Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 294 295 [296] 297 298 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1273028 times)

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Xerath, the Magus Ascendant - 1.0.0.126
« Reply #4425 on: October 04, 2011, 11:19:55 pm »

I saw the new skin splash art.

Caitlyn is a modern cop with a giant hat and some kind of ridiculous anti-materiel rifle.

Brand is Mr. Freeze.  I'm betting it's a legendary skin with new quotes.

Xerath skins are lame

New Irelia skin looks dumb, and almost looks like a crimson elite skin but who knows.

Also a new fucking Teemo skin in the works.  He's a superhero.

Teemo and Caitlyn, two patches in a row.  Urgot still has no new skins.  wtf riot
Why would you ever want an Urgot skin other than Crabgot? :P

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Riven - Season 1 Update - 1.0.0.125
« Reply #4426 on: October 05, 2011, 01:41:22 am »

Well, I have an interesting story for all of you.

I get into this ranked game, our team comp is Aniv, Shaco, Udyr, Zilean, and Singed, against Taric, Cait, Lee Sin, Fiddlesticks, and Kennen. Singed was our last pick who blindly locked in when we needed an AD carry and didn't say anything all game.

As we start, Anivia says, "If we win this, I'll give you all $5." Lo and behold, we win, me and Shaco destroyed bot, Singed AFK farmed top (dying every once and a while to Lee Sin) and Anivia destroyed mid. Combined with a solid jungle Udyr we managed to win, as their morale broke quickly as they saw that they were losing to such a stupid team comp.

At this point I'd like to say that I declined the offer of $5, but I'm only human. He asked if I had Paypal, to which I said no, and then he asked if he could just log into my account to purchase the RP. I have some faith in humanity, so I was like, "Sure, what the hell." If my account got hijacked I could always get it resolved. I deleted the stored credit card info and then gave him the login and password.

Five nailbiting minutes. Am I out a League of Legends account for a few weeks? I log back in, and there's another $5 worth of RP. He's also logged on, and I thank him generously, offering him any help he might need in the future.

tl;dr Good karma, spread it.
This is like watching Shaco stay in a bush and then saying "come on in".... Lol nice story.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4427 on: October 05, 2011, 06:10:48 am »

I didn't watch it, but apparently China beat the rest of the world in the Intel Extreme Masters. I have no idea about prize money or whatever, other than that it was a pretty big deal.

The results are:
1. China (WorldElite)
2. NA (CLG)
3. EU (SK)

Apparently the Chinese teams played hyper aggressively... something which I find very hard to believe considering how we Chinese do things...

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #4428 on: October 05, 2011, 06:11:34 am »

I didn't watch it, but apparently China beat the rest of the world in the Intel Extreme Masters. I have no idea about prize money or whatever, other than that it was a pretty big deal.

The results are:
1. China (WorldElite)
2. NA (CLG)
3. EU (SK)

Apparently the Chinese teams played hyper aggressively... something which I find very hard to believe considering how we Chinese do things...

One of the Chinese vs Chinese games almost had an ace at level one.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4429 on: October 05, 2011, 06:17:59 am »

Riven advice, bluh.

Adding on to it.
Even though Broken Wings is Riven's signature ability, it scales so terribly it is an one-point wonder. Herp. Still a useful ability for mobility, interrupts and charging your Runic Blade.
Riven basically only wants massive amounts of AD. Lifesteal, CDR and tankiness help, but massive amounts of AD are to be acquired first. In particular, it's probably better to use lots of mitigation rather than lots of HP because it synergizes better with Valor and lifesteal.
Three levels of Ki Shout probably is the best idea early on, but after that you could probably max out Valor too and have good odds, if $LANE_OPPONENT does phreaky tons of damage. With a bit of CDR it's like Udyr's turtlespam with a dash thrown in.
Jungle Riven works, although she's a little tricky. I assume that she's fairly easy with tshirt 5 soda though. She's certainly fast and ganks pretty well. Try out in practice first. ^^'

Also I predict massive amounts of Zero fanskins.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4430 on: October 05, 2011, 07:02:59 am »

Yeah, I really found it weird how important Broken Wings is to Riven's skillset but how you're really not supposed to level it at all. W just does waaaay too much damage.

I think any skill that can obliterate an entire creep wave with just that ONE skill is a sign that that champion will do "TONNES OF DAMAGE".

Edit: Xerath spotlight is out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v5MmuMJ2qU&feature=player_embedded

Like I told some others, I think any champion that has extreme range will be inherently powerful unless their damage is handicapped to compensate (see Lux). Thus, I think Xerath is going to rape people.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4431 on: October 05, 2011, 07:05:24 am »

Xerath Spotlight.

I just can not imagine a situation where he is not overpowered. The range on his artillery and the damage he seems to do is just waaay too big. Dude can sit in the bushes in Dominion and interrupt a point capture for fuck's sake.

I might be forced to buy him x]
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #4432 on: October 05, 2011, 08:39:32 am »

how easy is riven? i just had an riven team "mate" that got 2/18/5....
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #4433 on: October 05, 2011, 08:43:48 am »

how easy is riven? i just had an riven team "mate" that got 2/18/5....

Not very. Once you get into the swing of things, she's great fun to play... but figuring out how to build her, how to use her skills correctly, and the mentioned broken-wings-actually-kinda-sucks thing, means she takes a lot of getting used to.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4434 on: October 05, 2011, 11:02:01 am »

Xerath Spotlight.

I just can not imagine a situation where he is not overpowered. The range on his artillery and the damage he seems to do is just waaay too big. Dude can sit in the bushes in Dominion and interrupt a point capture for fuck's sake.

Lux can already do that :P

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #4435 on: October 05, 2011, 11:03:18 am »

Good god, we lost to a team who had 4 AD carries, 3 of which are pure AD...

They had Riven, Vayne, Talon, Caitlyn and Swain. We got owned by them, how..
Also, me, Blitz and Xerath had like 300 armor, and I had at least 2800 hp as well.

and GODDAMN IS THIS THE LEAGUE OF QUEUE DODGERS LIKE 8 DODGES IN A ROW
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 11:10:10 am by Bordellimies »
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #4436 on: October 05, 2011, 12:01:42 pm »

happens as people want to be the one to test the new char.  :P 3 times this day
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4437 on: October 05, 2011, 12:29:10 pm »

They really need to put in harsher punishment for q dodging. Maybe cumulative. The more you q dodge, the worse the punishment.

It's horrible when they wait until the last second to q dodge.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #4438 on: October 05, 2011, 12:31:36 pm »

Xerath Spotlight.

Lux can already do that :P

Not every 3 seconds she can't. It might feel like that some times, but it isn't.

They really need to put in harsher punishment for q dodging. Maybe cumulative. The more you q dodge, the worse the punishment.

You mean like they already do?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 12:34:13 pm by Akigagak »

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4439 on: October 05, 2011, 12:33:37 pm »

From LoL Reddit:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That is so useful.

I am playing jax again... should be interesting. He and Shaco were the first champs I bought.
Pages: 1 ... 294 295 [296] 297 298 ... 1067