Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Apesbalded of Disembowelers  (Read 2124 times)

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Apesbalded of Disembowelers
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2011, 05:33:30 pm »

Took a quick look at the fort, we have a ghost and a giant toad. Seems pretty peaceful.

EDIT: redorfed everyone that died as <NAME> II
Yeah the toad has yet to threaten us and the ghost is scheduled for a slab.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2011, 08:11:46 pm »

Took a quick look at the fort, we have a ghost and a giant toad. Seems pretty peaceful.

EDIT: redorfed everyone that died as <NAME> II
Yeah the toad has yet to threaten us and the ghost is scheduled for a slab.

So... I didn't know there was an engraved slab already, so now he has two. That should suffice, I hope. Also, Ahrimahn, your second incarnation is very unhappy, and has a liason following around without actually starting a meeting.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2011, 08:19:40 pm »

Woah he still hasnt left? I talked to him in my year but didnt finalise it and gave that guy pointless busy work to finalize the deal after the caravan left so that eventually the migrant nobles will come.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2011, 09:31:49 am »

I don't know how many civs can reach us, but the elves can't. That is bad. Why? We'll have to extract wood from the caverns, and we're currently facing a shortage of booze.

EDIT: outpost liason decided to stop stalking our fearless leader and actually present the import documents.

EDIT2:Narcisism?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 09:46:33 am by Deathsword »
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2011, 09:51:20 am »

His name was Ahrimahn Miner her name should be Ahrimahn Expedition leader.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2011, 09:57:01 am »

In my defense, I only noticed that I redorfed you as your wife late summer.

EDIT: so, new problem: two miners (including our fearless leader) are just standing in what I decided to call "Project: FIREBLOOD". They refuse to leave the square they are in. Not even drafting them into a squad seemed to work. No burrows currently exist, so I don't know why they insist on doing that.

EDIT 2: Further investigating has revealed that quares that should be empty (and have an ice boulder in them) are considered non-existant by the game. I think the miners are trapped in them. Hell, I'm starting to love this fort.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 10:37:32 am by Deathsword »

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2011, 11:10:56 am »

EDIT: so, new problem: two miners (including our fearless leader) are just standing in what I decided to call "Project: FIREBLOOD". They refuse to leave the square they are in. Not even drafting them into a squad seemed to work. No burrows currently exist, so I don't know why they insist on doing that.

EDIT 2: Further investigating has revealed that quares that should be empty (and have an ice boulder in them) are considered non-existant by the game. I think the miners are trapped in them. Hell, I'm starting to love this fort.
This may be the glitch that afflicted the Battlefailed Arena they are counted as falling but not onto anything  rather than on the ground they may remain in stasis for all eternity.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2011, 11:13:03 am »

This may be the glitch that afflicted the Battlefailed Arena they are counted as falling but not onto anything  rather than on the ground they may remain in stasis for all eternity.
No, I actually managed to free them, but the game belives some squares no longer exist. Awesome anyway. Problem is: I intend to flood that place with magma, and I don't know if such "non-existant" squares will stop the magma or not. Should be intresting.

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2011, 04:36:44 pm »

Oh, woops forgot to respond. I don't want a turn, only a dwarf.
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2011, 05:32:46 pm »

how goes the turn.

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2011, 12:27:39 am »

Please dorf me as Savvie!  I'm not particular about profession
A small creature sometimes found on paper.  It is small.  Its eyes are black. It is adored by children for its cuteness.
(On a picture of cavies):
We see a family of small land rodents.
Dwarfs see masterpiece roasts.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2011, 11:35:19 am »

Turn nearly finished, but I've been rather busy. It'll be done and uploaded later today.

EDIT: decided to run dfprospector. The only metal we have that can be used for military purposes is copper. Yes, we can't even make bronze. Future overseers will have to get creative.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 02:04:54 pm by Deathsword »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2011, 02:30:08 pm »

Firstly, the save

Let me say that the fort is even messier than before. Yet there was only one casualty, our only mechanic. Three (useless) artifacts were made.

