Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Apesbalded of Disembowelers  (Read 2125 times)

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Apesbalded of Disembowelers
« on: April 30, 2011, 01:47:35 pm »

They called us mad! they said that we would never find a volcano in the middle of a glacier, that it was impossible but we proved em wrong now to use this to our advantage we will set up a fortress here that will last all eternity!

Anyone up for a turn and Dorfing?

1.Ahrimahn
2. Deathsword
3. Whoever wants one
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 09:44:52 am by Ahrimahn »

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Apesbalded of Disembowelers
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 02:33:06 pm »

Dorf me as your glorious broker mason! The name's Frozenbeard.
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 03:00:00 pm »

Damnit the post embark save got corrupted when i updated it to the newest version of phoebus got any ideas to fix this because the original save has a really annoying tileset
any ideas on how to fix it pre mbark save
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4308

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 08:46:13 pm »

Get the LNP (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59026.0) and extract it. Put the savegame folder into the /data/save folder, then run the LNP.exe and tell it to update the graphics to whatever you want, including updating the savegames.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 11:56:03 pm »

will get the turn in by tommorow hopefully.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 04:13:54 pm »

If it's not too late to be dwarfed, I'd like to be an animal trainer/furnace operator. Name: Urist McFlameandmagma. Wants to work with magma and capture a dragon, which he will name Blaze.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2011, 04:33:57 pm »

I'd like a turn, and a dorf, if possible. Make me a mechanic, also try to dorf me as a dwarf that dislikes helping people if there are any like that.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2011, 05:26:38 pm »

The world i supplied wont work genning a volcanic glacial world. The original world was too modded but i will make this work!

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2011, 05:37:58 pm »

New embark point! oh god this will be interesting!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2011, 07:46:26 pm »

only 1 deep metal? or do the other 3 biomes that appear in the bottom have more metals?
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2011, 09:39:47 pm »

Just one thing had to abandon a first attempt because we embarked on a slope destroying all our non equiped items

Journal Of Ahrimahn Miner

19th Granite
Setup has been going well with most of the workshops being built now and i have set up nest boxes for food.

26th Granite
Struck a caver layer!

18th Slate
Expedition Leader was attacked by a Cave Crocodile he managed to escape the beast and broke its leg.

22nd Slate
The Cave Crocodile is dead now did not want to have to deal with it constantly attacking woodcutters so i ordered it killed by our slapdash militia.

8th Hematite
Deathsword the so called chief medical dwarf (sorry needed one and his stats made it good for him) has not been feeding the Expedition Leader WHAT THE HELL.

20th Hematite
Thank ARMOK migrants one farmer one lye maker (ughhh) one woodworker one Blacksmith surprisingly useful.
3rd Malachite
Expedition leader died maybe he would have lived if we bothered to feed him?

27th Malachite
Farming has finally began!

3rd Limestone
Cave Fish People attacked our militia wiped the out and took their stuff but a couple died among them Great Wyrm Gold I myself was wounded bringing the number of dwarves with the capability to mine in this fort to exactly zero.

4th Sandstone
Migrants leather worker shearer two peasants.

24th Sandstone
Mining back on track training peasants as miners.

14th Timber
Merchants have arrived. purchased some picks and food. Cloth bought from them was used to dress my wounds im probably going to heal!

21st Moonstone
I am able to walk and the fort is looking good. The outpost Liason wont leave despite having negotiated with him already.
17th Obsidian
GAHHH Skeletal Cave Croc how the fuck did that get through the hatches and more importantly HOW THE FUCK DOES THAT EXIST! AND IM DEADDDDDDDDD!
Journal Of Some Dude
Well im overseer now.
SAVE!
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4313

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2011, 09:40:43 pm »

only 1 deep metal? or do the other 3 biomes that appear in the bottom have more metals?
Its to add to the challenge of it all. And yes there is shallow tetrahedrite.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 09:52:05 pm by Ahrimahn »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2011, 09:00:13 am »

Who's next? me?

If so, I'm getting the save. If not, I'm still getting the save to see what happened.

EDIT: maybe it's a good idea to place a turn list in the OP

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2011, 09:46:04 am »

Who's next? me?

If so, I'm getting the save. If not, I'm still getting the save to see what happened.

EDIT: maybe it's a good idea to place a turn list in the OP
Yeah you can have the turn Svarte has not responded over whether or not he wanted a turn with his dwarf.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2011, 11:16:47 am »

Took a quick look at the fort, we have a ghost and a giant toad. Seems pretty peaceful.

EDIT: redorfed everyone that died as <NAME> II
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 11:23:31 am by Deathsword »
Pages: [1] 2