Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 592 593 [594] 595 596 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1270705 times)

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile

Hey guys I finally found champion I enjoy playing, and that looks cool his name is Dar-
SHIT
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile

So, any wanna hazard a guess what I did in my past life to deserve this? SEVEN GAMES LIKE THIS IN A ROW
Spoiler:  Why God, why :( (click to show/hide)

Anyway, apart from whining, here's a short list of AD carries in Dominion by relative fun and usefulness. This is all my opinion, but what are forums for if not sharing opinions :

Top : Twitch - insane damage, great killstealing potential early with his E so you can snowball easier, stealth with built-in aspeed steroid; since stealth detection is harder on Dominion, because honestly, who gets the Lightbringer or even the Hextech reveal items, he is IMO the best carry for Dom, not my top favourite to play because he is incredibly fragile and has no mobility options, but he's in the top 3 definitely
>
Ezreal - great poke and finishing potential, decent damage, great mobility, can interrupt point captures with his ult; really easy to suck at especially if you use his blink offensively; don't have him so he's not my favourite, but if I did he would probably be; now with Pulsefire Ezreal being released I expect an influx of horrible Ezreals.
=
Vayne - great damage, crowd control and mobility, great steroid and escape utility in her ult; even easier to suck at; don't build aspeed before IE, please, you make me sad; my favourite carry, since she skips the awkward laning phase which hampers her at SR and jumps right to hypercarry mode. A bit hard to kill steal with :(
=
Varus - great poke for the initial fight top, great sniping and finishing capabilities, his ult works wonders in a jungle fight, he has decent area denying potential with his slow; my second favourite carry since he has great range and poke which fits into my play style, others may feel different.
>
Kog'Maw(AD) - Excellent damage, poke and area denying capabilities, no escape options though, which leaves you at the mercy of a cold and uncaring team which in turn makes me sad
>
Corki - good poke, great damage, good mobility, also can reveal bushes which is really useful
=
Graves - good damage, decent mobility, great AOE damage for ruining teamfights, can make fleeing easier with smoke bomb
>
Ashe - kite is rarely as useful here as on SR since it's a smaller map, but it's still a lifesaver, great initiation, can interrupt captures
>
Caitlyn - has good range and decent finishing potential with her ult, traps are useful in locating enemies, but her damage output is low, she has no steroids so it gets even lower compared to other carries.

Haven't played Sivir, Tristana or Miss Fortune recently, just tried Draven and I'm less than impressed, the point where catching axes diminishes your total DPS comes way too early, though they are great for an autoattack reset, no good escape options, great at chasing and his ult can interrupt, but unless it hits twice, it does too low damage.

Hope this helps someone!

edit : Oh come on end of page again, really?
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel

Haven't played Sivir, Tristana or Miss Fortune recently, just tried Draven and I'm less than impressed, the point where catching axes diminishes your total DPS comes way too early, though they are great for an autoattack reset, no good escape options, great at chasing and his ult can interrupt, but unless it hits twice, it does too low damage.

They don't reset the autoattack timer, but I agree with everything else you said of him.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

I rarely play Dominion (and when I do, I tend to play trololos like Master Yi or Teemo and build for movement speed so I can zip around behind the enemy and recap towers), but I will say that Miss Fortune has good area denial, a potent Q if you build AD, an excellent AS steroid, good base movement speed (+ passive boost out of combat), and an ult that can ruin a tower-capping group's day.

Cons: No escape, other than her own innate mobility. If you get stunned and don't have some Tenacity items, you're likely boned. Other con is that you're not able to min-max her as effectively because Q scales with AD, E scales with AP, and her ult scales with both, which is why I tend to go for a hybrid build.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 11:55:15 am by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile

Now this is what I'm talking about! Pantheon, baby! Wooo!

For some reason I thought I had 5 losses in a row, turns out only 4 - and yeah, I know points don't really count for anything, but they do manage to convey the general situation. Also god damn Hecarim got 7 points in the last 3 seconds and surpassed me, how uncivilised.

Man I've started to whine a lot in this thread, gotta find myself another hobby soon.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile

You should play something that doesn't depend on your team and/or allows you to destroy everything. For me, that's Saints row the Third.
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile

Never, ever play against a good poppy. Everything she does will make you want to /ff. Poppy can 1v5, and walk out alive with one or two kills out of it.

Therolyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, had a few games with my mates last night and I've noticed a trend popping up with my performance

- When I'm just playing co-op vs AI matches as a solo I usually do poorly (compared to others)
- When I'm playing co-op vs AI with my friends and relatives, I consistently outperform them
- When I play normal matches with my friends/relatives I usually do poorly. (generally for every 3 kills I get I die 4 times, and I'm generally extremely poor on assists)

It has got me thinking that I play way too many co-op vs AI matches for one, and that I need to address my play-style. I just cannot understand why its under just those circumstances I trend to dominate.

da dwarf lord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

- When I play normal matches with my friends/relatives I usually do poorly.

