Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 464 465 [466] 467 468 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1273392 times)

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Sejuani, that Permaslow Pig - 1.0.0.132
« Reply #6975 on: January 21, 2012, 07:32:27 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thats the point, gunblade boosts there damage nicly, thats why some recommend it. I tend to pickup lichbane near the endgame, since my team are normally 4 feeders and well, someone has to rip dat nexus down.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6976 on: January 21, 2012, 11:14:04 pm »

did they change the fact that voidlings cant be controlled? its in their description and they have never been controlled by me.
Yup, the only way to control them is with malefic visions.
Can someone give me a hand here, I think I just lodged my hand so far into my face that it's sticking out the back of my head.

To be fair, though, I've only ever played Malz once. I wouldn't really know these things.

Voidlings can't be controlled with alt-right click like tibbers can, but they aggro anything with malefic visions on it, which is Malz's DoT.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6977 on: January 22, 2012, 09:26:00 am »

I just caught the last 10 or so minutes of the M5 vs TSM game... jesus christ Moscow 5 have godly play. I've never watched LoL tournaments, but TSM crushed so much up until now and just got completely outplayed. M5 favourite team in the entire world, hope they win this tourney.

Also if someone wants to watch some of the previous games of the Intel Extreme Masters:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=UUXQexglLCaJyTImYLmSO9Ng&feature=plcp

They are uploaded here.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6978 on: January 22, 2012, 09:54:17 am »

Ok... anyone have any idea how to counter a team made out of 5 tanky DPS characters?

None of them is squishy enough for the team to quickly dispatch and all of them cause enough damage to make ignoring them everything but a good idea.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6979 on: January 22, 2012, 10:18:36 am »

Ok... anyone have any idea how to counter a team made out of 5 tanky DPS characters?

None of them is squishy enough for the team to quickly dispatch and all of them cause enough damage to make ignoring them everything but a good idea.

Madred's bloodrazor? A staple of tanky DPS is Triforce/Warmog's/Atma's. Probably a Shurelia's, eventually. Problem with this build is that it gives a lot of health, but no magic resist and only a minor amount of armor. Hell, if it's all tanky DPS, I would even suggest building it on your tanks. I mean, one costly item to counteract two costly items and one semi-costly item? It adds up.

Okay, so, today, I learned that Nasus is not the actual way to play tank. Farming successfully up top against Irelia is decent, yeah, but ganking other lanes is better. I learned to leave the lane. Playing Jarvan, I went 4/4/17 in a game with a leaver Nidalee (who later came back, but was horribly underfarmed and underleveled. Admittedly, she was pretty good about hitting her spears and she got a lot of assists)

I also learned that Aegis is HORRIBLY underrated. Jesus, so long as we caught one of their team out of position, we generally won the teamfights. Partly because Aegis+Jarvan auras and partly because Irelia just stuck around farming top like Nasus. She ended the game with 251 CS, more than anyone else, but we won the game.

Although, a lot of it was also due to Ryze and Kennen, who did awesome in the laning phase. Ryze had 5/1 K/D at the end of the laning phase and Kennen actually got 3/1 in a 1v2 lane.

God damn, why don't people build Aegis more often? Is it because of Triforce/Warmog's/Atma's meta?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 10:21:39 am by Knirisk »
Also often called Boowells.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6980 on: January 22, 2012, 10:48:12 am »

MOSCOW5  :o
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6981 on: January 22, 2012, 11:12:31 am »

MOSCOW5  :o

That Shyvana was amusing. I'm always afraid of counter-jungling because I don't know the timing of the jungler and I don't want to get obliterated by a stupid move.
Also often called Boowells.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6982 on: January 22, 2012, 11:18:46 am »

That wasn't counterjungling. Roaming top Shyvana, invading Skarner, hell, invading everything. TSM's side of the jungle may as well have had  "We welcome our Russian overlords!" signs instead of wards for all the good it did. This was a world war on the jungle.

I might start playing normal again, stuff like this is inspiring.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6984 on: January 22, 2012, 12:59:06 pm »

I wanted to see how TSM did against M5, because those two teams did amazingly. But... dang. M5 had CRUSHING defeats of each team even only around 10 minutes in. They were outlaning their opponents. They were outjungling their opponents. They had great teamwork. I was majorly impressed.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6985 on: January 22, 2012, 01:12:30 pm »

Yeah, I knew about M5 being Empire, but as I said, I haven't watched any professional (man this word makes me laugh a bit) LOL, so I didn't know what that meant :) I just know now that holly hell M5 had incredible teamwork. I want to watch their game against SK, but I can't seem to find it in youtube. maybe they'll upload it in the IEM channel I posted earlier.

