Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

(Poll pending)

(Generic Choice 1)
(Generic Choice 2)

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 77

Author Topic: Roll to Alter Someone's Life Round 5: Reboot  (Read 63702 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Alter Someone's Life Round 4: Flight of Dragons
« Reply #735 on: August 09, 2011, 05:57:05 am »

@NRDL: I have that movie just to my right, just below The Last Unicorn. :3 I don't remember his name at the moment but the knight in it was a bad ass. Anyway, I can waitlist you, but unless one of the current six doesn't want to be in the next round it's full. You'll be in Round 6. Is that OK?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: August 09, 2011, 06:54:09 am »

@NRDL: I have that movie just to my right, just below The Last Unicorn. :3 I don't remember his name at the moment but the knight in it was a bad ass. Anyway, I can waitlist you, but unless one of the current six doesn't want to be in the next round it's full. You'll be in Round 6. Is that OK?

The knight's name was Orrin, and I agree, he was awesome.  I loved the part where he threw his sword at the big black dragon, while being burned to death by that same dragon.  That's almost DF-level awesome. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: August 09, 2011, 07:07:03 am »

Orrin Neville-Smythe, that was it. Found the clip on YouTube. :3 THIS is the guy I wanted to be as a kid, y'all. Watch the clip and revel in his epicness.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: August 09, 2011, 09:04:12 am »

Wow.... Watched the final showdown after that. Sir Peter is a hacker.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: August 09, 2011, 09:11:19 am »

Yeah. I mean I didn't like Ommadon but come on. Science does not beat magic, because magic is awesome. :3

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: August 09, 2011, 09:13:12 am »

Apparently, shouting out the different branches of scientific research and study is more powerful than Harry Potter level spells. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: August 09, 2011, 09:15:33 am »

Apparently... Ah, well. I always preferred Danielle over Melisande, myself. :3 I guess I'll post over in CV that Krath is needed here, he'll see it sooner or later.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: August 09, 2011, 09:17:16 am »

So what will round six be about? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: August 09, 2011, 09:43:06 am »

In anger, Tala heads out of the cave to eat some peeps. Little does she know, the alchemist she brought back to the cave and ate had a love potion in his pocket. Uh oh.

Yeah, I'm not fast at responding to this topic  :P

I wouldn't blame you if you put somebody on the waiting list in my place.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: August 09, 2011, 09:44:06 am »

Round six will be determined once round 5 gets under way. But if you want you can be in round 5 and I'll be in round 6. I got in on this round by dint of someone else leaving, so I don't mind skipping a round.
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: August 09, 2011, 10:07:55 am »

@NRDL: Indeed. Around July in-game I close voting, and then when the next round begins I take a few suggestions on what the round after it should be and put those up for a vote... although considerin' that R:TW is winning by a landslide I might close it early and start taking them for Round 6, I dunno yet. I'll think about it.

@Krath: 's alright. I don't really like kicking players. :-\ If you want to opt out that's one thing, but it's up to you.

@Theo: So push you to Round 6 and put NRDL in for Round 5? Just want some confirmation. ^^;

@Everyone else: Turn soon, I gotta unpause SvR 2011, kick Miz's ass, and turn the 360 off. I'm not about to lose the US Championship. >.>

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: August 09, 2011, 10:43:17 am »

End result: New US Champion after Miz tapped to an abdominal stretch. :3 (Yes, I do use weak, preliminary submission holds like that to win big matches. Man, I would be so unpopular if I was an actual wrestler. Sleeperholds, rear chinlocks, side headlocks, abdominal stretches, bearhugs, and single-leg Boston crabs all day, baby. The crowd would be chanting 'boring' so loudly Australians could hear it. :3)

