Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1041 1042 [1043] 1044 1045 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1269708 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends - Patch 5.1 - Open the Gates
« Reply #15630 on: April 25, 2016, 10:41:44 pm »

That's not toxic, just stupid. A laner who doesn't understand why the jungler is helping them shove the wave into the enemy tower is going to be stuck in low ELO forever. People like that flame at the drop of a hat because they keep losing and don't understand why, so they're already salted and looking for someone to blame.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

squidgen

• Bay Watcher
  • [INKING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15631 on: May 02, 2016, 12:53:35 pm »

I just read the lore for the upcoming champion Toph Taliyah, and it's actually pretty good. And apparently everyone in Runeterra thinks Azir is evil now?

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #15632 on: May 02, 2016, 01:30:44 pm »

I don't think anyone thought he was good. He's basically birdzombie Alexander the Great.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15633 on: May 02, 2016, 01:33:31 pm »

I decided to go full satan mode yesterday by playing teemo. Mind you, I haven't played teemo in YEARS. Did pretty well in both games, one as support (support teemo is pretty damn evil) and other as... A hybrid adc thing. I was going top but our Irelia didn't see me calling the lane, but nobody actualy picked an adc, so I ended up filling the role with velkoz, and did pretty well too. Rank S both games by just being a huge dick.

I'm kinda torn between playing axe on dota2 or playing more teemo games.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 01:35:16 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #15634 on: May 09, 2016, 05:04:13 pm »

So Lyte left Riot. Hard to tell if it's as a scapegoat, if he legitimately left on his own terms, or if there's something else that hasn't come out yet to cause it. http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1soloo3

Andmore

• Bay Watcher
  • Former lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #15635 on: May 09, 2016, 05:07:54 pm »

So Lyte left Riot. Hard to tell if it's as a scapegoat, if he legitimately left on his own terms, or if there's something else that hasn't come out yet to cause it. http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1soloo3
Not wanting to be a dunce, but who was he/what did he do?

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #15636 on: May 09, 2016, 05:19:22 pm »

Lyte was the guy in charge of all of the player behavior & justice team things. He was basically the public face on all of the major framework changes. I think half of the posts in this thread by Putnam in this thread at this point are links to whatever Lyte's most recent declaration was.

Pretty much anything that has to do with "toxicity" or whatever about player experience, Lyte was the person who announced it or the name slapped on as the person in charge of it. He's gotten a lot of flak the past year or so for a lot of "his" decisions. The most recent to my knowledge was Dynamic Queue and all the bullshit about "oh players love it it's great we make the best queues I always get people saying to me 'Lyte, you make great queues'" and whatnot.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15637 on: May 24, 2016, 09:52:40 pm »

If you're drafting mid, pick Swain or Annie and laugh when your short range isn't a hindrance and murder his ass, or play someone who doesn't give a fuck about his windwall like Zyra or Viktor.

If you're going top, play someone who can either out damage him like Riven or Gangplank, or someone who can just give 0 fucks about his bullshit, like Rammus or Poppy.

If you're in lane and you're not a counterpick, harass his ass constantly. Stay out of the minion wave and just right click on him. Especially before 6, there's not really a ton he can do to you if he can't get to you. His health bar will go down and he'll have to back.

If you're lategame, dodge the tornado, cc his ass, and watch him pop like a grape. If you're squishy, stay back until someone stuns him then kill him. If you're tanky, cc him and hope your dps teammates aren't retarded.
So I'd just like to say that this advice has been invaluable the few times I've had to face Yasuo mid. If he can catch me he's always angry and capable, but when I'm careful it's like throwing snowballs at a small child.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15638 on: June 10, 2016, 06:15:53 pm »

Its funny how I got the hang of nuking zed players when they ult me every single time as SUPPORT VEIGAR. Let them ult you, place the stun aoe in place before he arrives, discharge every spell on it saving R for last. Works every single time unless I mess up. There isn't even actual timing involved.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 06:18:10 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #15639 on: June 10, 2016, 10:34:15 pm »

Yeah she's really not great. Her Q is a mini Lucian ult with weird timings and an awkward resource management minigame. Her W is a small aoe with a large delay and her only hard CC. Her E is a slow aoe with awkward damage and a huge delay before it even actually does anything. Her R has a huge CD and she can't use it to escape like she should be able to.

