Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1275811 times)

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Leona, the Radiant Dawn - 1.0.0.121
« Reply #1455 on: July 12, 2011, 06:23:20 am »

AP Sion will rape your face.

Seriously, Cryptic Gaze turns into a spell that both Initiates and ends you from half health.

It was insane
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Microcline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: July 12, 2011, 07:41:08 am »

Seriously, Cryptic Gaze turns into a spell that both Initiates and ends you from half health.

It was insane

Which is why banshee's veil removes half his damage and all of his cc.

At low elo, there's nothing he can't do.  All the enemies are squishy and don't build reactively and even if your team sucks you can push towers by yourself with e + r.  Unfortunately, there's nothing that Sion does that can't be done better by Annie.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: July 12, 2011, 07:58:08 am »

It was insane

Which is why banshee's veil removes half his damage and all of his cc.

At low elo, there's nothing he can't do.  All the enemies are squishy and don't build reactively and even if your team sucks you can push towers by yourself with e + r.  Unfortunately, there's nothing that Sion does that can't be done better by Annie.

Except tanking. :P

Also, dear Jesus, Cass hurts early game. If it wasn't for her only CC being her ult, she'd be crazy-unbeatable. So, get a Rylais, profit.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: July 12, 2011, 08:02:30 am »

Yup, she's like a snaky female magikey Urgot, you either keep moving and constantly dodging her harrass or you end up dead and poisoned.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #1459 on: July 12, 2011, 09:51:47 am »

Well, fuck.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Wravburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: July 12, 2011, 09:57:16 am »

Oh, Vayne is free as well. I didn't notice as I just bought her. Why does that always happen? As soon as I buy a champ: BAM NEXT WEEK FREE!

Anyone some advice on trying Soraka? I get the feeling it will all depend on the champion I play with, or will I be able to compensate for braindeads? (I wouldn't call myself 'good', but hell I look at my screen at least).
League of Legends
EU-west: Wash

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: July 12, 2011, 10:36:00 am »

Anyone some advice on trying Soraka? I get the feeling it will all depend on the champion I play with, or will I be able to compensate for braindeads? (I wouldn't call myself 'good', but hell I look at my screen at least).
Soraka is cool, usually i level infuse first, then the heal, and last starcall (with the ulti taking priority over the rest of course).

In lane, infuse is a great initiator/harass, since it silences and deals a noticeable chunk of damage, and you can use it to regain mana and give mana to your lane partner, so it's probably your most useful skill. Your heal gives some armor, so don't hesitate to use it early, but it can drain your mana quite fast if your partner isn't careful. I usually buy ionian boots, then the red gem that gives cd reduction +hp, and then i try to buy support items (auras and such).

In teamfights, keep your infuse ready to silence the main target or any dangerous casters, and keep your heal ready for your squishies, with your ulti as a panic button. During laning phase, your ult can also save some asses on other lanes, so keep an eye on that. I usually pack clairvoyance, very useful to prevent ganks and keep a good map awareness.

For the rest, i leave it to you, have fun :)

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: July 12, 2011, 10:56:18 am »

I'm finding this new Yorick to be pretty frustrating. I get punished hard for trying to out harass him, and if I don't out harass him he ends up zoning me. The only time I've done well against Yorick was when I was a Nidalee laning with a Caitlyn. Yorick's early game is crazy right now, he does so much damage, and with a slow on top of it I've seen a lot of first bloods coming from him.

I want to buy a new AP caster, I was thinking Orianna, Cassiopeia or Aniva. I'm glad Cass is on free week, I got to play one game as her and went 9/2, which wasn't bad considering how bad my team was.  My favourite caster to play is Lux, so I'm thinking I might like Orianna too. My least favourite that I own is Annie. I find Annie to be kinda boring, set up your stun, R-Q-W, repeat until game is over. Suggestions?

Oh, and can I get added to the NA list? My ingame name is Slapfish. Always up for a game!

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: July 12, 2011, 11:14:30 am »

Singed
damn squishy carry champ
May I respond with a "What?"

