Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 594 595 [596] 597 598 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1270723 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Carried so freakin' hard as tanky Amumu. 18/1/15.
:whatisthisidonteven

I literally never built an AD item, and didn't start building AP until my 4th item or so, when I was already 11/0.
IIRC it was boots-3, Chalice of Harmony, Warmog's, then Abyssal Scepter, then upgrade Chalice to Athene's. Don't think I got past that point cause by then it was GG.

Rest of my team was Master Yi, Ashe, Teemo and Miss Fortune. How on earth do I do more damage than any of those four??  ???

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Carried so freakin' hard as tanky Amumu. 18/1/15.
:whatisthisidonteven

I literally never built an AD item, and didn't start building AP until my 4th item or so, when I was already 11/0.
IIRC it was boots-3, Chalice of Harmony, Warmog's, then Abyssal Scepter, then upgrade Chalice to Athene's. Don't think I got past that point cause by then it was GG.

Rest of my team was Master Yi, Ashe, Teemo and Miss Fortune. How on earth do I do more damage than any of those four??  ???

Tanks/melees/aps have great base damages.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Yeah, but I don't even think I was hitting with basic attacks that much. I guess enemies just didn't build MR?
I dunno, but it was pretty sweet when I single-handedly fended off a 4-man mid push.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Duo-top is so much fun. While technically the amount of gold and exp you get is less then it could be and there's no one ganking for the first 10-15 minutes it doesn't really matter if the enemy top is perma-denied creeps and dead at least once or twice before the tower falls. No one knows how to deal with it, outside of swearing at us. Even jungle ganks are basically useless because we've harassed their top down to half and we end up trading one for one or both.
Depends on who is playing top.

I locked Blitz once (blind pick) before two people announced they were dual queueing and wanted bot. So I went AD Blitz top against a Kat and Nasus. I couldn't really farm, but grabbed my usual philo stone and grabbed what I could. Then scaled heavily with level and was able to go 2/0 in the first full exchange. Then jungle Alistar started ganking and they were stuck just feeding. Ended on 9/3/6.

We might have been in trouble late game, but by mid game you had a BlitzStar combo who could roam and CC all day, quickly turning a losing mid lane into a turret then forcing the team fight, ace and surrender. Even if our bot lane wasn't dominating I'd have liked our chances.

Tyg13

• Bay Watcher
  • And then I was bacon.
    • View Profile

Played one as trundle, lost cause my team got kited to hell and back.

Played another as trundle (1 in 3721 chance to have two games in a row of the same champ given my amount of available champions, fun fact), won because the enemy team didn't know how to play their champions. It was priceless seeing this leblanc use her silence orb thing last whenever she tried to burst people.
Actually, that's incorrect. It's actually 1 in 61. Since there's 61 champions, you have a 1 in 3721 chance for a particular champion to be picked twice in a row. This means that there's 61 of these 1 in 3721 chances, meaning 61 in 3721, which equates to 1 in 61.

But we played a B12 ARAM. It was fun.

Er... there are 99 champions.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Played another as trundle (1 in 3721 chance to have two games in a row of the same champ given my amount of available champions, fun fact), won because the enemy team didn't know how to play their champions. It was priceless seeing this leblanc use her silence orb thing last whenever she tried to burst people.
Actually, that's incorrect. It's actually 1 in 61. Since there's 61 champions, you have a 1 in 3721 chance for a particular champion to be picked twice in a row. This means that there's 61 of these 1 in 3721 chances, meaning 61 in 3721, which equates to 1 in 61.

But he only owns 61. 61^2 = 3721.

It makes sense.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile

So, 100th champ confirmed to be Jayce.

I am massively disappointed. We were promised an unsexualized female champ with possible lore connections.

Instead we got another generic bruiser with massive shoulderpads and some generic "Oh yeah here's another random guy. Find the connection to Noxus and win a prize!" lore.

Tyg13

• Bay Watcher
  • And then I was bacon.
    • View Profile

But he only owns 61. 61^2 = 3721.

It makes sense.

