Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What would you most like to see next from LFR?

More tech tree!
- 36 (26.1%)
More ritual tree!
- 8 (5.8%)
More lore!
- 12 (8.7%)
More mythical weapons/armor!
- 22 (15.9%)
Plagues!
- 28 (20.3%)
More secrets!
- 21 (15.2%)
More mechanical constructs!
- 11 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 137

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 240

Author Topic: *=*=* Legends of Forlorn Realms (LFR 2012) v0.21a *=*=* [DF 0.34.11]  (Read 397229 times)

Alem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: *=*=*=* Legends of Forlorn Realms - an expansion mod *=*=*=* v0.12c
« Reply #165 on: June 08, 2011, 02:47:55 pm »

Just out of curiosity, is it intentional that bog trolls and void walkers are sending thieves as of 12c? Not that there is anything wrong with it, just recalled they weren't doing that before (and the voidwalker thieves come totally unarmed).

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 08, 2011, 02:57:35 pm »

Yeah, that's a known thing. It's because the nephilim fly ahead of their pack animals or something.
Ah, alright. I'll rationalize it as a Nephilim military squad stopping in at an ally's base while on patrol, then. This makes even more sense in the story-I write in my head as I play, because my fort would have been wiped out by a goblin ambush a moment ago had the nephilim not been visiting.

On a side note, it would appear that the Kobolds are stealing voidshard during worldgen (or otherwise acquiring it somehow) because I've killed two thieves with voidshard daggers so far. No complaints on that, the little guys can use all the help they can get and I like to picture some poor cutebold thief slipping through voidwalker defenses to steal some of the stuff.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 08, 2011, 04:02:47 pm »

Just out of curiosity, is it intentional that bog trolls and void walkers are sending thieves as of 12c? Not that there is anything wrong with it, just recalled they weren't doing that before (and the voidwalker thieves come totally unarmed).

Yes.  Voidwalker thieves are unarmed because they do not have a permitted dagger-type weapon.  I'm still debating whether or not I want to leave this the way it is or not.  I think I might go ahead and give them a type of dagger.  Even if they're still basically fodder, you'll have to kill a fair number of them to get even a single voidshard bar's worth of melt objects.

Not sure if this has been reported already or not, but Nephilim traders bring items but refuse to actually trade them.

I'm using tanmod, wanderer's friend, a slightly modified version of kobolds, and a replacement for dragons that I made if that matters at all.

That's, unfortunately, a problem I can't solve without removing the [FLIER] token altogether.  The justification you used is consistent with the lore file (how I imagined it).  Perhaps in the future, caravan scripting will be modified to accommodate flying civilizations, but that's something that's beyond my ability to do with the raws.

On a side note, it would appear that the Kobolds are stealing voidshard during worldgen (or otherwise acquiring it somehow) because I've killed two thieves with voidshard daggers so far. No complaints on that, the little guys can use all the help they can get and I like to picture some poor cutebold thief slipping through voidwalker defenses to steal some of the stuff.

Curious.  I have seen kobolds with steel before, but this is the first time I've heard of them getting their hands on voidshard.  I don't think I'll make any effort to change this - I also kind of like the idea of a particularly lucky one of them pilfering a voidwalker outpost, and I highly doubt it will significantly augment their limited combat capabilities.

Oh and I'm changing the poll, seeing as v0.13a is almost finished and just requires a few more days of testing and polishing.  Expect a release by Saturday or Sunday.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 04:35:01 pm by narhiril »

Alem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 08, 2011, 06:14:08 pm »

Heh, honestly if the voidwalker thieves came with voidshard daggers, I'd just use the daggers instead of try to melt them. In my experience a dagger of Iron or higher is an insanely dangerous and effective weapon, and knifedwarves tend to be very useful.

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 08, 2011, 06:21:19 pm »

That's, unfortunately, a problem I can't solve without removing the [FLIER] token altogether.  The justification you used is consistent with the lore file (how I imagined it).  Perhaps in the future, caravan scripting will be modified to accommodate flying civilizations, but that's something that's beyond my ability to do with the raws.

Maybe you could give the pack animals they have flier tags? Like, special pack animals only available to them?

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 08, 2011, 06:50:42 pm »

Pan, you can't.

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 08, 2011, 10:20:51 pm »

Thanks for the informative reply.

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 08, 2011, 10:25:36 pm »

EDIT: Oops.

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 08, 2011, 10:34:50 pm »

Discussion regarding pack animals with more elaboration: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84186.msg2301682#msg2301682

Don't let my snarkiness (that's snarkiness, right?) get to you or anything. I just act like that for the heck of it.

So uh... weekend release, is it? Can't wait!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 09:48:19 am by Pan »

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 09, 2011, 03:47:14 pm »

Posting to watch.  Want to try this when the next official release occurs.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 10, 2011, 06:16:18 am »

I'm using 0.12a, and noticed my chief doc is not performing an autopsy with a corpse, but with a stone, then an endless reaction with the slab of accreditation it produced (using the slab to create another slab, gaining exp in the meantime). If you think this is present in 12c, then perhaps you should fix it before you release 13a?

And one of my marksdwarves just oneshot a bog troll in the head with a goat bone bolt, sending his beakdog mount running around riderless. Pretty cool.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 06:19:58 am by Pan »

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 10, 2011, 08:05:40 am »

I'm using 0.12a, and noticed my chief doc is not performing an autopsy with a corpse, but with a stone, then an endless reaction with the slab of accreditation it produced (using the slab to create another slab, gaining exp in the meantime). If you think this is present in 12c, then perhaps you should fix it before you release 13a?

And one of my marksdwarves just oneshot a bog troll in the head with a goat bone bolt, sending his beakdog mount running around riderless. Pretty cool.

Yeah, there seems to be a problem with using corpses in reactions.  I changed it over to just take vermin remains in 0.12b, and cut out the "cremate corpse" reaction until I can figure out what's wrong with it.  It's not present from 0.12b onward.

I've got a lot of things to do today that are unrelated to DF, but I just need to package and upload the files for 0.13a and edit the main post.  I think I can get around to it later today.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 08:18:46 am by narhiril »

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
Re: *=*=*=* Legends of Forlorn Realms - an expansion mod *=*=*=* v0.13a
« Reply #178 on: June 10, 2011, 02:32:35 pm »

Uploading now.  As usual, direct any feedback or bug reports to this thread.  Enjoy!

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: *=*=*=* Legends of Forlorn Realms - an expansion mod *=*=*=* v0.13a
« Reply #179 on: June 10, 2011, 09:09:40 pm »

Downloading now.

By the way, what makes sabre tooth tigers so formidable? Cuz I don't think they can stand up to, say, an armored lizardman or goblin. Maybe mod those sabre teeth to be as strong as a weak sort of metal? (copper?)

EDIT: Just tried in the arena, pitting a sabre tooth tiger against an iron equipped goblin. The tiger was mangled and bruised all over, but won. Sure is better than your average wardog, anyway.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 11:40:51 pm by Pan »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 240