Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 599 600 [601] 602 603 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1270815 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Jayce, Defender of Tomorrow - 1.0.0.142
« Reply #9000 on: July 12, 2012, 08:52:44 pm »

All you need is one ace late game. Just one. I only surrender when I feel we were well outplayed.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9001 on: July 12, 2012, 08:53:05 pm »

To be completely honest I thought you were being sarcastic the entire time.

I was only voting no because I have a moral objection and also shits/giggles.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9002 on: July 12, 2012, 08:58:33 pm »

I find I tend to vote no only when A, I'm feeling good about the game, B, seriously hate some of my team members and feel like trolling them, or C, am 1/99 and don't care enough anymore.

Also, reds are retiring most of the older legendary skins, much to the chagrin of the ever-cynical General Discussion.
Half the shit that comes out of there is "OMG RIOT TRYING TO STEAL OUR MONEY".

I don't even understand how getting rid of shitty skins is them trying to steal money.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9003 on: July 12, 2012, 09:06:12 pm »

So I start playing with Webadict and start dcing into turrets. I go 1/6 by the time anything of note happens. It's kind of hard to play when you get to watch as Darius decides to follow the rumble you autoattacked into a god damn turret three times. And then we had Ez DC. So, surrender vote pops up, contemplate for a few seconds and then scream at the top of my lungs "NEVER RETREAT, NEVER SURRENDER!".

I went from 2/10 to 15/15 and we won that game. How do you even manage to die as a 20 kill rumble.
This wasn't even the worst part, btw.

When we first pick, I grab Graves. Someone grabs Blitz with smite. Then Sona picks after Blitz is making jungle jokes. Blitz says nah bro. Sona complains. I switch to jungle Nocturne. Everything's good right?

Wrong. Sona and Blitz forget to decide who's AD carry.

So, double support bot.

Luckily, it's TF jungle on the other side. WTF? We invade and kill Anivia and take their blue. I maintain jungle status. Then I check on their red and see TF, after HAVING TO GO BACK TO BASE, finishing off his red (he only grab lizard). I kill him easy. I figured that'd be the end of TF, we'd win.

Nope. Ez dcs. No more mid. Also Darius is 2/10 up at top. Blitz and Sona yell gg. I'm like...

"Nah. We got this."

So, I proceed to carry this game like I'm Atlas carrying the globe. Luckily, Realm's getting fed and proceeding to share some of this glorious burden.

We win a minifight and quick grab baron. We then get sort of stuck from a backdooring TF. We defend for a while.

Baron comes back up. We want to take it, but we can't. We'd be destroyed. I'm about to go in and snag it (because jesus, with two supports, you'd think one would buy a ward), but I hear baron die.

Well, fudge. R. Let's do it. Eve's at 1/4 health. I kill her first. Then I hunt down Anivia while Darius cleans up Urgot and moves in. Sona is behind me smashing spells all day like it's Christmas and I'm opening presents. We kill Anivia but Darius goes down. Sona and I managed to kill TF and Rumble. We then take a turret and inhib.

Then I get killed protecting bot. Surrender vote again. No way! We pop up in time to save top inhib, but not bot inhib. We go through the jungle and catch Urgot in the middle of nowhere farming creeps. He's dead. So is Anivia.

That's when the announcer shouts "FINISH THEM!"

We rush the turrets and kill them and then they're 1v3ing me while Darius is chunking the Nexus down. Then I get the last hit.

Tl;dr? 4v5 won by Nocturne and Darius.

To be completely honest I thought you were being sarcastic the entire time.

I was only voting no because I have a moral objection and also shits/giggles.
No bro. I said "We got this" because I had it. Because hey, maybe we did, and maybe we didn't, but if we gave up then, what's the point? We'd never know. Now we do. We got it.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9004 on: July 12, 2012, 09:24:55 pm »

Zyra's reveal is up: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/zyra-rise-thorns-revealed

She looks pretty neat and has some good interactivity between her skills. One that spawns a seed that gives vision but dies if someone walks on it, one that throws an AOE bomb that turns affected seeds into ranged pets, a line nuke that roots and damages enemies it hits and turns affected seeds into low/medium ranged pets that slow, and her ult that's a targeted AOE that does damage from the center to the edge, then knocks up on the way back. Oh and a passive that looks like a targeted, ranged Kog'Maw passive.

