point. And I'm fairly certain that stupid idiots blindly following the meta outnumber stupid idiots blindly disobeying it 10 to 1.

The people blindly following the meta usually contribute meaningfully to their team, even if they don't know why, whereas people that ignore the meta and don't know why it persists can be extremely detrimental.
This is why people follow it blindly. It works. They may not know why, but I'd much rather them not know and play it than know and not play it.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9033 on: July 14, 2012, 11:29:00 am »

Bought Xin. Before his rework hit the shelves, without even trying it out on the PBE. Because I am a loose cannon. Trip report to follow.

edit : Literally first game :
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 11:52:15 am by Graven »
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9034 on: July 14, 2012, 11:54:54 am »

Welcome to Xin. Snowball or die.

Consequently he's better on the crystal scar since you won't be starved as badly as you can be on SR.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9035 on: July 14, 2012, 12:39:56 pm »

Welcome to Xin. Snowball or die.

Consequently he's better on the crystal scar since you won't be starved as badly as you can be on SR.
How Xin works:
Is he fed:
Yes) Is he on your team:
 - Yes) AFK until free win
 - No) /ff
No) Is he on your team:
 - Yes) Call him noob Xin
 - No) Call him noob Xin

Pretty much all encompassing guide to Master Yi as well.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #9036 on: July 14, 2012, 12:54:14 pm »

Today I played my first game as Sion (AD). Got 11/1/12. He's hilariously OP, even moreso than Yi. Epic stun on Q: check; Epic regen on R: check; snowball/epic damage buff on E: check; crappy shield/moderately epic AoE on W: check. Did I mention that I generally suck at LoL, and even managed to fail while playing as Yi?

Also, in the same game my team had five melee champs. The closest we've got to ranged was Jayce. As a result we spent like 15 minutes milling around their base with Baron's buff, unable to do anything because all minions were dead and we were surrounded by towers. :D
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 01:02:17 pm by Dariush »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #9037 on: July 14, 2012, 01:00:21 pm »

Any cc will shut down ad Sion.  blind will ruin his life
Shoes...

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9038 on: July 14, 2012, 01:05:49 pm »

Sion is one of those champs that *really* need a kit rework. He can choose to not be a complete liability early game and go AP, but then he's useless late game and he doesn't even have 2 skills unless he's using both of them at the same time, or he can choose to be useless for the first 20 minutes and never get to do anything because team already /ff'd. I prefer AD myself, but he's really in a terrible spot.

@Cthulhu: CC is probably less of a problem for Sion than it is for Trynd or Yi, all things considered. And blinds don't really exist. There are... 2 I think.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #9039 on: July 14, 2012, 01:08:42 pm »

Any cc will shut down ad Sion.
...Who (of the AD carries) won't be shut down by any CC?
  blind will ruin his life
Which blind? Teemo's, who's going to dominate you either way, or Heimer's, whom nobody plays like ever?

Duh, ninjad.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9040 on: July 14, 2012, 01:36:35 pm »

Carries have range, Sion has... a stun? Perhaps? He's pretty devastating on Dominion since if you run he has already won, but on SR, meh. Also ye, I fed one game as Xin to high heavens, then back to number 1 snowball extravaganza.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #9041 on: July 15, 2012, 11:21:15 am »

AD Sion is a really good jungler and toplaner. He farms quickly, he doesn't need any damage and regen, only one is needed because E gives massive damage and R gives massive sustain.
Jungling is really fast too when you don't expect it to be. Level the shield first, E second. When ganking, the stun -> shield combo hurts a lot even with zero AP.
And of course the snowballing. Creep farm gives him more health, which translates into damage because Sion always buys Atma if he is AD. If he gets hero kills, then he gets IE and Phantom Dancers quickly, which causes him to be insanely strong dueler, or if able to attack, he can even 1 vs 3 quite easily.

My usual build for him (when jungling) is Vamp scepter --> Merc Treads + Wriggle --> Atma --> Warmogs --> IE --> Phantom Dancer. Perhaps sell Wriggle later on and buy Maw of Malmortius if the MR is needed, or buy it before phantom dancer.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9042 on: July 15, 2012, 02:19:36 pm »

AD Sion doesn't really have enough of the tools a tanky DPS needs to avoid being kited and help with tanking, and he doesn't have anything a melee carry needs to avoid being CC'd and focused.

His passive HP is great, but it doesn't completely make up for the squishier build you need to adopt. His CC is pretty good, but you waste a decent amount of it walking up to them. His ult's lifesteal lets him enter godmode sometimes and get tons of tankiness and DPS, but he's too reliant on it to be consistent.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9043 on: July 15, 2012, 03:28:56 pm »

Borde, the problem with that build is that what little AS you get, you get so late that for half the game you'll be taking one attack per hour.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9044 on: July 15, 2012, 04:10:27 pm »

Eh, I'd go attack speed runes on Sion to mitigate that. And then he has his ult. Probably could still use some.

Why isn't there a good melee DPS sort of attack speed item, actually? Something that doesn't give proc damage so you can crit off it.
Pages: 1 ... 601 602 [603] 604 605 ... 1067