Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 459 460 [461] 462 463 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1273492 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Sejuani, that Permaslow Pig - 1.0.0.132
« Reply #6900 on: January 17, 2012, 04:07:05 am »

Active: Jax gains ability power equal to 25/45/65 (+ 20% of his ability power) and attack damage equal to 25/45/65 (+ 20% of his bonus attack damage) for 6 seconds.

WHAT?! WHAT?! HOLY SHIT!

Right. That's going to hurt.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6901 on: January 17, 2012, 04:51:48 am »

Triforce and lichbane become new top items for jax.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6902 on: January 17, 2012, 04:56:51 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0s4L0y-CnVI

So victor wasen´t balls op, better make the new champ op~

She would be perfectly fine... if her artic charge would not have a far to low cooldown, it will make her impossible to gank/escape from/flash away.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6903 on: January 17, 2012, 05:22:11 am »

Best settle in for a long winter.

lavenders2

• Bay Watcher
  • The cheese stands alone...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6904 on: January 17, 2012, 06:30:21 am »

I still hate the community for this game so very much. And I am only level 21

I just don't want to play because everyone in this game is a sodding idiot. So I decide one game I would go for mid with Pantheon, only to have a Viktor criticize me over it saying things like "holy shit this fuckers going to feed in mid" and "wow you are not going mid because Panth sucks in mid." I have to admit that there were better choices, but if he is played correctly in mid, he can dominate very quickly. Grand Skyfall allows you to gank all lanes without jungling if you are in mid, which allows you to net early kills, giving you an advantage over the rest the players. At the start of the game I assure him that I am very good at what I do and we will win. He told me I was a idiot.

In the end, we dominated, and I carried the team after shutting down gangplank in the middle completely. Then the Viktor leaves without a word. Smart choice, he fed after all.

I am still yet to find some good members of the LoL community. So far I have found 1.
Economies of scale: Dathominion Co.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6905 on: January 17, 2012, 09:27:48 am »

Well, i made a bay12-group in my friends list, hoping to fill it with a few people. No skill needed, being able to right click already makes you superior to a pubby.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6906 on: January 17, 2012, 09:28:38 am »

I still hate the community for this game so very much. And I am only level 21

I just don't want to play because everyone in this game is a sodding idiot. So I decide one game I would go for mid with Pantheon, only to have a Viktor criticize me over it saying things like "holy shit this fuckers going to feed in mid" and "wow you are not going mid because Panth sucks in mid." I have to admit that there were better choices, but if he is played correctly in mid, he can dominate very quickly. Grand Skyfall allows you to gank all lanes without jungling if you are in mid, which allows you to net early kills, giving you an advantage over the rest the players. At the start of the game I assure him that I am very good at what I do and we will win. He told me I was a idiot.

In the end, we dominated, and I carried the team after shutting down gangplank in the middle completely. Then the Viktor leaves without a word. Smart choice, he fed after all.

I am still yet to find some good members of the LoL community. So far I have found 1.
Your problem is not playing with people you know.

Well, i made a bay12-group in my friends list, hoping to fill it with a few people. No skill needed, being able to right click already makes you superior to a pubby.
Fudge.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6907 on: January 17, 2012, 09:37:49 am »

I could've sworn they either put this in an older patch and removed it after, or maybe I just dreamed it, but:
Ionic Spark is now purchasable on Summoner's Rift and Twisted Treeline

This is nice. Attack speed and health all in one nice little proc per hit package. Say hi to Vayne...
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Viktor, the Machine Herald - 1.0.0.131
« Reply #6908 on: January 17, 2012, 09:56:43 am »

Amumu is okay in a lane though...

You put him mid and build him AP, he won't die and will do tonnes of damage. Tanks are naturally invulnerable to most mages so barely anything in mid is going to kill him. The only difference is that out of all the true tanks, only him and Malphite have the potential to do shittonnes of damage.

Where is my Rammus, and Maokai? Both of these guys are great tanks, and still deal a crapload of shitton amount of damage.

Rammus for instance, has probably more attack damage than your team's carry late game unless the carry is building straight out AD. All by stacking armor. Rammus can taunt the enemy for 3 seconds, reducing their armor as well, and then land 2 or 3 autoattacks which easily shave off ~500 damage in total from non-tank enemies. Add in the damage reflection from Defenseive Ball Curl and the obvious thornmail, add in the obvious Sunfire Cape and add in the obvious Tremors. He can easily assasinate a fleeing enemy who has 50% HP.

And Maokai? Please, get Rylai/RoA (or both), some CDR and mana from Frozen Heart and this guy just keeps on slamming out the enemies. Sup, an explosive pinecone lands on your face, then the tree flies on to you and roots you down, then he smacks you up, then he hits you with an autoattack and heals for 7% of his max hp, explodes his ult so you take even more damage, and if you keep trying to fight him? His passive charges again from your spells, he heals and refuses to die, deals even more damage, and so on. If you say Rammus and Maokai aren't true tanks that deal shitton of damage, I say that either you forgot to mention them, or you haven't played with these guys.
There's a diffference between nuking a squishy carry down and singlehandedly nuking an entire team down. :P

Malphite and Amumu can singlehandedly kill an entire team with just one combo if they complete their item builds. Unfortunately, Rammus and Maokai can't do this.

