Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 483 484 [485] 486 487 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1273125 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Ziggs, the Hexplosives Expert - 1.0.0.133
« Reply #7260 on: February 03, 2012, 01:40:35 pm »

Now I have an overwhelming urge to buy a stealth champ like Teemo or Akali, wait for the enemy team to try for a Baron kill, then killsteal it out from under them.

Any guesses as to how many death threats/ragequits I'd receive?  :P

It's hard to do without smite.  Also I'm kind of perplexed that of all the stealth champs you picked probably the two least viable ones for it.  Teemo has to stand still to stealth so he'd have to sit there the whole game (Though not doing anything is kind of par for the course for Teemo) and Akali has a big "PLEASE AOE THIS AREA" cloud so she wouldn't last long at Baron.
Shoes...

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7262 on: February 03, 2012, 04:29:54 pm »

So... Shyvana sale and Jegus... She's really hard to play. I mean, the ult timing, all that. She's hard to play against BOTS.
Also often called Boowells.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7263 on: February 03, 2012, 04:48:16 pm »

Reddit is doing this: http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/p99pe/1v5_bot_speedruns_the_most_fun_youve_had_beating/

Whoever can kill all inhibs and nexus the fastest gets $10.

Might be worth a shot. Not that I'm likely to do it though. I don't think I have any revolutionary pushing ideas.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7264 on: February 03, 2012, 04:53:31 pm »

I'm gonna try it just to see how I do, but it's unlikely I'll be particularly fast so it's mostly for fun.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7265 on: February 03, 2012, 05:10:49 pm »

My current best is 14:40 as Morde. 13 pots, 29 0 1, attack speed masteries.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Replay: http://www.leaguereplays.com/replays/match/204079/

The record right now as far as I know is 13:10 as MF.

Hurm... I think if I didn't die, I could beat that MF.

Edit: Argh, this is tough. I'm going to wait until a few hours before the deadline and see what the high score is then.

Wravburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7266 on: February 03, 2012, 06:32:28 pm »

My bet is on Yi.

I hope I have time to try it tomorrow. Don't think I will get it. I'm too lazy to fix masteries/runes for only this purpose, but I can try :)
League of Legends
EU-west: Wash

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7267 on: February 03, 2012, 06:44:04 pm »

Now I have an overwhelming urge to buy a stealth champ like Teemo or Akali, wait for the enemy team to try for a Baron kill, then killsteal it out from under them.

I dunno. My favorite was a no-nonsense Nidalee on my team who didn't care about the other team. Just walks up to other side of the baron, waits 2 seconds and throws her spear. Walks away like a boss.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7268 on: February 03, 2012, 08:25:26 pm »

I dunno. My favorite was a no-nonsense Nidalee on my team who didn't care about the other team. Just walks up to other side of the baron, waits 2 seconds and throws her spear. Walks away like a boss.

I got one of those, only with a traditional Lux laser kill.
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7269 on: February 03, 2012, 09:11:32 pm »

We got owned in bot lane by a Nidalee Caitlyn team. Nidalee had 50 AP at level 1 and clarity.

That shit hurt... neverending super damage spears.

Edit: Lumbajak and me just played a ranked game where we had Cassiopeia, Leona, Ashe, Amumu... and Teemo. So that's... 5 stuns (3 AoE), 3 slows (2 AoE), 2 roots (1 AoE) and a Teemo. The poor enemy were kinda messed up bad.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Shoes...

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7272 on: February 04, 2012, 04:03:15 am »

As of four days ago Chaox (Who is, of course, number 1 elo worldwide) said that Sivir is the best solo queue champ in the game, and to prove it has gotten like three smurf accounts to 2200+ on Sivir.

Umiman was right.

EDIT:  And he takes heal on her.  Huh.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 04:05:43 am by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7273 on: February 04, 2012, 04:58:28 am »

Interestingly enough, during the week Sivir was remade, Chaox kept repeating that she's wasn't that good. That she was only good early game and falls off really hard in the late game.

Goes to show that being pro doesn't necessarily follow good judgement. Which is more true than we might think, considering the type of judgement used to justify dropping out of school to play videogames for a living.

Edit: Here's something I don't understand. Maybe someone here smarter than me can explain it.

The patch changed Ashe's per level mana by 8. As in, she gets an additional 8 mana per level for a total of 144. This 144 extra mana has made it so that Ashe right now basically has unlimited mana. This is a gigantic change compared to her previously, where if you used her ult she was basically OOM until you bluepilled. So, basically the sweet spot for Ashe to have "unlimited mana" for all intents and purposes was an extra 144 mana.

How do you determine this? What is the optimal amount of mana for a champion? It's actually pretty freaking easy to overkill on mana since all the extra mana is essentially wasted gold. In the interest of efficiency, we need to determine the optimal amount needed. For example... does Morgana REALLY need a RoA's worth of mana? Does Cass? How much do they need before it goes to waste? Maybe all these champions also only need an extra 144 mana... in which case you could just get them with runes and never have to buy a single mana item.

Anyone have any ideas how to figure it out?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7274 on: February 04, 2012, 05:10:43 am »

Seriously, the money's pretty insane for what they're doing (I think hotshotgg makes six figures) but there can't be much job security there and he's not exactly building any marketable skills.

I'm starting to think that the funk I was in wasn't because I was playing champs I'm bad at.  I'm back to playing the champs I'm good at, winning my lane every time, but it doesn't matter because three of my teammates don't speak English and feed ten kills.  It's like I'm being matched with people from level 10.  I've seen one jungler and he was Yi and went 1/14, I don't think I've seen a single support, people just pick whatever the hell they want.

Back to multiqueueing I guess, and hoping we don't keep getting herpderp premades like 5 aoe.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 06:16:28 am by Cthulhu »
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 483 484 [485] 486 487 ... 1067