Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 475 476 [477] 478 479 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1273294 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Sejuani, that Permaslow Pig - 1.0.0.132
« Reply #7140 on: January 31, 2012, 12:57:56 pm »

We'll call it Bullet Time^5.

I'm probably missing some joke here.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #7141 on: January 31, 2012, 01:24:13 pm »

So far all of my games as jungle Maokai have been victories, and good ones. He is sleeper OP, but since he isn't really mainstream yet, I doubt he'll get nerfs anytime soon.

My last game was versus another jungling Totem Maokai. At first, I was shocked, afraid that I might be the totem of an inferior clan. But, as it turned out, my clan had carved me better.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7142 on: January 31, 2012, 01:33:00 pm »

Mf does do large amounts of damage, but nobody plays her because bullet time (her ult) isn't that much fun.

It's also pretty hard to kill someone with it if you aren't fed.

Also, lack of escapes.

anybody with a slow, or an assasin can strut bot and fuck up mf.
That's why I tend to go with Cleanse/Ghost on MF. If I'm up against a frequent stunner like Taric or Pantheon, I have to learn to keep my distance.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7143 on: January 31, 2012, 04:33:43 pm »

Actually, with the exception of Sivir. Ashe does the single highest level 1 damage of all the AD carries in the game.

Interesting fact.

It tapers off later.

Edit: CLG.eu beat M5 in the Kings of Europe tournament. It's actually not that surprising, as they've regularly beaten them in scrims. So I guess this means CLG.eu is now best in the world until the next tournament comes around. Also, Mundo makes an appearance (Don't be surprised where!). And tank Urgot.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7144 on: January 31, 2012, 05:33:52 pm »

That tank Urgot was sad but funny. They kept focusing him in teamfights while Shyvana ripped them apart... I can't help but feel like it was something they kind of stumbled in to accidentally somehow, though. I mean it kind of makes sense in a weird way, but I get the feeling they didn't mean for him to be tanky from the get go.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7145 on: January 31, 2012, 05:47:16 pm »

I think it was intended. Urgot is naturally tanky. In fact, he kinda scales very... VERY shittily with AD items. Especially for a ranged AD carry. It's not the same as say... Sivir or Graves, because while those guys operate similarly, all their skills are AoE, leading to massive damage. Urgot smacks one person at a time.

He relies on one single skill to do damage, and it's not his autoattack. This skill can't crit either. The only reason why he even gets scary is not because of items, but because of levels and the nature of his skills in the first place. It's not that he's strong, he just makes everyone weak. Technically speaking, the damage difference between him building full tank and full AD is nearly nonexistant.

So I think they intended it. It's just kinda funny.

But it does go to show how people seem to enjoy ignoring Shyvana. She's like the opposite of Teemo. Global ignore.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7146 on: January 31, 2012, 06:54:25 pm »

But it does go to show how people seem to enjoy ignoring Shyvana. She's like the opposite of Teemo. Global ignore.

It's because she's so freaking tanky in dragon form. Good luck doing more than 100 damage per hit with a full AD carry build. She just takes so little damage, it's not even funny. She always dies last in proper teamfights, even if you try focusing her, in which case, you all die to her team.
Also often called Boowells.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7147 on: January 31, 2012, 07:30:57 pm »

After almost a month without LoL I can safely say I'm not quite ready to return, I rage waaaaaaaay too much :I
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7148 on: January 31, 2012, 07:35:03 pm »

After almost a month without LoL I can safely say I'm not quite ready to return, I rage waaaaaaaay too much :I

This game has been like training to me. I used to rage a lot. Now I'm just mildly disgruntled every time I lose unless it's like three games in a row.
Also often called Boowells.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7149 on: January 31, 2012, 08:11:25 pm »

It's not the outcome, it's the dumb crap intbetween that annoys me.

Or, I'll just play Tyrind *clickety click click*
AS - IG

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7150 on: January 31, 2012, 08:16:01 pm »

I don't see why people are always citing Trynd as the zero skill autoplay champ.  If I had to pick the easiest champ in the game, I'd call Annie.  Easy farm, easy mana management, "b at 6 or you die" ultimate, aoe stuns, no skillshots, etc.
Shoes...