Ah right, right. I didn't even consider that.

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How does one play Graves? ._.

His buckshot does A LOT of damage but his range and mana issues are very hard to adjust to. You have to make the active decision to stay in the back and poke if you can, or quickdraw in and get instantly focused. Additionally, I have trouble managing his mana pool. He's usually left with half his pool if you charge in, buckshot and collateral damage. A few more quickdraws and/or buckshots and he'll be completely oom for the rest of the fight, warranted it dragged on that long.

I feel as though Graves completely dominates in the laning phase but becomes lackluster in teamfights. He goes oom very quickly and can never get too close or he risks blowing himself up. Without the ability to get close to effectively poke or buckshot properly, his damage suffers.

It's probably my inexperience with him but I'm getting the impression that he's a great duelist, but very dependent on his teammates, especially in teamfights where he "falls off" a bit?

Jiokuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Morning comes whether you set the alarm or not
    • View Profile

With a few exceptions all of the champions in the game require radically different mindsets to play effectively.

Graves is a bursty ad carry, as compared to Ezreal whom is a poky ad carry, or Ashe who kites, or Tristana who is safe and/or magic bursty.

Graves excells in the smaller fights due to the limited range of his abilities and attacks. Champions like Blitzcrank volibear nautalis and singed are all very effective with graves because they allow him to buckshot up close and back away, removing much of the danger.

Understand that the ability that allows Graves to use his quickdraw offensively is his smokescreen. Under normal play (your not super fed), and teamfights, do not use your quickdraw buckshot combo without first blinding the opponent. That skill is what allows graves to quickdraw, buckshot, autoattack, collateral damage his foe into submission while avoiding getting blown up. If you cannot use your smoke properly you can do well, but your teamfights will be lack luster

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

Jayce is playable on the PBE. He looks really deep. Six abilities, and they all have various combos even with abilities in the other form. His visual design might not be the most unique, but his mechanics look really great.

Also, PBE tryndamere's spinning slash does damage to your allies. This is hilarious.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile

I'm not impressed with Jayce. He doesn't have that zing to him that champs need. Other ult-less champs have stuff like Nid's spears or Udyr's BEAR HANDS. Jayce just kinda... Is there. Karma has the same problem.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

I'm not impressed with Jayce. He doesn't have that zing to him that champs need. Other ult-less champs have stuff like Nid's spears or Udyr's BEAR HANDS. Jayce just kinda... Is there. Karma has the same problem.

I personally despise how most characters are designed to have some form of "gotcha" that is usually in their ult in the form of a massive stun or burst damage, and amounts to a form of gameplay where you win the game by simply pressing the button on the first person to step out of position.  I welcome more characters who are designed to be well-rounded instead.  Nidalee and Mundo are good examples.  They present the opportunity for a satisfying back-and-forth exchange that is fun for both sides, instead of only fun for the person who lands the "gotcha".
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile

It doesn't have to be something that destroys them, but it does have to be something that has a satisfying effect.

Take Soraka, for instance. Yeah, afk heals are nice, but they don't have that profound "This is why I play Soraka" effect, but then an ally is desperately pinging for help and you're half a map away, you can press R, and then be satisfied with a grateful teammate's "ty raka".

Shyv's transformation is something that really doesn't have much actual impact, but it gives you a feeling of "I'm doing something this fight". That small amount of damage it does doesn't really process so much as "I just turned into a dragon, you should run".

Not all champs feeling of satisfaction have to be devastating, although that's a good way to make it satisfying. However, when I play someone like Trundle, I play them because they're powerful, not because they're fun to play. I can bite people all I want, and I can shred their Malphite to pieces and then 1v3 because of all the armor I just got, but there's no feeling to it.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile

Also, PBE tryndamere's spinning slash does damage to your allies. This is hilarious.

I need to play the PBE just to abuse the everliving hell out of this, and get away with it. Unintended side effect of something stupid they did, I assume? Else that would be a great denial utility in a game that doesn't really allow denies.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.
Pages: 1 ... 594 595 [596] 597 598 ... 1067