Reds say she's meant for mid, but depending on her numbers she might do decently top/support/and maybe-but-probably-not jungling.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 09:26:41 pm by Bluerobin »
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9005 on: July 12, 2012, 09:27:03 pm »

I'm really wondering what the cd/damage on her Q is. She could be Karthus 2.0, at least in lane. That passive...

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9006 on: July 12, 2012, 09:45:18 pm »

I'm betting Zyra's passive is about the strength of a normal spell. It hits the nearest opponent, maybe a 0.6 AP ratio or something. Kinda like Kog'maw but for a mage.

Also, reds are retiring most of the older legendary skins, much to the chagrin of the ever-cynical General Discussion.
Half the shit that comes out of there is "OMG RIOT TRYING TO STEAL OUR MONEY".

I don't even understand how getting rid of shitty skins is them trying to steal money.

I'm a little annoyed that they're not putting them on sale at all. They're obviously getting retired because they're just not worth the money compared to other similarly priced skins, but there's no chance to ever get them at a fairer price.

I guess this is good for the people who already spent RP on them, and maybe Riot is gambling on getting a bunch of full price purchases before the skins are gone.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9007 on: July 12, 2012, 11:51:58 pm »

I don't think there is any ulterior motive here. It's purely Riot wanting to get rid of the shit-quality skins.

I 100% garentee that if they'd put them on sale, GD would've had a million "OMG RIOT IS TRYING TO GET US TO BUY SHIT SKINS" threads. They're that hell-bent on proving riot is ebil.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9008 on: July 13, 2012, 12:22:41 am »

Yeah maybe.

PBE UPDATE!

Includes: new xin, new eve, new twitch, and zyra! Also the new matchmaking afk detection. So right now you could get queue dropped by people who want any of four champions, or anyone who just wants to see what the new popup thinger does if you say "No."

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9009 on: July 13, 2012, 04:37:56 am »

How's new Xin? That's about the only thing that interests me since I really like the champion but found him lacking when I played him on his free week.

Also Zyra seems like she'll be really cool to play, but why did she have to have pets :( I hate pets in all shapes and forms in vidjagames.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #9010 on: July 13, 2012, 09:02:17 am »

http://youtu.be/ctFCHrvQGnc

I'mma just go play some more AP Trist.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9011 on: July 13, 2012, 11:14:16 am »

Yeah, when they fixed Trist's E to work with wriggles/madreds, they made it work with all of her damage. I dunno if it's a bug or not, but it certainly is hilarious.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #9012 on: July 13, 2012, 11:21:52 am »

After 3 games, I now remember again why I don't like LoL.

If you play anyone in a way that the current meta doesn't mean them to be played as, you get a dozen reports, called a troll, and get blamed at when enemy Lux is roaming. Fuck this shit, why can't it be like in the old days where people just randomly locked in whoever they wanted and went to whichever lane whoever wanted?
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9013 on: July 13, 2012, 11:27:20 am »

After 3 games, I now remember again why I don't like LoL.

If you play anyone in a way that the current meta doesn't mean them to be played as, you get a dozen reports, called a troll, and get blamed at when enemy Lux is roaming. Fuck this shit, why can't it be like in the old days where people just randomly locked in whoever they wanted and went to whichever lane whoever wanted?
Because most of the people that do that are terrible players, lose you the game, and suck. That's why.

And no. If you want random lockers, lower your Elo.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9014 on: July 13, 2012, 11:28:43 am »

No, when you go lower in Elo, you get people who want to conform even MORE to the meta. You gotta rise up to get with the chill dudes at 2000 normal elo before they'll be cool with whatever.
Pages: 1 ... 599 600 [601] 602 603 ... 1067