Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19

Author Topic: SPQR-Seven Hills and Families of Rome  (Read 16390 times)

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPQR-Seven Hills and Families of Rome
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2011, 08:26:21 pm »

Hum. The senate should be equals I think.

Who wants to pool our money together to buy the seat in a trust?

OOC: I know, historically, Rome conquered Alba Longa politically-they showed up with an army, and had a 3 man on 3 man duel to avoid a war both sides would lose.

Do we want to try the same thing?  Knowing that dice could roll the other way this time :P

Yeah, that is sort of what I was talking about. And at any rate, even if we become a client state... Well we are still better off and we can work to merge the countries.

I See the head senator as a singular position, that being said perhaps if all the senators were to vote on the appointment it might lead to some nice wheeling and dealing by us players. "I'll support you for head senator this term if you <insert favour here> And then have the head Senator position be voted on every x turns.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2011, 08:30:21 pm »

I was thinking we should just marginalize it.

What powers does it give?

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2011, 08:33:56 pm »

I was thinking we should just marginalize it.

What powers does it give?

Hmm, well aside from prestige (and possibly favour?)

Probably getting to decide which issues are tabled and voted on?

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2011, 08:37:03 pm »

Turn 2
Torir Family: Smithy now 23T.  Decoys fail and are slain as bandits, but your role is undetected. (Dice roles.)  +2T Arrow synergy.  Total 25T
Aequus: Fletcher 5T +2T Arrow Synergy total 7T  And +3T to logging camp for wood sales to Torir.
Knavii Family:  Grain Field now 15T
Aragii Family: Pottery now 17T
Decia Equus:  Founds Hippodrome site  0T.  This is a dirt track with a few slow horses and not even a chariot.  However it is a success given the ease of purchasing land at this stage of the city’s growth.  It will cost a ton to finish but would have taken far far more Tibers to start later on.
Augustine Family: Bronze Smelter 8T +2T due to copper mines for total of 10T
NOTE: IF YOU WERE SKIPPED.  You still get turn income you just didn’t act that turn.  It’s not a big deal. There will probably be a lot of this to come.
Imperial Movement
Numitor is still not moved to attack the Etruscans.  He does take advice about building up the army and raises the forces to 3 legions, 500 Auxiliary archers, and 500 Auxiliary horse.  (Note when I use auxiliary it means they are not incorporated into standard legion units.)  Torir + Aequus gain 5T for archer equipment.  Equus gains 1 imperial favor for starting a place of public entertainment. 
Numitor likes the idea of these javelins for horsemen and wishes to learn more.
House Augustine is running for generalship.  Emperor wishes to command 2 legions so the 3rd and the auxiliaries are up for grabs.  Anyone want to contribute some cash/favor to get themselves a generalship? (Yes Graft me Baby oh yeah)  Generalship lasts until you get removed from duty by the emperor or retire.

You can also try to graft your way into the head of the Senate and get the authority to call for votes on whatever you want.  These votes matter slightly more to the emperor than those held by anyone else.  It lasts 5 turns.
Empire Events
Demand for Fish increases fishing industries by 5T.
Greek Religion Adapted to Romans!!!  (You may now attempt to found religious cults!)  This is a very expensive (hundreds of Tibers) and risky undertaking.  Furthermore it will usually fail.  However it profits you as a business and may provide special resources!  Note. The actual list of cults that can be founded is secret and will periodically add or lose possible deities from antiquity.  The basic Roman gods are the easiest to get and most likely to get popular.  Exotic foreign deities are less profitable but more likely to give you a special resource. 
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2011, 08:43:41 pm »

If anyone would like support for Generalship or Head Senator position, I am willing to lend my voice.

Also, would anyone like to fund a joint venture into ship building or creating a fishing wharf?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 10, 2011, 08:44:40 pm »

I will help fund a joint venture for ship building.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 10, 2011, 08:46:14 pm »

I too, could spare some tibers for such a venture. But lets go with a fishing wharf. We must look to conquer the nearby lands rather than go across the seas, hence we will need wealth and food.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 10, 2011, 08:48:35 pm »

------------
Name: Decia Equus
Tibers: 10
Resources:  10 low quality horses
Favor: 1
Businesses:   Horse Ranch 10T + 5 Poor quality horses
Positions: None
Senators: 1
------------

Actions:
-Business
--10 Tibers are used to improve the ranch.