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: July 12, 2011, 11:37:30 am »

So, played Rene after a long time, got the role of the tank, the game was fairly close, but we pulled it off in the end, god damn this is why i love both Jarvan and Rene, freaking crazy people jumping in and tearing shit up :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: July 12, 2011, 11:49:53 am »

I'm finding this new Yorick to be pretty frustrating. I get punished hard for trying to out harass him, and if I don't out harass him he ends up zoning me. The only time I've done well against Yorick was when I was a Nidalee laning with a Caitlyn. Yorick's early game is crazy right now, he does so much damage, and with a slow on top of it I've seen a lot of first bloods coming from him.

I want to buy a new AP caster, I was thinking Orianna, Cassiopeia or Aniva. I'm glad Cass is on free week, I got to play one game as her and went 9/2, which wasn't bad considering how bad my team was.  My favourite caster to play is Lux, so I'm thinking I might like Orianna too. My least favourite that I own is Annie. I find Annie to be kinda boring, set up your stun, R-Q-W, repeat until game is over. Suggestions?

Oh, and can I get added to the NA list? My ingame name is Slapfish. Always up for a game!

Yorick is unquestionably OP right now. There is no phase of the game and no situation in which he doesn't excell. Look at my match history xD.

Also, adding you to the OP. I'm a bit of a recluse and never really play with the B12ers.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: July 12, 2011, 11:59:38 am »

Looking at the numbers...

Technically speaking, Cassiopeia does the second most damage of all the mages in the game. Only Malzahar can out DPS her. It's pretty cool.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: July 12, 2011, 12:02:27 pm »

I love using Swain to counter Malz.

"Hah, trying to get close to harass with Malefic Visions? SNARE -> DOT -> BIRD" *Juke his Q, walk away*. "Take that! Oh, he did get me with his E, huh? CAWCAWCAW all better. Ready to go again?"

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: July 12, 2011, 12:32:48 pm »

Soraka is awesome for helping out braindeads. You just have to hammer into them that "JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE A HEALER BESIDE YOU DOES NOT MEAN YOU ARE INVINCIBLE!" If you can get them to understand that, then you can own team fights late game and help decently early game. I would suggest more starcall early though. Really helps farming creeps and getting those levels up faster. 2 or 3 starcall along with some cooldown reduction gear will let you spam it and take down a whole wave of creeps in 5 or 6 seconds. Lots of gold and xp.

I wouldn't really suggest going heavy healing early on. Your best use is with the infuse to give you and your team mana and silence enemies and star call to lower magic resistance and farm creeps. Late game though, when you're team fighting, healing and your ult will be awesome. I never buy the ult too early, but it is a nice "snafu" button.

Just don't expect too many kills on your own, unless you can lead people to tower dive or just hit them with a lucky "infuse"

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: July 12, 2011, 12:33:26 pm »

Cthulhu, what items do you go for as Veigar?

I picked him up because he looked very cool, and spacey spells are always cool in my book, but I seem to have hardcore mana problems early on, and I have trouble catching up to do enough damage to actually kill people later.

I usually start with Meki Pendant and two health potions, level up QEW then prioritize RQEW.  Don't use E or W in lane phase unless you're sure you can get a kill.  You'll mana-starve if you overuse Dark Matter.

The first time I bluepill I try to get sorcerer shoes and as much of Deathfire Grasp as possible.  DG is awesome for Veigar and gives him an extra nuke that can help him take down low-AP champs without using his ultimate (Which adds 80% of the enemy's AP to damage)

After that, Rabadon's Deathcap and Catalyst the Protector.  Next is Void Staff (If they're stacking MR) or Banshee's Veil (For extra survivability).  If the game's still going, fuck the world, get a Lich Bane and start autoattacking for a billion damage.  Zhonya's hourglass is also good.  Instant transmission your way out of Requiem and Lux's Kamehameha wave like Goku or someshit.  If they're feeding and you're confident you won't die much maybe get fix Mejai's soulstealer somewhere in the early build, right before or after Deathfire Grasp.

Remember to last hit with Baleful Strike.  It's essential for doing well as Veigar.  Once it hits level 3 it becomes a great harassing tool.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 1067