Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 473 474 [475] 476 477 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1273314 times)

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Sejuani, that Permaslow Pig - 1.0.0.132
« Reply #7110 on: January 30, 2012, 07:45:06 pm »

Maybe people realized that Akali is OP piece of garbage, and don't wanna play an OP champ for easy wins? My fingers are crossed for that.

People really would want to play an OP champ for easy wins. Many people would.
Not if you have to die suicidally everytime.

It's less effective.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7111 on: January 30, 2012, 07:55:19 pm »

Oh man, Deman's a B12er? Neat.

FoTM-itis has always fascinated me. Not just how easily swayed the masses are (that's only the top layer of it), but how long it sticks (often shorter periods of time for harder champs), how much it can sway the devs (this one always kind of surprises me...), and even how it can turn out to be a productive thing and cause people to find alternative useful builds or team comps. I kind of wish there was as much number-crunching that went on in the LoL community as there is in the WoW community, although I guess you'd need much more given the number of champs LoL has. On the other hand, I kind of like that it's nearly unfeasible so there'll always be a bit of wild west-ness to LoL.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7112 on: January 30, 2012, 08:28:24 pm »

Since when did Stark's Fervor's debuff affect minions? I'm pretty sure this wasn't there before.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7113 on: January 30, 2012, 08:38:17 pm »

Huh. Didn't know it HAD the armor debuff aura until I looked it up just now... :-\

Edit: also, everything I can find says enemy champions, so maybe bug? I've seen people say it also affects minions, but descriptions say champs.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 08:41:58 pm by Bluerobin »
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7114 on: January 30, 2012, 08:46:37 pm »

Yeah. It's still a bit of a weird item though. I can't ever rationalize a champ getting it unless they're support. The stats don't make sense I don't think. Especially the 30 hp/10 part. It's a huge amount... but... c'mon... who the hell needs hp regen when you have 20% lifesteal?

But now that I know it works on minions... hrm... maybe we could force all our supports to buy it super early. I know it'd make it so that Sivir's Boomerang Blade alone can instagib the entire creep wave. Right now she needs to Q and then E.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7115 on: January 30, 2012, 08:56:06 pm »

?

Everybody needs 30 hp/5

Everybody.

You give that, and attack speed, to your entire team : O.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7116 on: January 30, 2012, 09:50:31 pm »

Hahaha oh man. Funny you say that umi. Turns out they're remaking it. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/new-items-locket-iron-solari-and-remade-aura-items

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7117 on: January 30, 2012, 09:54:07 pm »

Hah. Cool. I'm vindicated once more!

Edit: WAAAHAHAHAHA! IT DOESN'T GIVE HP REGEN ANY MORE! xD

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7118 on: January 30, 2012, 10:26:25 pm »

Emblem of valor is totally rad now.
Shoes...

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7119 on: January 30, 2012, 10:49:21 pm »

Hah. Cool. I'm vindicated once more!

Edit: WAAAHAHAHAHA! IT DOESN'T GIVE HP REGEN ANY MORE! xD

I prefer the hp regen to the flat hp :/
You get that back in like, 40 seconds

but for your whole team!

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #7120 on: January 31, 2012, 01:34:28 am »

Hahaha oh man. Funny you say that umi. Turns out they're remaking it. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/new-items-locket-iron-solari-and-remade-aura-items

My "favorite" line from the description: "To combat this, we decided to rebuild Stark’s Fervor into an item that would be more beneficial to a champion who would typically purchase an aura item, such as a tank or support. Since these champions usually aren’t the ones you typically see racking up gold, however, an expensive component item like the Recurve Bow needed to be removed from the recipe. "

Once again they do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to discourage the completely terrible 0 cs support meta, in fact the opposite they just encourage it that much more.

On top of that, the new aura item with a shield? yeah, it's going to make arguably the most frustrating champion to lane against (soraka) even more annoying, now she has effectively 4 heals instead of 3 (main heal, ult, summoner heal, clicky shield).

Riot says they hate passive play, but they keep encouraging it... WHY?!
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7121 on: January 31, 2012, 01:36:40 am »

My "favorite" line from the description: "To combat this, we decided to rebuild Stark’s Fervor into an item that would be more beneficial to a champion who would typically purchase an aura item, such as a tank or support. Since these champions usually aren’t the ones you typically see racking up gold, however, an expensive component item like the Recurve Bow needed to be removed from the recipe. "

Once again they do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to discourage the completely terrible 0 cs support meta, in fact the opposite they just encourage it that much more.

On top of that, the new aura item with a shield? yeah, it's going to make arguably the most frustrating champion to lane against (soraka) even more annoying, now she has effectively 4 heals instead of 3 (main heal, ult, summoner heal, clicky shield).

Riot says they hate passive play, but they keep encouraging it... WHY?!

To encourage supports to farm.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #7122 on: January 31, 2012, 01:48:06 am »

but they aren't encouraging supports to farm - they specifically said they were making it cheap because supports don't farm.

Second item does not specifically say it's cheap, but it's 'midrange' which means supports will buy it after they get their GP/5 items. it looks like it will be incredibly annoying, but not good enough to stop spoonfeeding your carry free gold for.

Edit: second item actually builds out of heart of gold, a GP/5 item many supports got even though it was not super great stats for them. how is that encouraging them to farm more?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 01:50:38 am by BurnedToast »
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7123 on: January 31, 2012, 02:05:13 am »

I take offense to that. Even ignoring the fact that I personally enjoy occassionally playing no-farm support.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: I'm getting a little worried that Sivir's getting *too* popular... I don't really want Riot to nerf one of my favorites...

Edit edit: Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckkk.... Sivir's getting nerfed... Sigh, knew it was too good to last. Oh well, they still haven't touched MF. She's still super strong. Can still drag her around. Too bad she's 6300ip.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7124 on: January 31, 2012, 05:59:45 am »

Damn it, EoV was my first thing (after boots) on Tyrinda, with it and a few potions I could pretty much spend the first 20 minutes either farming or roaming, and later I could either sell it if I needed a bunch of something (like damage, or damage, or crit chance, maybe damage) or alternatively turn it into Starks for that extra rage buildup, extra damage (seriously, with ARpen, BC and this you could shave off almost 100 armor off of someone) and ofcourse that nice lifesteal.

Now I have to think again when playing him, decide what to get.
I DO NOT LIKE THINKING WITH TRYNDAMERE RIOT WHY DO YOU MAKE ME THINK WITH HIM, WHYYYYY!?!?!??!
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 473 474 [475] 476 477 ... 1067