-Senators
--Quintus Decia Equus reminds the empior that we are the biggest horse producer in Rome and have the most experience with horses. He asks that the Aulus Decia Equus be named the leader of the 500 Auxiliary horse. (One favor.)

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 10, 2011, 08:57:42 pm »

I too, could spare some tibers for such a venture. But lets go with a fishing wharf. We must look to conquer the nearby lands rather than go across the seas, hence we will need wealth and food.

Okay 1 vote for Shipyard and 1 vote for fishing wharf

Either of you against the other project?
Also how much T would you be willing to invest?

(Not sure how joint ventures would be handled in game or if they are possible.)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 10, 2011, 09:00:55 pm »

Name: The Tullius Family
Resources: 40 Tibers (10 left after T1, 15x2 profit)
Businesses: Limestone Quarry (+10T), Olive Plantation (+5T)
Positions: N/A

Business ActionI will invest 25T into a lumber camp.  We'll need wood for our "wooden wall" naval force.  Crap.  Missed that evilcherry already built one.  Check that, then- I'll put 25T toward a naval venture.  Why don't we do it three ways?  You two start a shipyard and a wharf, and I'll start a merchant company?

Ok, yes, Spend 25T toward creation of a merchant company.

Senatorial Action:
"Emperor, let it be known that I support action against the vile Etruscans.  However, we cannot forget the need to keep Rome herself defended from other barbarian threats.

I propose the construction of a defensive wall to protect the city.  There is plenty of stone around- it will only take the effort of many strong backs to complete.  I can contribute 15 Tibers of my family wealth toward your coffers to assist with the initiation of this project..."

In other words, try to get him to use my quarry to build a wall- a combination defensive and civic project that will personally profit me, with a little bribe thrown in for good measure.

Can we post multiple turns if we don't think we'll be on soon enough for the next one?  That missed turn caught me by surprise.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 09:36:28 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 10, 2011, 09:07:39 pm »

Okay 1 vote for Shipyard and 1 vote for fishing wharf

Either of you against the other project?
Also how much T would you be willing to invest?

(Not sure how joint ventures would be handled in game or if they are possible.)

Joint ventures are going to be handled as Civic Works.  As such they are likely to profit favor in large amounts depending on what they are.  You may also get some Tibers in a oneshot payment.  Civic works can used by all.  For example a fishing wharf will let anyone build fishing boats as ventures.  Note that some personal properties may be bought and nationalized if the Emperor sees a need.  And in turn some civic works may be sold to private hands for the same reason.

As far as posting multiple turns, don't, it's ok if you get skipped, you still get paid and can then invest a bigger lump the next turn.  Also the way this is going it'll be way hard to anticipate what is to come and plan for it.
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 10, 2011, 09:10:50 pm »

Spend 25T on a small shipyard for fishing boats.

Senator action: Support the Knavii family's bid for head senator.

----------

Name: Torir Family
Resources:
  Tibers: (25 from income - 25 spent) = 0
  Imperial Favor: 1
Businesses:
  Bronze Spear/Arrow Head Smithy: + 25T
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 09:22:37 pm by Nirur Torir »

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 10, 2011, 09:11:24 pm »

Name: The Aragii
Resources:  17 Tibers
Businesses:  Potters Guild (+17T/Turn)

Business Action:
10 T to acquire prime land, to site clay pits in order to secure the resources for additional expansion of my pottery industry.
2 T will be saved.

Senatorial Action: Donate 5T of prime pottery to the Emperor, to decorate his home. Whilst informing him that finer pottery can and will be had, after the conquest of the Etruscans.
((Feeble bribe? Sure. But well..Gotta be done.))
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 10, 2011, 09:20:46 pm »

Name: Knavii Family
Resources: 20T (20T from business)
Businesses:
-Grain Field 15t
-Vineyard 5t
Imperial Favour: 0

---------------------------------------------------

Invest 20t into a Fishing Wharf for the people. Romans shall feast on the bounty of the Sea!

---------------------------------------------------

Senator Aurius Knavii continues to campaign for Imperial subsidies on Food production.

I would ask that my brothers in the Senate also support me in my bid to become Head Senator. I shall not forget my friends and I promise to that I shall do my best to ensure the Emperor hears all your problems.

(I know, no bribes, can't afford it, but thought I'd go the old fashion route and see if I can get enough popular support)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 10, 2011, 09:23:13 pm »

Eh, alright, you have my support. Not much else I can do without bribes.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19