Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1275988 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

I just had my worst game ever.  I was Nasus, along with Akali, Alistar, Annie, and Malzahar, vs Master Yi, Veigar, Gangplank, Fiddlesticks, and Malphite.

Akali AFKed half the match, when she finally got back she was level 1 when the competent members of the team were pushing 15-16.  It's a good thing she got there too because she did exactly jack shit, wandering the map and autoattacking creeps.

Since Akali was off wanking or something, I was solo top against Malph and Gangplank.  They did a pretty good job of shutting me out, and things were looking rough for a while.  Once I got to level 4 or so I started turning the tables, got a lucky kill on Malphite, and he went bottom.  Gangplank then learned what it was like to be an ex-cop in federal prison.

Blah blah blah midgame, we took Baron and then tried to push.  By tried to push I mean me and Malzahar tried to push while Alistar's priorities appeared to be: talking a lot>creeps>champs>towers.  Several failed assaults on the enemy base later (Mainly due to numbers, Akali was here by now but may as well not have been, which put us at four.  Alistar was enthusiastic but not an asset in the fights, and that left us 3v5 and without a sufficient level/gear advantage to make it work) we found ourselves staring defeat in the face, despite totally almost winning.  In retrospect we shouldn't have taken Baron.  We were totally pushing mid and then once Baron was down everybody bluepilled and apparently forgot there were towers to kill.  Waste of time.

Alistar was strange.  Enthusiastic but dumb I guess would be the right thing to call him.  To give you a glimpse into his mindset, he thought sacrificing himself for Annie to get a kill on Yi and then die to Veigar was "Totally worth it."  When the rest of the team (Minus Akali, of course) was pushing mid he was in top lane autoattacking a creep wave.  I asked him what the fuck he was doing and he said something along the lines of "Yi is trying to take the inhibitor.  He'll never kill me."  Meanwhile Yi is across the map killing Akali.

Why was this my worst game ever?  It was an hour and fifteen fucking minutes long.  An hour and fifteen minutes of seeing the enemy Nexus just a single push away but never having the manpower to do it when the time was right.

If it had been a normal length it wouldn't have been a problem.  Despite starting late and apparently trying to play with the wrong side of the keyboard, Akali was level 18 when it ended.  I am so tired after that shit.  I need to go to bed.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 01:12:10 am by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

Another day, another troll game.

Trilane mid with Lumbajak & Co. SINGED. ALISTAR. BLITZCRANK.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

One of the most entertaining games I've ever played. Vayne can't push for crap, so every time we would just push mid to her tower then roam around being a death squad. In teamfights, enemies would never stop flying through the air. Sometimes they would change direction mid flying through the air. It was glorious.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile

You can't milk those.

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile

I'm sort of worried. I'm level 10 with absolutely no experience fighting other people.

Does matchmaking pair by level?

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile

Yes, roughly.

I played with level 30 friends pretty much straight out of the tutorial, so everyone I was against was a good 15-20 levels above me.

Training from hell.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

Yes, roughly.

I played with level 30 friends pretty much straight out of the tutorial, so everyone I was against was a good 15-20 levels above me.

Training from hell.
Same here.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile

Huzzah.

Whole bunch of minor nerfs (and an Ezreal buff). Gangplank's in particular is stupidly minor and would surprise me if anyone at all cared.

Also, they changed their mind about abilities not being able to target wards, but doing so lets enemies see them for a little while. And made it so teleporting to the ward reveals it for a couple of seconds.

EDIT:

One of Lenoa's abilities remind me a lot of Hiemer's grenade.

Solar Flare – After a brief delay, Leona calls down a beam of solar energy dealing damage and slowing enemies. Enemies in the center of the beam are stunned instead of slowed.

The only difference seems to be that there's no slow-moving projectile, so it's more a combo of Dark Matter and the grenade.

Oh, and it's yellow.

EDITEDIT:
And her passive is Lux's, but for other people.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 03:23:10 am by Akigagak »
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

Yeah, really minor nerfs. The one to Warwick is pretty substantial but we'll see.

I'm curious to see how Yorick plays now with these buffs. 20% damage reduction is pretty nice on someone with insane lifesteal like him.

Edit: If Leona can jungle, she'd probably be overpowered.

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile

Oh dear lord, Nasus' voice.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

"The cycle of life and death continues...

We will live...

They will die."

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Answers lie beneath the derp."

Not Nasus tho.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 05:47:21 am by LASD »

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm sort of worried. I'm level 10 with absolutely no experience fighting other people.

Does matchmaking pair by level?

You know, there's no point in being afraid of pvp, even if you end up being the worse player of your team it's no like something is at stake. You'll still get some IP/XP and more importantly, you'll improve your own skill for the next games.

My mindset when other players complain about me is : i'm doing my best so, whatever.

Also, lvl 10 is not much different from lvl 1.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 07:35:08 am by Sirian »

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

dont lvl up by plaing against the bots. bots are so stupid, youll adopt stupid strategies.
lol is pvp... imo, if you dont like pvp, there is little point to play it.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile

dont lvl up by plaing against the bots. bots are so stupid, youll adopt stupid strategies.
lol is pvp... imo, if you dont like pvp, there is little point to play it.
You can play it co-op vs bots as much as you like. You dont NEED to do PVP to have fun.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 1067