Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Has finished working on a mysterious item...  (Read 2809 times)

Rastaphanu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Has finished working on a mysterious item...
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2011, 03:58:47 pm »

I have a friend who does not yet know that he is destined to become obsessed with The Fortress.

I wish I had a friend like you when I was starting DF. Some people have all the luck... and REALLY good friends...
Quote from: DF Wiki
Eating is believed to cause noise within 1 or 2 tiles; probably 1. It is unknown whether the noise radiates from the eating dwarf or his food.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2011, 04:17:36 pm »

Ugh, sadly, there will be no more patching.  The majority of hours spent on the project was actually spent tweaking the raws to use more recognizable graphics, etc... changing all the characters for the individual plants and fish, etc.

He can learn on 31.23 - it's what I've been playing during the building of this thing, and I don't notice too many bad bugs... then he can download new versions, frothing at the mouth like the rest of us once he's hooked. 

Patchouli, it's a wooden box, handcarved and augmented with baked polymer clay, then the whole thing painted and layered under about six coats of high-gloss polyurethane.  The interior is a polymer clay plate made to look like stonework, with indentations sized to fit the pieces of the amulet.  The amulet itself is a micro-USB key, decorated with epoxy putty sculpture.  That's painted gold and heavily varnished, and then mounted on a chain with a metal charm and cabochon gemstone.  It's got a really nice weight to it.  :)

I had a lot of fun making it.  I'd be happy to make more for a reasonable price to cover my costs ($30ish), but they'd have to come blank - shipping them with Toady's software on them and getting any money in return would be unfairly profiteering off work that wasn't mine.
If you want I can patch 0.31.23-25 easily, just upload your modded folder and I will do it in no time.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2011, 08:09:10 pm »

That looks slick. Soon there'll be a new migrant to put in the dorms.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2011, 08:37:33 pm »

That looks slick. Soon there'll be a new migrant to put in the dorms.
If he keeps it up he'll have siege from the jocks goblins!

Koji

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2011, 07:39:37 am »

Sadly, a dwarf didn't make this box.  A lowly human did.

Stupid plains entity file... ruining my life...

Well the one advantage to being a human is that you don't have to spend three years making a computer out of the side of a mountain that uses water to handle binary processing. We understand semiconductors and flash drives! A dwarven version of this product would cost millions and claim countless lives.
Dwarvenrealms
ASCII | Graphical
Over 220 new creatures, new civs, new industries, and a fully customized tileset!

Andal

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning! Fourth wall breached!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2011, 03:53:07 pm »

A dwarven version of this product would cost millions and claim countless lives.

I fail to see how this is an issue.
When I was reorganizing my inventory to fit all by books on life and death into various bags and things, I looked at my inventory and saw that I was multigrasping a necromancer slab.  It was pretty hilarious.
I think that would be an excellent way to impart the critical lessons of life and death to the ignorant masses.

lovekak

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
    • jordan 3
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2011, 01:42:55 am »

It is very much a word.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/craftsmanship

Words are my friends.  I don't mess them up when I'm putting them under six coats of polyurethane.
   ;)This is true

Pages: 1 [2]