Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 367 368 [369] 370 371 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1328614 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #5520 on: February 14, 2016, 02:16:43 pm »

@miauw:Summon Bigger Scalelord?

Was there a feedback loop then?
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=394565

YES. And surprisingly, the card is not legendary (thus preventing the loop), and there is no errata (which would prevent the loop). The Rulings text even SUPPORTS this loop. O.o At least it's "may" add another counter, so it's not locking you into the feedback loop. Still, awesome.

Still dies to removal :P
No.  Noooooo.  Wizards why?  You made a card that can have an infinite power/toughness combo with itself.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5521 on: February 14, 2016, 03:53:17 pm »

Well, turns out the solution to "git gud" was a new controller, and restarting from the beginning as a Deprived class. Just beat The Lost Sinner; I did summon Lucatiel for the fight, but that's mostly because I want to do her questline and she has to help fight 3 bosses in order to get her equipment. Other than that... no, it's been pretty straightfoward. Dogs have been fairly easy to kill now that I figured out how to two-hand a left-gripped weapon. No controller problems so far, only a few dumb deaths here and there. Went into the Belfry Luna without realizing that once you go in, you can't leave; two invaders showed up in short order. Killed one, died to the other (they had a sliver of HP left, too!). Sure, I died in the encounter, but the fact that I managed to kill one was rather nice.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I was going through the first time with the same version and thinking the same things, but just wait there is some tedious and annoying areas coming up. Most of the bosses stay not really difficult (Smelter Demon gave me a lot of trouble but apparently I was supposed to put points into adaptability which I didn't do) but there are some pain in the ass regular enemies and encounters.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5522 on: February 14, 2016, 07:28:07 pm »

Defeat Octomammoth in Final Fantasy IV. It was one hell of a fight. And it was only the first boss :o
You poor soul. You haven't even seen the first Golbez fight yet.

I hope for Jwilliams' sake he hasn't got FF4DS.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5523 on: February 15, 2016, 01:54:40 pm »

Well, turns out the solution to "git gud" was a new controller, and restarting from the beginning as a Deprived class. Just beat The Lost Sinner; I did summon Lucatiel for the fight, but that's mostly because I want to do her questline and she has to help fight 3 bosses in order to get her equipment. Other than that... no, it's been pretty straightfoward. Dogs have been fairly easy to kill now that I figured out how to two-hand a left-gripped weapon. No controller problems so far, only a few dumb deaths here and there. Went into the Belfry Luna without realizing that once you go in, you can't leave; two invaders showed up in short order. Killed one, died to the other (they had a sliver of HP left, too!). Sure, I died in the encounter, but the fact that I managed to kill one was rather nice.

Sounds like somebody finally got gud

But seriously, I'm in the same boat as you, I am playing Scholar of the First Sin even though I never played the normal game. It can be really cheap sometimes. I never had any problem hitting the dogs, for me the huge thing that irritates me has always been the unnecessary number of enemies, but it was still nothing that git gud couldn't fix.

TL;DR Because DS2 is hard, you will not like her, but the more you hate her the more you will git gud.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #5524 on: February 15, 2016, 04:30:14 pm »

Repaired the royal family, got an end-game weapon and some end-game armor, and foiled an attempted regicide.  All in a day's work, messing with time travel.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5525 on: February 15, 2016, 05:29:23 pm »

Took me an entire day, but I managed to cram a 16-and-a-half foot* magma god into a 3-inch diameter ball.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5526 on: February 16, 2016, 10:30:41 pm »

Not my own, but incredibly badass nonetheless.  A civilian was shot at by a
and not only did the shot miss, but they managed to survive the entire mission!
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5527 on: February 17, 2016, 05:02:21 am »

Through careful cheesing of enemy AI and gratuitous use of trebuchets, my large but somewhat weak army was able to recapture one of my cities from the nearly-as-large, and far more powerful, enemy army that had come charging out of the fog of war in the previous turn. Highlights include killing an obsidian dragon with concentrated siege engine fire and the pestering (and eventual death) of two powerful infantry units with obscene regeneration abilities.
My army wasn't exactly in the best of shape after that battle, but the loss of so many high-tier units was probably one of the things that lead to that particular enemy kingdom's downfall.

Age of Wonders III
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5528 on: February 17, 2016, 09:23:41 pm »

Managed to capture the entire Mind Trio in one day. I was surprised that Azelf was the easiest to catch(only 3 balls used), despite the fact that it was only one whose attacks Nuzleaf couldn't nopesoap entirely(as it knew Uproar). Snagged Cobalion while waiting for Azelf to appear as well, and Ho-Oh shortly after nailing Mesprit.

EDIT: Managed to kill a thresher maw. EDI's report when returning to Tuchanka later was priceless: "In addition, killing the thresher maw has resulted in several breeding requests for Grunt. And one for Shepard."

« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 10:01:19 am by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5529 on: February 18, 2016, 10:43:41 pm »

I killed what must have been... ten or so Super Mutants (at least three of which were Brutes) outside of the Washington Monument. I think you were supposed to use the Stealth Boys from the Museum of Technology to sneak past them without a fight. However, I was thirsty for blood and loaded down with tons of ammo, so I took them on.

I ended up using ten frag grenades, six Stimpaks, most of my food and a number of landmines, as well as completely draining all of my 5.56mm ammo. On the other hand, strolling straight up to the monument over a field of broken mutant bodies was an experience worth having.

Fallout 3.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5530 on: February 19, 2016, 03:38:08 pm »

Orks are ded. Get tau'd on.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5531 on: February 19, 2016, 04:21:39 pm »

I defeated Hush, Satan, The Lamb and Mega Satan in the same run with Keeper. Didn't even need the Swallowed Penny trinket because my attacks were constantly spawning an insane amount of coins to keep me alive.

Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #5532 on: February 19, 2016, 04:54:35 pm »

Took down a few streets of zombies with a broken arm.

Orks are ded. Get tau'd on.
Sounds like they had a bad taume.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5533 on: February 19, 2016, 04:58:35 pm »

There were plenty of lasers, that's for certain.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5534 on: February 19, 2016, 09:08:38 pm »

You know what, I don't think I died once in the entire playthrough. Came very close, but not died.

Pages: 1 ... 367 368 [369] 370 371 ... 711