Malphite has 3 AoE abilities: His W autoattack splash, E AoE slam, and his ult. His Q is a single target spell.
Amumu has 3 AoE abilities: W deals AoE damage over time, E is a short cooldown-ish AoE nuke, and ult is a big AoE snare. Q is single target.

Rammus has 2 AoE abilities: Q deals dmg and knocks back enemies in an AoE, and R deals damage to nearby enemies over 8 seconds. E is a single target spell. W is a buff which returns damage to all attackers, + buffs Rammus' defense and attack. If Rammus is soloing vs enemy team, all of the enmies have reflected damage, so although it isn't an AoE spell, it has a multi target effect.

Maokai has 3 AoE abilities, + his passive charges faster if there are more people around him. Q casts a wave which deals damage to enemies, and enemies near Maok also take damage + knockback. E is a throwable AoE nuke which deals damage twice. R is an AoE which absorbs damage and then deals dmg upon canceling. W is a single target ability.

I really can't see how Maok or Rammus couldn't take out multiple targets. Rammus has insane damage output when his ult is activate, + enemies who attack keep losing health even faster. Maokai has more AoE than Malphite, really.  And more range than either Amumu or Malph.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6909 on: January 17, 2012, 10:12:24 am »

I could've sworn they either put this in an older patch and removed it after, or maybe I just dreamed it
They've been talking about adding Ionic Spark to SR for a little while. I think it's been on the public beta/test realm thing for a bit, too.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

zestorum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6910 on: January 17, 2012, 11:20:22 am »

Twitch's ulti + ironic spark = 500 damage to each of the enemy champions. That's 2500 magic damage.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6911 on: January 17, 2012, 11:24:58 am »

The flying FUCK?
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Viktor, the Machine Herald - 1.0.0.131
« Reply #6912 on: January 17, 2012, 12:20:07 pm »

I really can't see how Maok or Rammus couldn't take out multiple targets. Rammus has insane damage output when his ult is activate, + enemies who attack keep losing health even faster. Maokai has more AoE than Malphite, really.  And more range than either Amumu or Malph.
I didn't say they don't do damage. I said Malphite and Amumu "can singlehandedly kill an entire team with just one combo".

I don't think anyone would consider 8 seconds worth of damage in a game where you can die in 2 seconds to be a combo.

---

Edit: I still think that new Jax is the one people should be scared shitless about, not the new champion. I also found someone-smarter-than-me's analysis on the new Jax here: http://rog.clgaming.net/blogs/a-different-view/5212-analysis-the-jax-remake-part-1
I'll ctrl-v some of the more important points.

Passive
- No longer gain free health and therefore lose durability. Affects all stages of the game. The base health buffs do not compensate for this.
- Attack speed gains pale in comparison to the old ultimate's passive. Only 84% maximum gain compared to 140% at max stacks at level 18.

Leap Strike
- New Leap Strike has lowered cooldown and damage-wise has not changed significantly.

Empower
- The new Empower is geared for late game, the increased scaling and higher base damages later in the game show this.

Counterstrike
- New Counter Strike deals more damage and potentially much much more if you dodge a lot of attacks during the 100% dodge duration.
- I do see some creative baiting of drawing huge amounts of minion aggro, only to dodge them and jump back on enemy and deal huge stun damage. Looks like fun!

Ultimate
- It gives stats valued over 7000 GOLD
- This ultimate is the best steroid in this game. That's all that needs to be said. This ultimate would be strong even if they removed the bonus % scaling, but that % scaling makes this ultimate godlike. I am a Jax player/fan and I am drooling at the prospect of this ultimate. Hopefully the kit changes means that these high numbers are necessary. If not, Riot has gone incredibly wrong in their balancing.

This new Jax reminds me of reworked Gangplank, when Riot thought it'd be a genius idea to give GP permanent passive red buff.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6913 on: January 17, 2012, 03:49:49 pm »

So we are once again at this fateful point, the point of no return. The point of me having 3200 IP and wanting to get a champion. I'm wondering whether to get Xin'Zhao, Udyr, Pantheon or Olaf. I need a tanky dps, with the emphasis on DPS, for Dominion. I know Pantheon is exceptional for Dominion, but I've never tried Olaf and Udyr, so has anyone experience with them? Or should I for once just get something I'm familiar with and can play?
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #6914 on: January 17, 2012, 03:52:38 pm »

I don't know if it's different now but when I played Xin Zhao was firmly in the "Why bother" pool.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 459 460 [461] 462 463 ... 1067