Also I am nearing 3150 IP again, which means... YES! Stupid champions are going to be bought and whined about! Right now I'm kinda curious about Mordekaiser (for Dominion, mostly), but he was nerfed hard and the one time I tried him pre-nerf (when I was like level 15) I failed so damn hard... Ah, choices.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6986 on: January 22, 2012, 01:18:40 pm »

Yeah, I knew about M5 being Empire, but as I said, I haven't watched any professional (man this word makes me laugh a bit) LOL, so I didn't know what that meant :) I just know now that holly hell M5 had incredible teamwork. I want to watch their game against SK, but I can't seem to find it in youtube. maybe they'll upload it in the IEM channel I posted earlier.

Also I am nearing 3150 IP again, which means... YES! Stupid champions are going to be bought and whined about! Right now I'm kinda curious about Mordekaiser (for Dominion, mostly), but he was nerfed hard and the one time I tried him pre-nerf (when I was like level 15) I failed so damn hard... Ah, choices.

Morde works in certain situations just fine, he does massive AOE damage.

I bought Volibear recently and I find him to be very powerful but underplayed. Still working on kinks in laning with him though, I usually tend to overestimate his damage and passive. W is a finisher, it's like a mini Garen ult.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #6987 on: January 22, 2012, 02:46:30 pm »

I'm at around 5500 IP, and I'm thinking of either saving up for Viktor/Xerath, or buy Xin Zhao now. Which one should I buy? is Xin worth buying, if i don't want to build him like a tanky DPS but instead, as a "machinegun"? If Xin ain't worth it, I need to know whether to buy Viktor or Xerath first, as they both interest me. Which would suit my playstyle better?

As for mages, I mainly play:

Malzahar (A semi durable mage, Abyssal Scepter and Rylai mostly are enough. Farm and push early on, focus on killing later)

Veigar (Full-on AP. All focus on last hitting with Q early on, unless the enemy is too aggressive/easy to harass.)

Karthus (Focus mainly on last hitting, harass enemy and ult when needed. Farm all the time at late game, unless we are planning a push or something like that)

Fiddlesticks (Jungling, and ganking as often as I profitably can. Fiddle sucks at farming so I give very little focus on that, and instead focus on getting as much kills as possible)

And occasionally some other non-traditional mages such as:

Warwick (Hextech Gunblade, WotA, Spirit Visage, Rabadon, Lichbane) (Play very aggressive early on, keep harassing with Q, use R + Ignite + Q combo when enemy is near death)

Alistar (3 Doran's Rings for starters, then Abyssal Scepter, Rylai, Rabadon, Zhonyas) (Headbutt to zone and harass the enemy all day long. If the enemy slams into a wall, Pulverize and beat them up with passive + autoattacks. Level up Pulverize only once, max headbutt first and focus on the heal second.)

Singed (rush Catalyst, then Hextech revolver, then build 3 Rods of Ages) (Farm most of the time and if the enemy gets too close, fling them. I play extremely troll-like as Singed, focusing on pissing the enemy off as much as possible. Bait and make them follow me whenever possible, and heal trough Revolver.)

Nunu (Build similar to Singed) (Toss icebergs at the enemy, heal when needed. If the enemy is hugging tower at low hp, dive in when my minions arrive, use Ultimate, and then kill the enemy.)

Mordekaiser (rush Hextech Revolver and Haunting Guise + Sorc Boots, then get some tanky AP stuff like Rylai and Abyssal Scepter) (Focus on using Creeping Death on minions to farm up and keep my shield up. If my enemy is aggressive, I play passively and Q their face in if they come close. If they are more passive, farm, farm and farm.)

So which mage would suit me better, any suggestions? I doubt Xin is good as a glass cannon, but I don't like tanky DPS:es very much.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Wravburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6988 on: January 22, 2012, 02:55:35 pm »

Might be be the wrong person to answer, as I haven't played Malz/Karth/Fiddle (well once or twice), but I do play Veigar sometimes.

Xerath is incredibly amazing. It does take a certain approach though. You should hang back and poke. Hang back and poke and farm. You can outrange anything in this game(well except ashe/ez ults ofc.), and you will need to. You can farm/push/poke/kill from a distance. Plus, which is a big one for me, I really like his auto-attack.

And I hate Viktor.

On a side note: I just got Olaf. I've seen the discussions here and didn't feel he was anything for me, lacking a speed boost/gap closer. But dear lord, he is a beast.
League of Legends
EU-west: Wash

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6989 on: January 22, 2012, 02:55:49 pm »

Get Xerath.
Pages: 1 ... 464 465 [466] 467 468 ... 1067