Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1273005 times)

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Riven - Season 1 Update - 1.0.0.125
« Reply #4410 on: October 04, 2011, 12:32:54 am »

We break off and go back to last-hitting, Annie All-chats "Peace?.

This reminds me of some games, where i had this tacit understanding with the enemy. Once we were both farming pretty close to each other (melee champs) for several minutes, and only last hitting. And then my champ autoattacked the guy before i could prevent it, and the truce was over :/
Seeing people do this kind of makes me feel like a dick when I play Urgot and just non-stop harass :P

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4411 on: October 04, 2011, 07:02:18 am »

It makes me feel great.  This isn't League of Friends.  It's League of Fucking Murder that Guy.

Edit:  Riven is really cool.  She may be ripped straight from the animes, but she was made by the same guy who made Lee Sin and it shows.  Playing her is a lot of fun.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 08:18:05 am by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #4412 on: October 04, 2011, 09:42:10 am »

Riven is really cool.  She may be ripped straight from the animes a rule 63 version of The Kid from Bastion

Seriously, the only two things they could possibly do to make it more like him is if she rolled instead of dashed, and if instead of having a voice she was just narrated by Nasus.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4413 on: October 04, 2011, 10:30:57 am »

I now officially have ten losses in my match history.

Seriously, fuck everyone I play with that isn't on my friends list.
Shoes...

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4414 on: October 04, 2011, 11:02:48 am »

Hey... I'm on your Friends list! :D woo! I don't suck!

Time to build AD Chogath...

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #4415 on: October 04, 2011, 11:04:35 am »

Okay, if I can try Tanky-AP Shen with a Lich's Bane.

Taunt+Ki Strike for 700 damage woo.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Wravburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4416 on: October 04, 2011, 02:36:07 pm »

Had a horrible, horrible connection to pvp.net last night. Mid-game DC + multiple ginormous lag spikes, finished that game, rebooted, waited an hour, tried another one, same story. So I stopped after those two losses.

That said, Riven is now F2P. Let me see if i can faceroll myself to a win.
League of Legends
EU-west: Wash

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4418 on: October 04, 2011, 03:16:06 pm »

Yeah, there's a really good chart of health vs. armor/MR out there... I'll see if I could find it again.

Edit: Here we go. Link to the chart for armor only, assuming all damage is physical: http://imgur.com/a/39PXW. There are lists of health:armor/MR ratios to shoot for 70% physical damage or 70% magic damage
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
and for 50/50:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(source: http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/h2z4l/mathcraft_when_to_buy_armorwhen_to_buy_hp/)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 03:24:48 pm by Bluerobin »
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4419 on: October 04, 2011, 04:10:54 pm »

Redditors are actually pretty decent players, if you're ever stuck for a game, go join their chat box (usually reddit) and ask for a group.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4420 on: October 04, 2011, 05:00:52 pm »

Before you guys go and randomly try Riven out, heed my advice:
1. Don't take broken wings at level 1. It does shit damage and you'll never be able to autoattack 3 times (not to mention you'll probably take waaay more damage than you can deal.)
2. Take your stun first and max it first. Why? Cause it does insane amounts of damage. At level 5 you will instagib entire creep waves with just your stun, and it's on such a short cooldown.
3. Another reason to take your stun first is because it's far, far, FAAAR easier to autoattack > stun > autoattack at level 1 than broken wings. The enemy will feel it more.
4. Don't bother scaling broken wings at all. It does pathetic damage and the only reason you want it is to charge your autoattack and for the final knockup, none of which you get from leveling it.

I'm sure the rest you can figure out. But that's the important bit. It's imperative you follow this or you'll find her to be really crappy.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4421 on: October 04, 2011, 09:45:08 pm »

I feel sorta sad I have to compensate my lack of sleep today, I've got back to mantheon and i'm having alot of fun doing atmogs bloodthirster IE mantheon. Ever since he got buffed he got alot stronger and now can rape pretty hard in teamfights with heartseeker strike and pinpoint spearshots on dying carries, altough I still can't use the mandrop as anything more then a teleport to stop creep waves and get to enemy turrets.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4422 on: October 04, 2011, 10:07:33 pm »

Well, I have an interesting story for all of you.

I get into this ranked game, our team comp is Aniv, Shaco, Udyr, Zilean, and Singed, against Taric, Cait, Lee Sin, Fiddlesticks, and Kennen. Singed was our last pick who blindly locked in when we needed an AD carry and didn't say anything all game.

As we start, Anivia says, "If we win this, I'll give you all $5." Lo and behold, we win, me and Shaco destroyed bot, Singed AFK farmed top (dying every once and a while to Lee Sin) and Anivia destroyed mid. Combined with a solid jungle Udyr we managed to win, as their morale broke quickly as they saw that they were losing to such a stupid team comp.

At this point I'd like to say that I declined the offer of $5, but I'm only human. He asked if I had Paypal, to which I said no, and then he asked if he could just log into my account to purchase the RP. I have some faith in humanity, so I was like, "Sure, what the hell." If my account got hijacked I could always get it resolved. I deleted the stored credit card info and then gave him the login and password.

Five nailbiting minutes. Am I out a League of Legends account for a few weeks? I log back in, and there's another $5 worth of RP. He's also logged on, and I thank him generously, offering him any help he might need in the future.

tl;dr Good karma, spread it.

On another issue, this is a small patch because it's going to be used for several tournaments. Unless Xerath is blatantly broken not that much will be different from before, except some common bans are toned down a little bit.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 10:10:53 pm by Yodamaster »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Xerath, the Magus Ascendant - 1.0.0.126
« Reply #4423 on: October 04, 2011, 11:09:35 pm »

I saw the new skin splash art.

Caitlyn is a modern cop with a giant hat and some kind of ridiculous anti-materiel rifle.

Brand is Mr. Freeze.  I'm betting it's a legendary skin with new quotes.

Xerath skins are lame

New Irelia skin looks dumb, and almost looks like a crimson elite skin but who knows.

Also a new fucking Teemo skin in the works.  He's a superhero.

Teemo and Caitlyn, two patches in a row.  Urgot still has no new skins.  wtf riot
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 1067