Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1272706 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Xerath, the Magus Ascendant - 1.0.0.126
« Reply #4635 on: October 13, 2011, 10:23:58 pm »

I'm pretty sure armor pen runes are way better then AD runes.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4636 on: October 13, 2011, 10:24:52 pm »

SO people are always talking about pure AD runepages.  I can never tell if you guys are trolling.  I've already got 9 AD yellows, would AD blues and reds really be good for a carry?
Shoes...

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #4637 on: October 13, 2011, 10:31:39 pm »

I'm pretty sure armor pen runes are way better then AD runes.

Late game, yes. But Garen's Q with that much AD at level 1? Does well above 170 damage. Someone walks into your bushes at level 1, eats a Q and a couple of auto attacks, has their laning ruined, and either goes back (losing XP and Farm) or sticks around giving you the chance to finish up the kill.

Udyr's Tiger? Nearly 300 total damage from the punch and DoT.

SO people are always talking about pure AD runepages.  I can never tell if you guys are trolling.  I've already got 9 AD yellows, would AD blues and reds really be good for a carry?

The answer is we are partially trolling. It lets people who excell at early game beatings (Garen, Renek, Udyr, etc) really fuck up a person's life.

And no, not really. Though AD Yellows+Blues +Armour Pen Reds could work. Unless you're Ashe, in which case lolol your first shot did 200 damage, and Volley did almost as much.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4638 on: October 13, 2011, 10:56:11 pm »

I'll just quote this guy: http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/guide/11826-a-very-detailed-ezreal-guide.xhtml
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4639 on: October 13, 2011, 11:54:07 pm »

I'll just quote this guy: http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/guide/11826-a-very-detailed-ezreal-guide.xhtml

Added to the fact that, with Armor penetration runes (even just reds) at early levels you're likely negating the entirety of an enemy's armor rating. So instead of doing 80% damage against that Annie who's harassing the hell out of you, you're doing 100%. Even better, if your armor penetration goes over the amount of armor the enemy has, this translates into extra damage. AD is okay, and only for gimmick builds, but armor penetration is where it's at in the current metagame for a reason.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 11:56:06 pm by Astral »
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4640 on: October 13, 2011, 11:55:31 pm »

Has anybody else noticed Noc doesn't work at all lately?

It started after that Dominion interface patch.  Before that patch I carried every game.  After that patch suddenly none of my skills would ever work, ranges were weird, sometimes my guy would just lose his target and stop moving, all kinds of bullshit.  Suddenly I can't gank anyone, can't get fed, end up being a subpar late game carry.
Shoes...

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #4641 on: October 14, 2011, 12:02:32 am »

Added to the fact that, with Armor penetration runes (even just reds) at early levels you're likely negating the entirety of an enemy's armor rating. So instead of doing 80% damage against that Annie who's harassing the hell out of you, you're doing 100%. Even better, if your armor penetration goes over the amount of armor the enemy has, this translates into extra damage. AD is okay, and only for gimmick builds, but armor penetration is where it's at in the current metagame for a reason.

I don't think so. That IIRC only applies to effects which lower their defenses, rather than just penetrate. So Stark's will let you do better-than-true, but having 50 arpen to their 30 armour won't do anything.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4642 on: October 14, 2011, 12:13:03 am »

By current metagame you mean... the metagame where every single high ELO player that plays ranged AD uses flat AD? Because that's what's happening right now.

Just look at all the recent tournament games. Kog Maw starting with 70 AD. Vayne with 80 AD. Everyone has flat AD. Look at all the recent ranged AD guides and you'll see each and every single one recommends having flat AD.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4643 on: October 14, 2011, 12:22:58 am »

Dam whoever said that armor pen runs are better (although they may have been when he said they were.)

AD runes are better in pretty much every way. Early and late game.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4644 on: October 14, 2011, 12:49:02 am »

Dam whoever said that armor pen runs are better (although they may have been when he said they were.)

Really strong early game, falls off lategame. Defense penetration scales way better into the late game then damage, if you have a nice bit of natural armor pen you can stack more damage and crits and worry less about it. Think of armor pen as a percentage multiplier on your damage vs enemy armor. 20% armor pen >>>>>>>>>>>>>> 20 extra damage anytime but early game.

Also, careful considering flat AD on vayne and kog maw, since they have other means of doing extra damage, and don't really need armor pen as much. Vayne does partial true damage, kog maw has a built in bloodrazor.

AD runes only really work well on champions with nice AD ratios on their abilities, such as garen during early game, talon, etc. You can also combine them with AP ones to activate akali's passive at level 1.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 12:51:02 am by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4645 on: October 14, 2011, 03:19:54 am »

Really strong early game, falls off lategame. Defense penetration scales way better into the late game then damage, if you have a nice bit of natural armor pen you can stack more damage and crits and worry less about it. Think of armor pen as a percentage multiplier on your damage vs enemy armor. 20% armor pen >>>>>>>>>>>>>> 20 extra damage anytime but early game.

Also, careful considering flat AD on vayne and kog maw, since they have other means of doing extra damage, and don't really need armor pen as much. Vayne does partial true damage, kog maw has a built in bloodrazor.

AD runes only really work well on champions with nice AD ratios on their abilities, such as garen during early game, talon, etc. You can also combine them with AP ones to activate akali's passive at level 1.

No it doesn't, armor pen gets worse late game.

You get 15 armor pen from runes, a champion starts out with ~ 15 armor. Your doing a good extra 13% damage.

Later, if they have 100 armor, your doing an extra 4% damage.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4646 on: October 14, 2011, 04:57:04 am »

Personally my AD runepage looks like this:

Scaling AD is ridiculous in endgame.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4647 on: October 14, 2011, 06:37:05 am »

Scaling AD is ridiculous in endgame.
Agreed, if i remember correctly, AD/lvl is better than flat AD as soon as you hit lvl 7, which is early enough for me. You may not dominate the very early game, but you'll snowball more easily. If you don't use arpen at all, you can maximize the effects of stark's and black cleaver (on squishy targets, arpen is not used if the armor is already reduced to 0 or below).

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4649 on: October 14, 2011, 10:35:03 am »

Jeesh, just got done playing a game with Soraka. Using new Starcall to farm creeps is like using a combine to harvest a small family plot.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 10:43:38 am by Smitehappy »
Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 1067