Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1275789 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Leona, the Radiant Dawn - 1.0.0.121
« Reply #1440 on: July 11, 2011, 08:57:28 pm »

Amumu is probably hands down the best tank in the game right now. Mostly because he jungles, ganks, and tanks so well while inflicting some pretty severe damage. He's one of those "Press R to Win" champions. He's not too easy though as his skillshots take time to master.

Singed also awesome. Cause he's Singed. Singed is super freaking easy to play. Don't even need to click on the enemy. Just click around them and watch them die to poison.

---

I still think Gangplank is crazy OP by the way. Orbital bombardment Gangplank is best Gangplank.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: July 11, 2011, 09:00:18 pm »

So when does the next set of free champs go live?

Also, I seem to be some kind of (fuel-injected?) suicide machine.  People tower dive at me over and over, even when I'm not that badly hurt, especially when they don't have enough health to make it, especially when I'm playing a champ with slows or stuns.  Veigar especially gets them going, he's so fragile they think they can get him but getting caught with Event Horizon under the tower is game over.

It's ridiculous.  Some people do it three times before they learn.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 09:03:19 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: July 11, 2011, 09:02:53 pm »

Are you playing Teemo or Twitch?

Those characters have a hidden passive.
Global Taunt
- Whenever Teemo / Twitch appear on the map, all enemy champions immediately focus them regardless of how far away they are.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: July 11, 2011, 09:12:48 pm »

Nope.  I think it's because I usually play really conservatively, doing my best when they're almost at my tower.  I guess they think they're winning and go in for the kill or something.

That doesn't explain why it takes a lot of them two or three deaths to realize they're not going to be able to kill me like that.
Shoes...

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: July 11, 2011, 09:14:17 pm »

The best playstyle is conservative until you see an opening: Then rip it wide open. Another style to consider is consistently aggressive, trying to create an opportunity by taking advantage of their confidence.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: July 11, 2011, 10:10:03 pm »

I'm afraid people will call Yorick OP. I just beat this malz in mid, a genie skin malz, using using manamune yorick, Lol.

I got to admit, the early manamune yorick has a powerful earlygame advantage, since he can just spam his ghouls and gain extra mana and extra damage, and while his base damage is low, his new rates make him a powerful guy if he stacks himself some AD. I don't go beyond the manamune-impaler duo though, if I get any other damage item its usualy trinforce.
I just try to achieve as much synergy as I can using impaler and force of nature along with warmogs + manamune. This turns him into a tanky bastard with nice damage to back it up. He won't burst you down from zero to 1 as fast as a fed xin zhao or irelia could, but he'll bite chunks out of your healthbar much faster then you can actualy damage him.

I beat a silly fiddle 1v1 when he ulti'd on my head. Ulti and drain werent enough to take half of my constantly regenerating healthbar, so I just beat him to death with my shovel.

Also, his Q can indeed crit. I pulled a 700 damage crit with it last game.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: July 11, 2011, 10:28:04 pm »

Dude. Yorick is ridiculous right now. He probably is a little OP.

However, enjoy it while you can and play ranked. That's what I'm doing.

In the words of the GP I out-laned top:

"Even when I kill him Yorick wins"

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: July 11, 2011, 10:55:34 pm »

Dude. Yorick is ridiculous right now. He probably is a little OP.

However, enjoy it while you can and play ranked. That's what I'm doing.

In the words of the GP I out-laned top:

"Arr, even whens I deep six 'im, the scurvy Yorick wins, matey!"

Fixed.

Also, once the ladder season ends everyone who played at least ten games in season one (Not necessarily ranked, any mode) gets a free Kayle skin.

Whooo.  Free skin that won't be cool because everyone has it.

Also also, I just totally humiliated myself as Veigar.  For one, I ended the game with only six kills, and I normally get more like 16-20 kills as Veigar.  Making it worse, I went to gank bot, totally confident that the two AP champs below were about to get their shit wrecked.

I basically tripped over my own face.  Missed the event horizon, missed the dark matter, missed the fucking baleful strike and then just died.  I'm not even sure they hit me.  I just fell over.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 11:01:08 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: July 11, 2011, 11:07:01 pm »

I'm afraid that if they nerf yorick, mainly his E, even if just a bit, he'll become silly again. He's just not very well designed. He just has the lanewick and lanedyr thing going on.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: July 11, 2011, 11:28:25 pm »

I'm afraid that if they nerf yorick, mainly his E, even if just a bit, he'll become silly again. He's just not very well designed. He just has the lanewick and lanedyr thing going on.

He absolutely destroys lanes, it's not even just sustain. Amazing damage all around on every skill. The only thing I can think of they might do to reduce his sustainability is reduce the heal % on his E. Number nerfs would make me sad (even though they're neccesary  :P).

Check out my match history. 4 for 4 ranked, 3 with Yorick (with amazing K/D/A) and 1 with Grag (you can ignore that one).

He's a monsterrrrr.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: July 11, 2011, 11:34:58 pm »

I might be doing it wrong, but I only level W and E, blasting enemy squishies for ridiculous amounts of damage.

I can even count the number of times I've burst someone to 50 and they get away. It's annoying as all hell.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: July 11, 2011, 11:43:46 pm »

I just went 3/10 as Veigar.  It's too late to be playing this game, I'm starting to feed.
Shoes...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: July 12, 2011, 02:20:54 am »

Trilane mid again! This time, it's team knock-up.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: July 12, 2011, 04:02:50 am »

Cthulhu, what items do you go for as Veigar?

I picked him up because he looked very cool, and spacey spells are always cool in my book, but I seem to have hardcore mana problems early on, and I have trouble catching up to do enough damage to actually kill people later.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: July 12, 2011, 05:59:28 am »

Go into solo queue.
Our team: Singed, Corki, Tristana, Vayne, Morgana (Me).
Wait patiently for someone to switch from a damn squishy carry champ.
Mentally say "Screw you bitches" and lock in. Nobody does change champs.
Enemy team: Garen, Akali, Vayne, Renekton, Jax.
Garen immediately disconnects upon game start.
They send Akali mid and Vayne solos bottom.
Vayne refuses to leave her tower and come into the Morgana+Singed Lane. Gets next to no farm, is underleveled compared to us. Eventually goes b, never to return (afk)

My face through all of this:  ::) and/or :-\
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 1067