Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 481 482 [483] 484 485 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1273172 times)

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Ziggs, the Hexplosives Expert - 1.0.0.133
« Reply #7230 on: February 02, 2012, 05:52:08 pm »

Anybody know some good paths for him now?  I'm thinking Wolves-Wraiths-Red for an early level 3 gank with red.

You can go Wolves-Blue-Wraiths-Red-Golems on Noc and gank mid or bot early all you want. I would advise getting the blue though because the ability to spam your Q dramatically speeds up your jungle.

Don't take my word for this though, I'm not a jungler.

I've decided to learn jungle Poppy because I really want to play Poppy more, but there's not much place for her anywhere. She's all-around mediocre in the jungle, but lategame you get to have a farmed poppy, and there are few things better than that.

Poppy can be a strong solo top, I've seen her played effectively in that role. And yes, she does carry lategame pretty hard :D.

Anyone knows any good Sivir builds?

Boots + 3 pots -> 1-3 Doran's Blades -> Bloodthirster -> Phantom Dancer -> Infinity Edge -> Bveil.

Basically your generic AD carry build. With other AD carries you might want to go IE -> PD though before you even consider BT. Last Whisper can be thrown in there if you need armor pen.

edit : Also, has anyone any experience playing Trundle in Dominion? I'm on the brink of getting enough IP for a new champion, but I'm starting to suspect I have enough tanky dps... but he seems like he could be really powerful. It's either that or the Jarman, I think.

I don't play Dominion, but Trundle is a solid jungle pick on Summoner's Rift, and I think that would translate well into Dominion. Jarvan is also strong enough to be competitive. However, I don't play either very often (I USED to main Trundle) and they aren't seen too much. Poppy is an extremely powerful Dominion pick.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7231 on: February 02, 2012, 05:57:45 pm »

Anybody know some good paths for him now?  I'm thinking Wolves-Wraiths-Red for an early level 3 gank with red.

You can go Wolves-Blue-Wraiths-Red-Golems on Noc and gank mid or bot early all you want. I would advise getting the blue though because the ability to spam your Q dramatically speeds up your jungle.

Don't take my word for this though, I'm not a jungler.
Yes. You need blue. Nocturne has low mana management, so requires blue if you want to be fast. Or at least that's what my brother yells at me while he's jungling/watching someone jungle. I'm more of a mid/bot.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7232 on: February 02, 2012, 07:01:22 pm »

I'm wondering if I should just get Ziggs, he looks interesting.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #7233 on: February 02, 2012, 07:03:05 pm »

I hate when you win mid and top and the jungle, but bot feeds 12 kills. That happened earlier today.

I also hate when you win top and the jungle and bot, but mid feeds 8 klls. That also happened earlier today.

And then there was this game where the enemy Ziggs got one kill on mid, one kill on me (jungle), and one kill on each of bot, then snowballed hard off those. That wasn't anyone's fault specifically. I don't hate those kind of games quite as much.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7234 on: February 02, 2012, 07:17:57 pm »

I'm wondering if I should just get Ziggs, he looks interesting.

I haven't played him but he's a strong pick and supposedly quite fun, too.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7235 on: February 02, 2012, 07:31:06 pm »

I bought Ziggs, now I am about to play a game with him, maybe I should buy all the yordles and exclusively play them from now on.

EDIT: Well that was fun, the ultimate was extremely powerful, but works best if you're closer so you can land it better. I did manage to wipe out three people from another lane though.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 07:57:14 pm by Pnx »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7236 on: February 03, 2012, 12:56:15 am »

I bought Ziggs, now I am about to play a game with him, maybe I should buy all the yordles and exclusively play them from now on.

EDIT: Well that was fun, the ultimate was extremely powerful, but works best if you're closer so you can land it better. I did manage to wipe out three people from another lane though.
From what I can tell, he's really strong, and he basically has a delayed burst GP ult.

FluffyToast J

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7237 on: February 03, 2012, 02:03:42 am »

I've heard his ult compared to Pantheons. Similar timings from distance, and all that. Apparently if you can land Pantheon's ult, you're good to go.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7238 on: February 03, 2012, 03:49:10 am »

Why all this speculating? Let's do some theorycrafting!

Ziggs:
Ziggs is, while entertaining, actually a very simple character. He has 4 AoE damage skills and is a burst caster. That's about it. Off the bat, we know he has good range just under Xerath (which is kind of annoying) and his cooldowns are a bit ridiculous (18 seconds? 16 seconds?). But he's a burst caster, so honestly all we care about is the 1 second damage potential.

Keep in mind... Ziggs is actually the only mage in this game with 4 AoE spells (and with the exception of Shyvana's Dragon Form, the only champion period). What this means for the analysis is that really, there's no real existing champion to compare him with. His damage potential will be a lot higher than others. I'll elaborate more on this after the analysis.