Quote from: V-Norrec: 26
Kidnap a magical elf-enchanted scepter worth nearly 1,000,000 Dwarfbucks and able to heal wounds.
Quote from: Krath: 97
In anger, Tala heads out of the cave to eat some peeps. Little does she know, the alchemist she brought back to the cave and ate had a love potion in his pocket. Uh oh.
Quote from: Taricus: 69
Arogeth takes a 'different' solution to Tala's nagging :3
-----------
Quote from: Powder Miner: After Dwarmin
(Counter Taric) Tala is frankly unimpressed,and instead beats the utter crap out of him, and shames his social life forever.
Quote from: Theodolus: 57
The local knights guild assaults the cave one day while Tala is out. Sadly they fail to kill Arogeth but do manage to steal a large sum of his hoard and rescue Arogeth's most recently kidnapped maiden.
Quote from: Dwarmin: After Taric
(Counter Taric) Tala is more than ready to defend herself against Arogeth, having a few hundred years more fighting experience. If she wins, he gets kicked out of the cave!

While Arogeth is out and about, Tala decides to get some lunch. (Krath, M=3: 5) She catches several passing elves in a caravan and brings them back to the cave. She's so hungry, though, she doesn't bother to empty their pockets first, instead spitting out items like gold coins as if they were cherry pits. Unfortunately for her - sort of - one of these elves is a practicing alchemist, and he has on hand a variety of potions. Only one of them works: a love potion! (Hmm. Guess that'll make it easier for Taric, harder for Dwarmin and Powder. Good thing y'all buddied up on it. :3) Arogeth comes home shortly afterward... (Taric, Negligible=2: 3. Dwarmin and Powder, H=4: 3, 5)

He tries to put the moves on her, and although she's somewhat receptive due to the love potion, she beats the crap out of him anyway since if he wants to be her mate he's gotta prove himself through such trials as bringing her a Dwarven crown of adamantine... that'll be difficult. (Theo, M=3: 3) She heads out to find more delicious elves, and while he;s home guarding the hoard - how little they currently have - knights from the northeastern reaches try to slay him for glory! They fail, and miserably so; he's still young and strong, light on his feet and ready to fight after that humiliation from Tala. One, rather more cowardly than the rest, sneaks past him while he's fighting the others and steals the most valuable item in the horde: the Howling Cube, a square-cut diamond that has minor weather powers. How's he going to explain that one?

(V-Norrec, M=3: 4) While searching through everything Tala had brought back from the elven caravan, he finds a ruby-studded scepter and picks it up. Miraculously, doing so heals the wounds he sustained in the fight with the knights! Bet that one coward is going to wish he had grabbed this instead of the Cube...

TEAM SUCCESS: 25
TEAM FAILURE: 24

2nd 1/2 of March

Arogeth has made a home in a mountain, with an elven forest to the north, a human village to the east, the ocean to the south, and a dwarven society to the west. The dwarves and humans are both allied and firmly anti-dragon; the dwarves are well-armed and fortified, but the humans have lost their weaponry and most of their homes. In addition, the dwarves are currently battling demons. He is sharing the cave (slightly more cramped due to a recent cave-in) with a female dragon named Tala, who drank a love potion and is considering taking Arogeth on as her mate provided he can pass her trials. Arogeth is permanently missing a few scales around his chest. In the horde is: a paltry amount of gold coins and a ruby-studded elven scepter that can cure wounds.

Sleepers: Small Cave (4+2)! Needs expansions or else!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: August 09, 2011, 10:46:19 am »

(Activate sleeper) Arogeth gets to work, somehow managing to expand the cave even larger then before (Not by much though...)
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: August 09, 2011, 11:01:52 am »

Counter Sleeper Activation by activating first! Arogeth had just gotten started at expanding the cave when Tala arrives back home. The lack of cave expansion along with him having lost part of their hoard makes her angry and she kicks him out, proclaiming that he'll have to work that much harder to prove himself a worthy mate. Arogeth slumps under the canopy of the forest, ashamed at having to sleep under trees instead of rock.
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: August 09, 2011, 11:07:21 am »

The scepter explodes- IT was tied to the Howling Cube and can''t exist without it, completely destroying the cave while the dragons are out,and burying their entire hoard!
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 77