Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 337 338 [339] 340 341 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1328966 times)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #5070 on: October 27, 2015, 09:50:45 pm »

Really, I was sure Blaze was using something called doom RPG.

Anyway, My ownage. Images correspond to the text below, not above
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This cycle continued until I got 8 kills. I died when I decided to throw grenades outside rather than in the hallway. It took too long for the fuse to detonate so they just walked past the grenade and shot me.

Spoiler: game (click to show/hide)
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #5071 on: October 27, 2015, 11:10:04 pm »

Really, I was sure Blaze was using something called doom RPG.
I said I think, not I know for sure what that mod is.

I have no experience playing doom rpg but have played doomrl arsenal and recognize the anti-freak jackal as a weapon used in doomrl but the hud blaze has is not what I remember from my time playing doomrl arsenal. Maybe it's doom rpg. I 'unno.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5072 on: October 28, 2015, 06:43:50 am »

A bunch of peasants with clubs took down a necromancer and his retinue of half a dozen skeletons. No casualties.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5073 on: October 28, 2015, 11:21:44 am »

Playing the AoT Tribute Game Singleplayer in the City(on Normal mode, unfortunately. Haven't touched the game in almost a year, only started playing again yesterday).
Spoiler: Victory! (click to show/hide)
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5074 on: October 28, 2015, 08:48:36 pm »

Everyone hates Assyria. Literally every other country. And I started on the same peninsula as them, so we're pretty close, which means they declare war on me a lot. Usually I've just held them off and waited until they offer peace. Well this time I realised that I have the advantage in every respect besides standing military size, so after drawing one of their battles out, my military overtook what they had up and then I took a city right on the middle of their pretty linear empire.
Now if Ashurbanipal wants to get anything from one end of his empire to the other he has to send it through the sea. Tosser.

Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #5075 on: October 29, 2015, 12:17:29 pm »

After 84 days, ~50 of which were spent laying siege to the last hell portal, the crown is safe at last. The demons and imps have been driven back, the portals have all been demolished, and the night is safe for roaming and wandering. Long live the queen and her kingdom.

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #5076 on: October 29, 2015, 05:50:56 pm »

I managed to wrangle the laguz army into submission almost entirely using Volug, Nolan, and Zihark.

Seriously, who the hell decided to give you somebody ten levels lower than everybody else, an archer and a swordsman who can't take a hit, and a KNIGHT with crappy defense growths, then expect you to use them?

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5077 on: October 29, 2015, 08:10:16 pm »

About a week after setting out, I figured I was ready to go get some antibiotics like my military friend asked for. I ran into the pharmacy, chased by all sorts of shit, something exploded underground, the shop filled up with smoke, I'm pretty sure I was on fire, and then I ran away through the smoke and acid that was now on the floor, making an almost-clean getaway. The choking from smoke fucked me up a little but oh well.
Then I went back to deliver the antibiotics, headshotted a giant wasp with a shotgun. Turns out my buddy was dead, and probably had been for a while. Took his gun and went back home. git gud

Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5078 on: October 30, 2015, 05:53:54 am »

Managed to make it all the way to Alice's second midboss before dying. I guess that counts as an own.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5079 on: October 30, 2015, 04:48:18 pm »

Managed to win greed mode thanks to gimpy, BFF and the leech. Holy crap the boss is tanky.

Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5080 on: October 30, 2015, 11:47:11 pm »

AHAHAHA OH WOW

I just managed to beat Greed Mode as well, with Azazel. By the end of the run I had Tech .5, the Holy Shield, Guppy's power, and split brimstone beams that charmed, feared, and poisoned enemies all at the same time. I had Holy Tears (no idea what those did) and 9 lives.

Binding of Issac: Afterbirth.

EDIT: Just won my first run as Lilith. Got splash damage, cancer, coal, and a new item that gives "transcendent tears". This gives them a trippy psychedelic effect...oh, and also allows tears to travel not only through obstacles, but through room walls and then come back on the opposite side of the room. This basically allowed me to fill any room with instant death. Satan was destroyed in less than a minute.

Afterbirth again.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 01:07:05 am by Sirus »
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #5081 on: October 31, 2015, 05:44:25 pm »

After much persistence and patience, I finally got myself a smartphone, freeing up my inventory immensely. Furthermore, I managed to finally take down the Moon Lord (fighting solo) after numerous attempts, and with my stockpile, managed to properly celebrate my victory by beating him a few more times with better gear (starting off with Summoner Gear). Really helps that the nurse kept reappearing on top of the teleporter, so she was in the arena with me keeping me healed as I fought.

EDIT:
Now to wrap up the game with some achievement hunting.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5082 on: October 31, 2015, 10:26:43 pm »

Unicorn Stump (temporary invuln you can't shoot in) + Midas Touch (Contact damage that scales with money, and things killed with it drop money)

And then I got Mom's Knife, which I could also use while stump'd.

In another run I had gotten a good handful of damage ups and 3 dollar bill, which is apparently a lot stronger now.

I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5083 on: November 01, 2015, 01:59:23 am »

I unlocked the final, most secret of the secret characters! It's a shame too, since I was required to die in order to unlock it and I was in the middle of a really really good run. Imagine Azazel, but able to fire short-range beams nearly as quickly as Issac can shoot tears, and each beam is "charged" by a whirlpool of energy before firing. I was killing end-game bosses within seconds.

Binding of Issac: Afterbirth
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5084 on: November 01, 2015, 03:10:53 am »

Attacking Iwo Jima as an American engineer. Multiple times, I'm able to get into an ideal enfilade position in the trenches, and with the carbine that equals a bunch of death. Twice I'm able to actually advance behind the enemy defensive line, and rain down havoc from there. The second time I do that, my squad leader and a few other people join me. My team mates secure the first gun site, which I then blow up. I then go up to the second one, kill one of the three people who are there, and another of my team mates blows that gun site up. We then fall upon the flank of the Japanese defenders as the rest of the marine assault force launch an attack from the south on the defensive point. We eventually are all killed by a really, really well placed machine gunner, and rejoin the main force, which steamrolls over the defenders. I end the match facing down a banzai charge which is trying to break into their own command bunker in a last ditch effort. I kill one, and I have a perfect bead on a second when the score screen comes up. I ended up with around 25 kills and 110 team points.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.
Pages: 1 ... 337 338 [339] 340 341 ... 711