Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 338 339 [340] 341 342 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1328970 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #5085 on: November 01, 2015, 11:09:30 am »

Felt a bit :-\ in the recent days, until I remembered that I kinda passed a game I had to a friend (who is currently enjoying it a ton) and that made me a bit less :'(
So I decided to kick it up again and try a nice skirmish using my current Warrior Lady Empress person. With a nice stat of 450+ in Archery, and only 9 of my closest and strongest mounted archers, I faced off a nice pack of 44 desert bandits in the sands of the Sultan.

Easily routed with my cohorts behind me as we ran in many circles around the enemy horsemen--I can still score a difficulty-13 shot against tiny, tiny targets without using the shift (zoom) key! In both retreating enemies and charging ones! \o/
I love that I can still recall the intricate mechanics of using a warbow and angling with distance ratios. Yay ingrained calculative math!
* Tiruin has the imagery of "I still got it." there.
Yeah I love archery >_>
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #5086 on: November 01, 2015, 01:00:33 pm »

Finished my normal mode pacifist run.

My new codename of "tarantula" is a step up from my former one of "flying squirrel".

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5087 on: November 01, 2015, 01:55:03 pm »

Cheating item is cheating! :o
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5088 on: November 01, 2015, 02:08:23 pm »

I know, I just feel like running through again for fun.

(it's also hilarious seeing these guards freak out about an invisible force dragging their companion's dead body into a locker)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 02:19:02 pm by Tawarochir »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5089 on: November 01, 2015, 02:46:45 pm »

I am reasonably sure that in MGS2 (I may have done this thing one time in all the hundreds of hours I invested in it) that you could punch a guard while being invisible, and if there was another guard in the direction you punched them from near enough, they'd hit them.

Though this was Subsistence, and I was pissing about on the Tanker because I had played it so many times.

I've never played Twin Snakes, but I am aware it has MGS2 mechanics in the MGS1 setting so... hopefully you have an opportunity to try, and confirm it. *hinthint*
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5090 on: November 01, 2015, 03:17:12 pm »

I'll have to give it a try, then. I'm mostly just screwing around with tuxedo!Snake and Otacon's stealth camo anyway.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5091 on: November 02, 2015, 06:43:40 pm »

I don't know if this counts, because to any decently protected wanderer they aren't very threatening, but . . .

Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5092 on: November 02, 2015, 06:49:49 pm »

I don't know if this counts, because to any decently protected wanderer they aren't very threatening, but . . .

I don't get it, you owned by... breaking your arm?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5093 on: November 02, 2015, 06:51:08 pm »

Well no, by shooting them and flailing at them with a crowbar.

Turrets vaporized the arm.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5094 on: November 03, 2015, 02:31:25 pm »

Decided to equip a shotgun on my medic because why not.
Proceeded to be actually effective in combat instead of dying constantly
Especially great when I found a small-scale fight at TI Alloys where I could with a few other random dudes casually hold off VS and TR and just shell the Crown if nobody was there.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #5095 on: November 03, 2015, 05:45:44 pm »

Decided to equip a shotgun on my medic because why not.
Proceeded to be actually effective in combat instead of dying constantly
Especially great when I found a small-scale fight at TI Alloys where I could with a few other random dudes casually hold off VS and TR and just shell the Crown if nobody was there.

Yeah, I generally find the NC shotguns to be flat out better than the TR ones  >:(
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5096 on: November 03, 2015, 06:20:09 pm »

So standard ye olde fetch quest: Find a picture of now probably-zombified daughter. Find car. Get photo. Bring back to harmless old couple.

I hand over the photo, the old man dies of a heart attack, and his enraged widow one-shots me with a shotgun. What the hell?

Load game. Find Car. Get Photo. Give Photo. Grandpa Dies. Dodge initial shotgun round. Wait for reload. Shoot that hag in the face. Beat her to death against the walls of her own home. Loot their bodies. Jam the photo into the gaping hole where her face used to be. Burn their stripped corpses along with their home.

Early Retirement.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5097 on: November 03, 2015, 06:38:23 pm »

Early Retirement.

Is this the name of the game? Or is it Cataclysm?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5098 on: November 03, 2015, 07:07:29 pm »

The game's name is Survivalist.

I seem to be locked into the "Looter" type questline (if such a thing exists). Grinding for too long meant that the tutorial NPC (And the one that offers "nice" paths in some quests) died due to neglect, and the second tutorial NPC ignored me (you need the first to recruit him).

So I lured looters to his camp and waited until they killed him, and then killed them, and looted everything.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #5099 on: November 03, 2015, 11:25:16 pm »

PURIST Challenge. Thought it might be difficult. It wasn't.

Scored a Humbleing Bundle on the second floor by blowing up absolutely everything in sight and barely netting 15 coins, then proceeded to take repeated devil deals, acquiring Brimstone and Dark Bum. The combination of Humbleing Bundle and Dark Bum meant that I was getting 1 or 2 soul hearts every other room. My health was maxed in a single floor, my damage output was absurd thanks to Brimstone, and Isaac got so filled with upgrades that the game broke a little and he no longer played the Brimstone charging animation whatsoever.

Then I got Dead Cat, which was total overkill because I also had the Bible and killed both Mom and It Lives instantaneously.

Easiest. Challenge. Ever.

Pages: 1 ... 338 339 [340] 341 342 ... 711