Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1275426 times)

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Vayne the Night Hunter
« Reply #165 on: May 19, 2011, 11:48:34 am »

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 19, 2011, 12:41:46 pm »

Keep in mind armour and MR have diminishing returns.

6 thornmails only gives you 80something reduction to physical attacks.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 19, 2011, 12:55:37 pm »

New rotation- None of the ones I most wanted to try, but a couple I'm going to give a shot.

Veiger is pretty neat- he can do some scary damage when he gets going, especially with his AP gaining skill.  I was crushing people left and right once I got a Deathcap on him.

Next to try is Heimer.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 19, 2011, 01:06:52 pm »

Keep in mind armour and MR have diminishing returns.

6 thornmails only gives you 80something reduction to physical attacks.
Do not make me explain it to you. Do not freaking....

Ah, screw it, Ill explain. There actually arent diminishing returns. There are two ways of looking at it, one is the % reduction, another is that for practical purposes each point of armor/MR gives you 1% of your health stat as actual health. If you have 100 armor and 1000 HP, then your reduction is 50% which means you can take 2000 damage, which is 100% more than base. If you have 200 armor/MR, you have 66% Reduction, which means a person would need 3000 damage to kill you, which is 200% more than base. And so on, its a percentage of health stat and totally flat, no diminishing returns.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 19, 2011, 01:26:11 pm »

Regarding tanks, a bit more then 200~250 resistances (MR and Armor)  and around 3k health is usualy the way to go, in general. When I go tanky dps with jarvan (if I go as far as finishing the build) I end up with over 220 armor and mr and nearly 3,5k health. As a full tank and champions that benefit from having resistances, you'll probably want more resistances even, giving priority to one type over another depending on the enemy team. You do need health, though, but you'll rarely go over 3,5k health, resistances are more important, overall, but health is more useful early in the game and you'll need it also, but that doesn't mean you should get a warmogs on every tank ever, like some people do.

I think the max hp you should go for as a tank is 4k hp, only mundo can go higher and not seem silly, and only cho'gath can hit that value without it (I think). Thats the extreme end of the spectrum though, 3,5k is probably the ideal value.

NINJA'D:

I find the use the term "diminishing returns" to be really unfortunate when describing armor and mr effects. There are diminishing returns regarding the percentage shown, but there aren't diminishing returns regarding the overall damage required to kill someone with X hp + X resistances. There's a huge argument going around the riot forums over it and both sides fail massively to explain themselves.

So yea, if you have 1000 hp + 100 armor, it increases your effective health by 100% against phisical damage, meaning it takes 2000 phisical damage to kill you. In this sense, there's no diminishing returns. But the % of reduction shown when you check it in game does show diminishing returns.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 01:28:13 pm by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #170 on: May 19, 2011, 01:40:12 pm »

Regarding most tanks, a bit more then 200~250 resistances (MR and Armor)  and around 3k health is usualy the way to go, in general.
Regarding Mundo, around 5k health and a bit more than 200 MR because of FoN, SV and MT is the way to go. Always.

Fixed.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 01:45:28 pm by Bordellimies »
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 19, 2011, 01:43:59 pm »

WELL THEN I SIT CORRECTED.

And I'm probably never being a squishy in a ranked game ever again.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 19, 2011, 02:21:24 pm »

How on earth do you get 200+ resists and 3000+ health on a tank? Can you give me a sepecific example?

Even with Mao, who is easy to farm with, I hardly ever complete my build. I even have MR and Armor runes and masteries and I think I top out at about 170.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 19, 2011, 02:49:59 pm »

Endgame stuff, like that hilarious video of mundo going where he wants.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #174 on: May 19, 2011, 03:01:41 pm »

How on earth do you get 200+ resists and 3000+ health on a tank? Can you give me a sepecific example?

Even with Mao, who is easy to farm with, I hardly ever complete my build. I even have MR and Armor runes and masteries and I think I top out at about 170.

1. get Warmogs. It gives +900 HP flat, and 450 when fully charged. HP problem, solved.
2. get FoN, Banshee's Veil or Abyssal Scepter. Nobody ever buys QSS so don't make an exception.
3. Thornmail + Guardian angel + Frozen Heart, all work well for armor

SunfireCape, RoA, Rylai's Scepter, Mallet, all give good HP and aren't just for tanks.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 03:59:39 pm by Bordellimies »
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 19, 2011, 03:18:30 pm »

1. get Atma. It gives +900 HP flat, and 450 when fully charged. HP problem, solved.
2. get FoN, Banshee's Veil or Abyssal Scepter. Nobody ever buys QSS so don't make an exception.

SunfireCape, RoA, Rylai's Scepter, Mallet, all give good HP and aren't just for tanks.
I assume you mean Warmogs not Atmas.
And y u no like QSS?

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 19, 2011, 03:29:13 pm »

Because, while it can cleanse some things cleanse itself can't, it takes an equipment slot that would be far better occupied by  by another item. Its usefulness compared to its price is pretty meh.

FoN and Banshee's should be enough for you to break the 200 mr mark if you have magic resist glyphs, depending on champion.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #177 on: May 19, 2011, 04:01:26 pm »

1. get Atma. It gives +900 HP flat, and 450 when fully charged. HP problem, solved.

I assume you mean Warmogs not Atmas.
And y u no like QSS?

Yes, meant Warmogs.

Also, what Dakk said is a good summary why QSS isn't too remarkable. Underestimated? Maybe. Useful? Not nearly in all games. Too situational. And I'd rather have Banshee's Veil with that item slot.

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 19, 2011, 04:25:09 pm »

so guys, best runes for morde?

i just finally set up my rune page almost for mordekaiser.

I went with armor resist, Magic resist, and magic penetration.

however ive seen a few morde builds for runes with cooldown reduction as much as possible.

Also, for quintessences, probably go with magic pen ones or something else.

thanks. (ive spent like 8000 IP on runes now, im raging).

Now I also have a Karthus build page and a Xin zhao page as well, trying to fill out the xin page for dodge/attackspeed/ something else.
Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #179 on: May 19, 2011, 05:04:49 pm »

so guys, best runes for morde?

i just finally set up my rune page almost for mordekaiser.

I went with armor resist, Magic resist, and magic penetration.

however ive seen a few morde builds for runes with cooldown reduction as much as possible.

Also, for quintessences, probably go with magic pen ones or something else.

thanks. (ive spent like 8000 IP on runes now, im raging).

Now I also have a Karthus build page and a Xin zhao page as well, trying to fill out the xin page for dodge/attackspeed/ something else.

I don't know the "best" runepage for him, it depends on your playstyle.

For mages I use MPen Marks & Quints, HP/Level Seals and CDR/level glyphs.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 1067