Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 472 473 [474] 475 476 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1273326 times)

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Sejuani, that Permaslow Pig - 1.0.0.132
« Reply #7095 on: January 30, 2012, 04:20:05 am »

The only real definitive result I got was that it really does make LeBonk completely useless. If I was using someone who wasn't absolutely squishy like MF and perhaps Udyr... it really would have been no contest at all.

When versus lebonk in lane, would you recommend building HP or straight MR? I normally go with HP, since it works well with RoA or the magic-makes-you-slow-staff (Ryles?)...

#1 Thing that bugs me about teammates: Meta-Stupids (not just skill less, local stupid)  "OH GOD THAT LEBONK JUST HIT ME FOR 50% of my hp, better run, whop whop whop"

or

"Wow, that Catlyn + tristana + malz + morgana and kennen just all flashed on one teammates and all ulted him at once. That killed him pretty quickly and those guys are super scary, we 4 better run away from the flashless, ultless champs that just ganked karthus and are low from his E and after death Qs, herp a derp - But I won´t push my lane either, even if I can see 5 enemies in bot lane and I am solotop."

« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 04:25:51 am by ThtblovesDF »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7096 on: January 30, 2012, 05:10:44 am »

Generally I recommend you go straight HP unless you were planning to buy MR in the first place (like rushing Abyssal).

It's for the reasons you mentioned, lots of natural AP items have HP as well. Way more practical to rush a RoA than to rush a Lich Bane...

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7097 on: January 30, 2012, 07:08:16 am »

Or just get the straight HP part, like a Catalyst, buy a Negatron and then get on with your build. Random Negatrons should shut out your opponent hard enough.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #7098 on: January 30, 2012, 09:26:47 am »

Yeah, a random negatron is really efficient and builds into useful things like Abyssal/BVeil. 48% more effective HP is almost always more useful than what you'll get from and HP item.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #7099 on: January 30, 2012, 09:29:09 am »

Yeah, a random negatron is really efficient and builds into useful things like Abyssal/BVeil. They are 48% more effective than HP, and are almost always more useful than what you'll get from a HP item.
Fixed, I think?
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #7100 on: January 30, 2012, 09:31:33 am »

No, he meant effective HP. HP equivalent counting the damage your armor/MR/whatever is soaking up.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7101 on: January 30, 2012, 09:39:00 am »

No, he meant effective HP. HP equivalent counting the damage your armor/MR/whatever is soaking up.
Though he's still technically wrong. It's 48% of your HP added to your effective health.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7102 on: January 30, 2012, 09:46:09 am »

I'm getting better at handling 1v2 laning, if I've got the right character. Used Miss Fortune last night, held Vlad and Pantheon to a standstill top lane for at least 10 minutes (I was supposed to have a Blitzcrank lanemate, but dude's latency was horrible. Don't play a skillshot char with 300+ ping time.)

Couldn't really push the lane, but neither could they. And every now and then, our jungle Fiddle would pop up and gank them as they were falling back around the corner. Good times. I actually got a friend request from the Pantheon player after the match.

Also, one match away from 6300 IP. Decisions, decisions.....I've been enjoying the hell out of MF during freebie week, but I'm kind of attracted to a min-max blaster like Xerath too.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7103 on: January 30, 2012, 11:42:37 am »

Why did I suddenly stop seeing Akali everywhere except for Westrice? Did she fall out of favor or something? She wasn't nerfed very hard last time I checked and she still has that irksome passive.
Also often called Boowells.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #7104 on: January 30, 2012, 11:56:10 am »

Maybe people realized that Akali is OP piece of garbage, and don't wanna play an OP champ for easy wins? My fingers are crossed for that.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7105 on: January 30, 2012, 12:05:34 pm »

Maybe people realized that Akali is OP piece of garbage, and don't wanna play an OP champ for easy wins? My fingers are crossed for that.
I don't think she's all that OP. She's just good at beating people who don't know how to fight her.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7106 on: January 30, 2012, 12:17:27 pm »

That's how FOTM works, baby. Akali no longer is it, which means that you are free to pick her up and be as awesome as ever.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Deman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7107 on: January 30, 2012, 01:32:32 pm »

I just caught the last 10 or so minutes of the M5 vs TSM game... jesus christ Moscow 5 have godly play. I've never watched LoL tournaments, but TSM crushed so much up until now and just got completely outplayed. M5 favourite team in the entire world, hope they win this tourney.

Ohhi, I am the commentator from IntelEM also this weekends Kings of Europe.

Just thought I'd say hi since I always lurk here, waiting on Toady to get the update out!

Edit: I should point out its CLG.EU vs M5 tomorrow ;)
Edit2: As for the "professional player" thing basically they do it full time and earn good money.  They are generally on 5cpm on the streams giving them around $150 with 10k viewers when they hit the 3 ad button.  Clock this up many many times a day and they earn good money playing games all day.  Ramp it up to someone like CLG they got around 250k to stay with own3d for a year.  So yes, they are professional money earning gamers :)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 01:36:43 pm by Deman »

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7108 on: January 30, 2012, 02:36:58 pm »

People really would want to play an OP champ for easy wins. Many people would.
Also often called Boowells.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7109 on: January 30, 2012, 04:29:38 pm »

Hello Deman! Thanks for the great commentaries!

Edit: I dunno about Akali. On one hand, she's still the ridiculously strong laner at level 6 she's always been. On the other, her mid game has been thwapped really hard by Riot in all the past patches. Kind of a give and take thing.

I'll quote Morello on this. Some people just like certain niches that certain champions do. So if you like the Akali niche, then you'd probably still do well with her. I'm just not really sure what that niche is because I don't play her. But I guess that's why it's called a niche hue hue hue~
Pages: 1 ... 472 473 [474] 475 476 ... 1067