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #7151 on: January 31, 2012, 08:22:25 pm »

Patch notes are here.

Surprise Morgana nerf too. And Viktor buff.

WotA nerf.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7152 on: January 31, 2012, 08:28:16 pm »

Okay, let's see:
- Coop vs AI stuff: Yey, more ip~
- Ashe: Yup, catching-up stuff. Nothing particularly surprising. Rightly needed, should give her some leeway in duels again.
- Sivir: Hrm... actually quite a big nerf. 5 seconds off the ult is quite a big deal. I think I can still work with it.
- Heh, Will of the Asians got nerfed. Good thing too, fuck Kennen...
- What happened to the removal of crit?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7153 on: January 31, 2012, 08:44:09 pm »

I don't see why people are always citing Trynd as the zero skill autoplay champ.  If I had to pick the easiest champ in the game, I'd call Annie.  Easy farm, easy mana management, "b at 6 or you die" ultimate, aoe stuns, no skillshots, etc.

It's not that he's easy to play, but once you get the hang of him he just becomes like autopilot, you start a game, and after that it's like you are not even there most of the time, just the sound of clicking and a few button presses, the occasional taunt is nice and that's about it, very relaxing :D
AS - IG

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Ziggs, the Hexplosives Expert - 1.0.0.133
« Reply #7154 on: February 01, 2012, 12:03:20 am »

Actually, with the exception of Sivir. Ashe does the single highest level 1 damage of all the AD carries in the game.

Interesting fact.

It tapers off later.

If you're going off the ROG post, apparently the guy made some mistakes in his calculations. I've been interested in the L1 burst, though, because I feel like Ashe should have less. So I've decided to do it myself! Calculations are done with no bonus AD and ignore armor.

Doing the math myself, Sivir does 60+48+49 damage at level one, with a single autoattack and both hits of boomerang blade. Meaning 157 damage total. Ashe does 46.3 damage off the autoattack, 46.3 more damage with the crit, and 40 damage from volley. Meaning 132.6 damage total.

Ashe does less base damage here, though her combo is definitely more consistent. You deal 24.4 more damage as Sivir if you get both hits from Boomerang Blade, but you do 23.6 less damage if you can't get the second hit off.

But of course, there's one more thing to take into account: Scaling. With Sivir's combo, you get 1.1 scaling on the first hit of Boomerang, .88 off the second, and 1.0 off the autoattack. Meaning every additional 1 AD you buy nets you 2.98 extra damage. With Ashe's combo, you get 1.0 off the autoattack, 1.0 more off the crit, and 1.0 off the volley. You're getting 3.00 more damage as Ashe for every AD.

So their scaling is basically identical, yes? Wrong! Ashe has one thing to her advantage: the 10% extra critical damage mastery. This bumps her volley-crit combo up to a 3.1 AD scaling. How much of a difference should this make? Not much,actually . You'd need 244 damage to even out with Sivir's optimal combo.

So yeah, Sivir gets more damage optimally but Ashe has more consistent damage.

edit: This patch will lower Sivir's boomerang blade damage by 10+8, making her basically unconditionally worse than Ashe at level 1. You'll get like 7 damage out of getting both hits on Boomerang Blade over Ashe's (far easier to land) crit+volley.

---

In other news, I totally just remembered how fun jungle Yi is. Just make sure your laners have CC since you bring about as much as Shyvana. Actually, with Alpha Strike, I could see Yi performing a Shyvana-esque fast counterjungling role. His passive helps too (not very much tbh), giving you another wriggles chance every once in a while.

Yi really shines in midgame, I've discovered. Most games have ended before I've had a chance to finish my patented BVeil-Atma's-Youmuu's-InfinityEdge build. Someone like Yi can actually use the crit from Atma's, making it more efficient at a lower amount of health so you don't need Warmog's.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 12:25:53 am by penguinofhonor »
Pages: 1 ... 475 476 [477] 478 479 ... 1067