Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1272720 times)

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Xerath, the Magus Ascendant - 1.0.0.126
« Reply #4620 on: October 13, 2011, 07:12:05 am »

I just discovered that you can smartcast summoner spells.

I think I have every single possible ability on smartcast now.

1,2,3,4,5,6 smartcast
q, w, e, r smartcast
d, f smartcast

In the late game, my Swain goes like this into battle (see if you can guess):
e, 1, f, q, w, r

Helluvalot easier than:
e + m1, 1 + m1, f + m1, q + m1, w + m1, r

I think that's kinda why I did so shittily with this champion all those months ago. So many actions required to unleash the full combo.

Edit: I'm also pretty sure I can get AD Swain to work very well. His skills all have high base values and all allow him to kite forever. Since the 20% damage boost also works on crits, he hurts like hell. Surprisingly, AD Swain also farms better. The only problem is his range. It's not as low as Sivir, but not as high as Ashe. Puts him in a very vulnerable position. Still, I think AD Swain will work very well against assassins and anti-carries.

Not to mention 90 AD and 8% damage boost hurts a lot at level 1.

Hybrid Swain, perhaps? It gives you an excuse to stack Gunblades and become even more annoyingly hard to kill.
God bless the item smartcast patch. That was awesome. Also, I dunno, why you go into ult mode so late? It's Torment, DFG, Ignite, Laserbird, Nevermove then giant raven mode. Y u no activate cawcawcaw earlier?

Also Bordellimies I am fucking envious.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4621 on: October 13, 2011, 12:15:52 pm »

Riot's design director on how to make good creative development

Too bad nothing he says seems to affect riot's development proccess
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4622 on: October 13, 2011, 03:37:13 pm »

Errol: It's mostly because I'm not in range yet at that point.

That whole combo takes place in less than a half-second so it doesn't make a difference anyway.

EDit: Still practicing Swain. Can't handle Ryze (though that might have something to do with me having full AD runes and masteries without ignite). Easily handled Singed.

The main problem I think for me is that Swain starts with like 470hp and has no regen at all, so his early early game is really crappy. Anyone have any tips to circumvent this? I think I have to get a Doran's Shield or something like that. With my full defense page and Doran's, I should have 700hp at level 1 instead, which should make a huge difference.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4623 on: October 13, 2011, 06:10:19 pm »

Errol: It's mostly because I'm not in range yet at that point.

That whole combo takes place in less than a half-second so it doesn't make a difference anyway.

EDit: Still practicing Swain. Can't handle Ryze (though that might have something to do with me having full AD runes and masteries without ignite). Easily handled Singed.

The main problem I think for me is that Swain starts with like 470hp and has no regen at all, so his early early game is really crappy. Anyone have any tips to circumvent this? I think I have to get a Doran's Shield or something like that. With my full defense page and Doran's, I should have 700hp at level 1 instead, which should make a huge difference.

Hang back and farm, you need your full combo to be able to do anything to him, really. It's not a great matchup.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4624 on: October 13, 2011, 06:25:44 pm »

Magic resist runes?

If ap is problematic.

I know kassadin needs armour.

Ranwick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4625 on: October 13, 2011, 08:08:53 pm »

I don't play much so I have very little IP. Right now my only complete rune page is magic pen and mana regen. So uhh.. while it helps with mana starvation on certain champions, on other champions it's literally useless. I feel very discouraged about trying out AD champions because I know that everyone else has runes, and my own runes aren't helping much.

So my question is: what would be a good, well-rounded jungling rune page that would work well with most jungle-able champions? I know that different junglers make better use out of different runes, but I can't afford variations. Can somebody describe a good page for this purpose? I've almost saved up enough over the months for another rune page.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #4626 on: October 13, 2011, 08:18:53 pm »

I don't play much so I have very little IP. Right now my only complete rune page is magic pen and mana regen. So uhh.. while it helps with mana starvation on certain champions, on other champions it's literally useless. I feel very discouraged about trying out AD champions because I know that everyone else has runes, and my own runes aren't helping much.

So my question is: what would be a good, well-rounded jungling rune page that would work well with most jungle-able champions? I know that different junglers make better use out of different runes, but I can't afford variations. Can somebody describe a good page for this purpose? I've almost saved up enough over the months for another rune page.

9x Flat Armour Yellows.
9x Flat Armour Penetration Reds
9x Whatever the Fuck Blues. Probably Magic Resist.
Quints of Whatever The Fuck. Depends on who, but you can't really go wrong with Flat Health or Armour for a jungler.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4627 on: October 13, 2011, 08:22:20 pm »

For Nocturne I do arpen reds, armor yellows, attackspeed blues, arpen quints.
Shoes...

Ranwick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4628 on: October 13, 2011, 08:23:18 pm »

Thanks for the help guys. Wraith camp, here I come.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4629 on: October 13, 2011, 08:43:04 pm »

I think it's better to take mana regen / lvl blues. You won't generally have blue buff as a jungler (since you usually give it to a caster) and the mana regen helps a lot. Here's my general jungle runepage which I've used for months. I know 2 other Bay12ers use my page to great effect, so it's proven effective.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This page works for almost every single AD melee champion in the game. Whether it's Warwick or Trundle or Gangplank or Nasus or whatever, it'll give you a great advantage.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4630 on: October 13, 2011, 09:00:36 pm »

Armor penetration quints are good for a jungle, but so far I've got only 3 little movespeed quints to my name. The best part is that, while not optimal on every champion, they do work, as any champion can do with a bit of extra movespeed, whoever it is.

Otherwise... experiment. Find out what works for you. That's the best part about the game; while you can follow a guide or in someone else's footsteps, you're not always learning as much as you could by figuring out things on your own.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4631 on: October 13, 2011, 09:19:19 pm »

Once you get AD runes, you can never go back to without. :P

I can't farm for shit if I don't have my starting 90 AD.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #4632 on: October 13, 2011, 09:31:17 pm »

Spoiler: Related (click to show/hide)
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4633 on: October 13, 2011, 10:21:06 pm »

You're missing AD Quints.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #4634 on: October 13, 2011, 10:22:59 pm »

You're missing AD Quints.

I have 2/3, but I just love my movement quints too much. It makes Morgana something other than slow as shit.
Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 1067