This.

I'm not the worlds greatest player, but I do alright, but out of the 40 odd games played with mates from school I've won maybe 4-5? Much more fun playing with mates though so I don't really mind the hit to my win-loss ratio :)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

This.

I'm not the worlds greatest player, but I do alright, but out of the 40 odd games played with mates from school I've won maybe 4-5? Much more fun playing with mates though so I don't really mind the hit to my win-loss ratio :)
Whenever I play, I lose. Simple as that.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile

This.

Whenever I play, I lose. Simple as that.
If I play poorly, I win. If I play well, I lose.

I have won every time I have DCd.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

I've noticed a catch-22 when playing soloqueue (which is all I ever do, because I have no RL friends who play LoL):

If I play a heavy damage dealer, no one tanks or supports, I die a lot and get blamed "u suk feeding noob"
If I play tank, no one else knows how to do damage, and I wind up dying a lot of pointless deaths "u suk feeding noob"
If I play support, the person who I dedicate myself to buffing and healing invariably has an IQ much lower than their ping time, and I wind up being ineffective "u suk 0 kill noob"
If I play my ass off and wind up with 90% of the teamkills, I'm a killstealing bastard. And I become public enemy #1 to the enemy team, which focuses me down with everything they have.

I have had games where I literally pushed mid solo to the Nexus while top and bot lane were still working on their first tower. And then caught shit from people when I got 5-man ganked. Those are the moments when my finger hovers over the Uninstall button.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Jiokuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Morning comes whether you set the alarm or not
    • View Profile

I've noticed a catch-22 when playing soloqueue (which is all I ever do, because I have no RL friends who play LoL):

If I play a heavy damage dealer, no one tanks or supports, I die a lot and get blamed "u suk feeding noob"
If I play tank, no one else knows how to do damage, and I wind up dying a lot of pointless deaths "u suk feeding noob"
If I play support, the person who I dedicate myself to buffing and healing invariably has an IQ much lower than their ping time, and I wind up being ineffective "u suk 0 kill noob"
If I play my ass off and wind up with 90% of the teamkills, I'm a killstealing bastard. And I become public enemy #1 to the enemy team, which focuses me down with everything they have.

Did i mention that while not the best for AD bot or Mid you can also fit into any comp.

I have had games where I literally pushed mid solo to the Nexus while top and bot lane were still working on their first tower. And then caught shit from people when I got 5-man ganked. Those are the moments when my finger hovers over the Uninstall button.

I have found the Answer to be Kayle.
No tank? Ult + q/w kiting
Bot lane ad sux? Your the new ad carry IE->PD->GA + Lifesteal and you will do alot of damage. (Q's damage amp, Passive shred, Bonus damage from e, and AoE from E (btw E's splash calculates crits))
Bot lane ad Rox? You have a heal/haste, a slow, the ability to shred armor/mr, and an ult to keep that carry supported/alive
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 04:58:38 pm by Jiokuy »

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile

Last night me and Vis did a duo-top as Darius and Rumble for 5 games, and one each and every one of them. Rumble would range harass like an asshole and I would dunk fools. After the turret died after 5 -10 minutes I would jungle and gank everywhere.

It was amazing. The one time we played against someone who actually knew what he was doing he still got called a noob from his team for dying to much. It was beautiful.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

Kayle and Nidalee are both great for when you don't know how your teammates are going to work out or what is needed in your team comp.  They can both fulfill absolutely any role besides hard cc.

I like building Nidalee true hybrid with Archangels/Manamune/Frozen Heart/Banshee's Veil.

Won almost a full bravery match lastnight.  Four out of five people on my team built stacking items, and the other team didn't.  I was Gangplank.  Bravery + Gangplank = maximum chest hair.  Built Chalice (upgraded to zeal just before the final battle)/Boots of Swiftness/Leviathan/Sword of Occult/Mejai's/Trinity Force.  The enemy team was very high damage, including a Tryndamere who was fully built through at least half the match.  We had almost no hard cc, but a lot of mild slows and AOE, so they should have been able to tear through us while our items were weak and prevent us from ever gaining momentum.  We were super cautious and meticulously planned every encounter, always making extraordinary efforts to cover near-dead teammates.  It was a real challenge and almost an hour match.

Fun stuff.  Played four other games and they all sucked.  Stomped or got stomped.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 592 593 [594] 595 596 ... 1067