Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1275361 times)

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Vayne the Night Hunter
« Reply #150 on: May 16, 2011, 05:25:47 pm »

I'mma play one game vs bots for bonus. Now, It'll be a solomid Nocturne. After all these nerfs on him, will I get first blood the moment Ryze/Annie pops up? Bets, anyone?
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 16, 2011, 05:31:48 pm »

Depends if you abuse bot stupidity to make them walk through tower range, I guess.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #152 on: May 16, 2011, 06:02:12 pm »

Depends if you abuse bot stupidity to make them walk through tower range, I guess.

I jumped Ryze when I had lured him to the center of the map.
And yes, he gave first blood.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 16, 2011, 08:02:41 pm »

You know whats sadder then losing due to two intentional feeders? Winning because the enemy team had a leaver, and still taking forever to do it because your team is pants-on-head retarded.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 17, 2011, 02:31:54 pm »

I won a game with two griefers. It was a Singed Alistar combo. Talk about two good heroes to grief with. Every time we stunned someone ali knocked them to safety.

I have taken to playing Maokai. I have found the build that beef up his AP are unusable. His tree bomb doesn't scale great, has a long cool down, and is really the only thing that benefits from AP. I take banshee's veil right off the bat, merc treads, and then either thornmail (if they have a nasty AD) or force of nature if they are strong AP.

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 17, 2011, 04:27:35 pm »

question,

Dont almost all hero's have a small aspect of magic dmg?

because playing as morde the first few defense items to get i mean ill get armor if its an AD team, but ill probably get a magic defense as well eventually since i almost always see some magic dmg on my death report..
Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #156 on: May 17, 2011, 05:01:35 pm »

question,

because playing as morde the first few defense items to get i mean ill get armor if its an AD team, but ill probably get a magic defense as well eventually since i almost always see some magic dmg on my death report..

PRetty much everyone deals magic dmg, except Urgot. If you don't buy any items that deal magic dmg, your damage will be purely physical (or perhaps some true dmg from ignite)

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 17, 2011, 05:41:17 pm »

question,

Generally the way I do my build for tank characters is 100 Armor/Magic resist and 3000+ health. I decide what resist I get first based on what damage is done to me in the lane. That being said, if the enemy team is 4 attack damge and 1 mage, you should be fine leaning heavily on armor because even though everyone does a little magic damage, they are going to be doing way more physical.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 17, 2011, 05:42:51 pm »

question,

PRetty much everyone deals magic dmg, except Urgot. If you don't buy any items that deal magic dmg, your damage will be purely physical (or perhaps some true dmg from ignite)

Your statement is a bit contradictory, so, to be precise : most skills inflict magic damage, while autoattacks/minions/neutral monsters/turrets deal physical damage (as far as i know). This is the reason why i always favor magic resistance with squishy characters : most people will try to burst you down with their skills, and thus deal magic damage.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 17, 2011, 07:56:45 pm »

Generally the way I do my build for tank characters is 100 Armor/Magic resist and 3000+ health. I decide what resist I get first based on what damage is done to me in the lane. That being said, if the enemy team is 4 attack damge and 1 mage, you should be fine leaning heavily on armor because even though everyone does a little magic damage, they are going to be doing way more physical.

You should shoot for about 175 base armor/mres. It's the most cost-efficient amount for the defense it gives you. 100 simply isn't enough for a tank.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 18, 2011, 09:17:47 am »

When did rod of ages get update to have the same passive as catalyst the protector?
God damn is that really good.

Because damn man, I already build Roa in every game as Fiddle.

If I seem to squish too easy vs someone, I buy chainmail or negatron, or go for voidstaff/ap
Usually void staff if anyone has 70+mr (tanky fiddles responsibilty is frequently to kill the enemy tank.)

Tanky fiddle just stands right in the middle of the fight and drains all day.

If he gets silenced, he can run away.

Games run like this>
pop ult on people attacking turret, get 0-2 kills(1-3 if fed)

Initiate teamfight- drain/run away, be sure to spam dark wind first.
Solo run away from multiple people untill almost in turret range, then turn and drain.
Fail to squish to people like xin zhao, the bursty tanky bastard, and his nefarious friend.

Do get squished when initiating the teamfight, but take out three of the enemy team winning the fight.

... omg I'm doing tanky dps and I didn't even know it.

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 18, 2011, 12:49:28 pm »

i have recently seen honestly 0 good fiddles with their ult.

everyone see's fiddle ulting usually on my team or on enemy team and lol run and he wastes his ult.

i dont know why but apparently few fiddles think, hey let me hide in bush next to team so when i ult they dont see me coming!
Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 18, 2011, 12:51:48 pm »

Few things make me more proud than when I interupt a fiddle ulti.

How much health do you usually shoot for on tanks Yoda?

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 18, 2011, 03:24:54 pm »

i have recently seen honestly 0 good fiddles with their ult.

everyone see's fiddle ulting usually on my team or on enemy team and lol run and he wastes his ult.

i dont know why but apparently few fiddles think, hey let me hide in bush next to team so when i ult they dont see me coming!

It's not always easy to predict if the enemy will stick around.

Gotta get it off early to make sure allies don't die.

feeding vs getting fed, and all that
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 07:10:05 pm by eerr »

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 18, 2011, 03:42:05 pm »

Few things make me more proud than when I interupt a fiddle ulti.

How much health do you usually shoot for on tanks Yoda?

Around the 3k area is usually fine, health doesn't matter as much because your resistances basically multiply what every health point is worth, but anything lower than 2k is usually just a bit too squishy. If you notice your resistances are high and they're still doing way too much damage, get more resistances or health. What you need will vary from game to game. For example, when you get Randuins that's fine, but if you get thornmail because they're all auto-attackers you'll want some kind of HP to go along with that.

But don't take my word for anything on HP, it's a stat I usually ignore when tanking unless I'm ultra-squishy. Resistances + Minor damage is where it's at for tanking :).
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 1067