Also, I left a note at "Project: FIREBLOOD", but since nobody will read it, here it is: "PROJECT: FIRBLOOD -> TO DO: prevent walls from melting upon activation; find a way to weaponize it."

Apesbalded
Journal of Dr. Deathsword, Chief Medical Dwarf Overlord.

Spring

So, we embarked upon this hellhole… just because it was a volcano. On a glacier. Now I’m the leader due to an… unfortunate accident that happened to our beloved expedition leader. Well, might as well try to do something.

We have currently four dead dwarf, and a ghost. Also, there’s no mud in the caverns, so we’ll have to build a pumping system to get some farming going. There is a lever in the caverns, but I have no idea what it does. Best to leave it alone.

I was about to order the construction of the pumps when one of the migrants came and told me that they had dug out a room and muddied it last year.

Workers are complaining of miasma, and the ghost. Can’t seem to find his body.

Found the body, it’s in the water. Need to recover it somehow.

Ghost was put to rest with a slab.

Plans for a “separation chamber” have been designed. Now all we need is some equipment.

Did someone say party? At the gabbro table? I better get going.

Ahrimahn Expedition Leader, yes that’s her full name, seems to be rather unhappy, maybe it’s the liaision following her everywhere.

We are out of food and the crops have yet to grow. I ordered some of the animals to be butchered.

Migrants! More mouths to feed, that’s what. 21 dwarves in total. Better put them to good use, and fast.

One of the migrants is a high master glassworker. Too bad we don’t have sand. Drafted 3 migrants in the militia, two as melee fighters and a hunter as a marksdwarf.

Told two of the newbies to fish, and two more to clean the fish caught. That should fix our food problem. I think.

Apparently another party is being thrown… IN MY HOSPITAL!

A metalcrafter has been taken by a mood and has begun to make something.

We now have more than enough food, but we need booze, and fast.

A copper ring. Yes. A ring.

We’re stuck without booze until those filthy elves arrive. I don’t like trading with them but we need plants and wood badly.

Summer

I hate to say it, but we are currently a dry fort.

Had to push an idiot out of a table to perform a surgery.

No elves, so I guess we’re on our on.

The liaison finally left. About bloody time.

Working on Project: FIREBLOOD has begun.

More migrants.

Human caravan. Armok bless them.

The cheese maker has been possessed. Oh well.

The possessed cheese maker finally finished his craft: A tower-cap scepter. Oh my.

Thanks to the humans, we now have booze again.

Autumn

Apparently, Project: FIREBLOOD is having an… odd… effect on our miners. They seem to forget to do anything, even eat or drink.

They just stand there, looking at each other. They are going to die of thirst soon if this keeps up. A shame, really.

Managed to save miners with some creativity. One of them, anyway.

Migrants.

Freed the other miner. Excellent. Project: FIREBLOOD can proceed.

Another ghost. Well, he’s getting a slab.

Militia killed a giant olm that was interrupting the party at the well.

Caravan and liaison arrived. A goblin friend too. Bloody gob escaped.

An ambush! Curse them! One of our mechanics was struck down with a single blow from the goblin lasher.

Winter

Ambush was defeated with no other casualties.

Butcher was taken by a mood. I guess it’s something in the water booze.

Since my term is ending, I decided to place a few instructions in Project: FIREBLOOD.

A mug. Our butcher has created a mug. A schist mug. I’ll claim it for myself. As soon as I figure out how to use it.

Two dwarves, our bookkeeper and our militia commander insist on being called Savvie and Svarte Troner respectively. Not my bloody problem.

My term is done! About bloody time. Now I need to get to that party they're throwing at the schist table.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 02:34:39 pm by Deathsword »

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2011, 05:13:41 pm »

Anyone up for a turn because two people a succession fort does not make?
Pages: 1 [2]