Passive: Short Fuse

(Innate): Every 12 seconds, Ziggs' next basic attack deals 13 + (7 × level) (+0.35 per ability power) bonus magic damage. This cooldown is reduced by 4 seconds whenever Ziggs uses an ability.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Q: Bouncing Bomb

Cost: 60 / 70 / 80 / 90 / 100 mana
Cooldown: 6 / 5.5 / 5 / 4.5 / 4 seconds
Magic Damage: 75 / 120 / 165 / 210 / 255 (+0.65 per ability power)

W: Satchel Charge
Cooldown: 30 / 27 / 24 / 21 / 18 seconds
Magic Damage: 70 / 105 / 140 / 175 / 210 (+0.35 per ability power)

E: Hexplosive Minefield
Cooldown: 16 seconds
Cost: 80 / 90 / 100 / 110 / 120 mana
Magic Damage from First Mine: 40 / 65 / 90 / 115 / 140 (+0.3 per ability power)
Magic Damage from Additional Mines: 20 / 32.5 / 45 / 57.5 / 70 (+0.15 per ability power)
Slow: 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 / 40 %

R: Mega Inferno Bomb

Cooldown: 120 / 105 / 90 seconds
Primary Magic Damage: 250 / 375 / 500 (+0.9 per ability power)
Secondary Area Magic Damage: 187.5 / 281.25 / 375 (+0.675 per ability power)

Conclusions:

Tl;dr: Ziggs is a standard burst caster that has amazing damage potential if he can actually hit more than one person with his skills, long range, and ridiculously long cooldowns. Kill him in lane by forcing him to use his W. No reliable stun either means if you reach him, he's probably dead. Course... Sivir has no reliable stun either so it *sounds* way easier than it probably is.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7239 on: February 03, 2012, 05:51:12 am »

So, about Ziggs AP ratios: Highly damn variable. Anyway, my assumptions based on what he can unload in one gank attempt/teamfight:

2x Short Fuse: 0.7 AP, pretty reliable. Single target
2x Bouncing Bomb: 1.4 AP, not entirely certain. Small AoE
1x Satchel Charge: 0.35 AP, but also doubles as his escape mech. AoE
3x Hexplosive Mine: 0.6 AP, room for improvement, definitely more in teamfights. AoE
1x MIB: 0.9 AP, pretty certain on close range, but not 100% sure. AoE

Sums up to 2.95 damage per point in ability power, but that's really damn variable. Hexplosive Minefield can really lay on the pain in some situations, Bouncing Bomb is tricky to aim if you want it to bounce, you might not hit MIB dead center and you might not want to use Satchel Charge for damage.

Cassiopeia's combo AP ratio is 3.0 by the way, but that is actually assuming around 2.5 seconds of time - RQWEE. (Ziggs calculation assumes around 4.5 seconds) Cass is second to none in sustaining her damage (in terms of casters), one QEE already has a 2.0 AP ratio. So over 4.5 seconds of perfect accuracy you get 5 points of damage out of one point of AP.

Yeah her ratios are crazy.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7240 on: February 03, 2012, 07:57:44 am »

That's also his only CC spell and it's a puny, unreliable knockup.

Arent you forgetting the slow from the minefield ?

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7241 on: February 03, 2012, 08:43:30 am »

Usually one fails to consider slows :P But as a 40% slow it definitely has its moments. Just doesn't interrupt anything.

Satchel Charge is his only hard CC.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7242 on: February 03, 2012, 09:02:39 am »

I dunno about SR, but for what it's worth he's one of the best AP casters for top in dominion - Ziggs alone can stall the initial windmill fight with his ball-busting area denial and gets even better later on for defending points and stalling captures. Also since MR is rarely bought in Dominion he does really good damage and I've seen a lot of squishies instagibbed by his combo. Also his ult leaves very little time to dodge and since flash isn't as prevalent as in SR it's almost impossible to dodge in shorter ranges.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7243 on: February 03, 2012, 10:34:00 am »

Could someone point me to a guide to lanes, or summarize in simple terms "who goes where" (ideally)?  Something similar to the "Laning Basics" link in Umiman's 2nd thread post, but for all the lanes. 
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7244 on: February 03, 2012, 10:55:49 am »

Could someone point me to a guide to lanes, or summarize in simple terms "who goes where" (ideally)?  Something similar to the "Laning Basics" link in Umiman's 2nd thread post, but for all the lanes.

Welcome to the League of Legends, summoner! In tomorrow's tutorial we will be showing you all the basics of laning. Stay tuned!

[I can teach you tomorrow, if you want.]
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.
Pages: 1 ... 481 482 [483] 484 485 ... 1067