Everything about her kit is just awkward as shit, and all she gets to show for it is high damage on her Q.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15640 on: June 11, 2016, 06:25:08 pm »

I kinda feel like they were more worried about making her feel "fair" on enemy players rather then making her actualy, you know, cool to play as. Granted, she has lots of cool abilities (specially her ult), but she really feels awkward to use as you have to keep track of multiple zones (Where is my target at? What direction is he moving towards? Am I allowed to use my Q here? Where is the enemy team at? Am I close to a wall? Is it ok to use my ult here or will it mess my team up?) due to the fact all of her abilities have significant delays.

I'm not sure how she's even supposed to win against, say, a leblanc and pretty much any mage with faster abilities. Annie can prob burst her down completely before she even finishes using her full combo, and unless she hits every single Q skillshot, her damage isn't even that great.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 06:27:30 pm by TempAcc »

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #15641 on: June 11, 2016, 06:43:49 pm »

The deal is her damage is ridiculous. Her Q does something like 250 damage at level 1. The problem is all of her damage is gated by ridiculous usability on pretty much everything. Her Q is hard to aim to land most of it, and uses a strange resource that really gimps someone with low mobility. Her W and E should combo well to nuke enemies hard, but instead the delays on everything make them unusable.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15642 on: June 12, 2016, 06:17:08 am »

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I'm going to go try some Dota 2 and Overwatch.

I made the unfortunate mistake of getting online on LoL today because my girlfriend and friends wanted to play some. Diana jungle, 30+ kills, 8 Deaths, S+ Rating, Lost.

With thirty kills, I should be able to take over the game, no? But alas, tank item efficiency, and heavy reliance on Rito's glorified "team communication." I don't expect to be able to 1v5, but you've got to be kidding me if I'm 15 kills above the next person and having trouble closing out the game.

This 'can't close out the game' Is related to Riots goals for the game.

They are building shorter games, and are nerfing EVERYTHING accordingly.

I say that leaves snowballers in the dust!

The entire face of league is changing, and I'm not inclined to play the new meta.

Turnabouts and snowballers are nerfed so hard. Akali may never recover.

Team gameplay is gone from soloque! I don't do ranked, and I have to say soloque at my 'elo' sucks. I used to bust nuts with awesome 5v5 and such.
But I guess I have to go to ranked if I want that, and I just don't like the toxicity.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 07:50:39 am by eerr »

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15643 on: June 12, 2016, 10:49:55 am »

Riot got scared because a lot of audience on professional games was lost because... Games in general are very uneventful. LoL pro matches seem to follow the same pattern every time. Teams trade tier 1 top tower for a tier 1 bot tower, almost nothing happens until there's an objective being contested, first blood is almost always a result of a level 1 fight, and often times teams have problems closing games unless they have an actual super carry thing on their team, because otherwise the game turns into a long string of uneventful things that are as exciting to watch as amateur chess.

So riot decides to combat this by artificially shortening the lenght of the game, which in turn kinda throws snowball heroes out of the window unless they get a large early game advantage.

I know comparing the games isn't exactly fair, but its pretty damn hard to watch a dota 2 match and see the same things happening every time, even when one hero or item happens to be really powerful in the current match (like enchantress atm).

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #15644 on: June 15, 2016, 12:45:58 pm »

So New Vlad is about as great as New Coke.

Thanks Riot for breaking my favorite skirmisher.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 1041 1042 [1043] 1044 1045 ... 1067