Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1333222 times)

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #4650 on: June 30, 2015, 05:24:46 pm »

Was naked in the dark. Managed to army crawl around the place, avoiding zombies and getting a shotgun(10 shots), katana and a backpack as well as other miscellaneous stuff. Went to a nearby military base, Got chased by at least a hundred zombies. Jumped out a window, broke my legs. Knew I couldn't run, so I rapid fired my shotgun into the first few while crawling to me car. Ran out of ammo while halfway. Started to stab everything that got close with my katana. Just a few metres from my car on 2 health and with 10 zombies left from the hundred. Crawled into my car and ran them over.

Didn't have a splint or a medkit so I drove to the nearest medical spawn and crawled past zombies before getting a splint and healing my legs. Found so much buckshot for my shotty that I decided to go on a rampage. The street is now covered with bodies and blood. Don't have any ammo left though.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #4651 on: June 30, 2015, 05:47:17 pm »

Well, obviously she wants to be your friend! Is that so wrong!?

If she weren't spying on me all the time it wouldn't be a problem.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4652 on: July 01, 2015, 12:24:43 am »

Not a combat own, but I finally got myself a water source. In the form of a mechanical pump. Which required NINE levels in Construction. That's about a weeks worth of skill book reading. And then one day building metal door frames out of some helicopter wreckage to get my Construction skill up the last level that my skill book couldn't teach me. And then one day building the well proper and hooking up the pump. Plus all the time I spent looking for the tools and parts to make the pump in the first place. And now I've got running water. And running lava[Technically, I had THAT long before now.]. I can just make myself a cup of herbal tea. ANYTIME I WANT. This is so exhilarating.

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4653 on: July 01, 2015, 11:02:36 am »

Herbal tea.  The rich people drink of Cataclysm dda.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4654 on: July 01, 2015, 04:09:02 pm »

Step one: Knock wyvern on his scaly ass.
Step two: Grab boulder.
Step three: Roar "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD" as you double jump high above the prone foe.
Step four: Powerbomb that boulder directly onto its forehead.
Step five: Land smoothly in slow motion.

Dragon's Crown. The dorf is so fucking baller it isn't funny.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4655 on: July 01, 2015, 07:51:01 pm »

Herbal tea.  The rich people drink of Cataclysm dda.

EDIT:
Oh, here's one.  First large battleship landing (not a crash), starting equipment only, no one higher than a Corporal.  I launch anyways for a few reasons: (a) because I'm not certain if Council penalties for uninterdicted missions extend to landing operations, (b) because I'm not certain if interdicting landed research operations affects alien research gain, and (c) because I figure I can at least get some cheap experience and maybe a corpse or three by popping up, hitting a few weak pods outside, and scrambling back to base once things inevitably get too hot.  From a landing spot near the bow, I proceed to sweep up the exterior of Thin Men and Sectoids by moving up gradually, until I finish the last one of those by the stern, losing a single Rocketeer (my insurance policy against rogue outsiders or chrysallids) in the process.  I consider withdrawing, but then end up triggering a set of Floaters, with me on the exact opposite side of the map from the extraction point.  I take down the last one, start to consider withdrawing next turn, and a bunch of chrysallids charge through one of the doors into the ship.  I barely take them all out in a single turn due to luck and shotguns, which pushes me towards one of the doors inward.  I open it the next turn on a lark before falling back, mostly because I'm pretty sure that besides the outsiders in the bridge all the way across the ship, there's almost certainly nothing left, and very probably nothing more than a few sectoids at the most.  In this, I'm technically accurate.  The only thing left is indeed a trio of outsiders, but they're not on the bridge: they're right on the other side of the door.  Panic, repositioning, and a whole bunch of various grenades later (smoke, flash, and HE), I've taken *them* down as well, and I get the biggest surprise yet: a successful mission notification, and a whole mess of loot.  All for the loss of one Rocketeer and an entire fire team that will probably be in the hospital for a month. 

Oh, and less than a day after landing, I get a UFO notification; launch and fail, at which point it lands in Tibet before I can send up another interceptor.  I'm about to send up another team, but another UFO pops up and I do shoot it down, crashing somewhere in Xinjiang.  At that point, rather surprised, I've saved and quit, not quite willing to push my luck any further.  Both are small UFOs, but if I clear both of them, that means that in less than a week, I'll have blasted my way through a battleship and two scouts.  And very probably reduced my active force to a single fire team of freshly-minted squaddies and rookies, but...

« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 08:09:54 pm by Culise »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4656 on: July 02, 2015, 01:20:40 pm »

Killed Satan for the first time, without any crazy item combinations either.

Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4657 on: July 03, 2015, 12:38:23 am »

Finally beat Odin. Pain in the ass fight.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4658 on: July 03, 2015, 04:30:58 pm »

Made it to Act 5 mostly on my own (needed a little help on how to reach a (railroaded) quest item that seemed just out of reach. I seemed to be right in my ways, but the timing must've been off and didn't register as an option). Besides that, the trials were a challenge, but a combination of hacking skill and gaming wits made me bypass a major part of the last trial (instead of building a bridge, I lined up a bridge corner-to-corner, walked across easily enough (kudos to the third-eye hat), and set the middle of the bridge to where it should be (while on the bridge itself. My sword JUST reached enough to hack into it's controls), dropping myself in the process. I don't think that was how the puzzle was intended to be solved (but I wasn't having fun with the puzzle proper, so I made my own way). The remainder of the puzzle was just getting the switches and movement speed correct.

The game actually provided some education to LUA coding as you play. Kinda wish I could type in the numbers, however.

Oh yeah, and my first foray into hacking after getting some more toys, I crashed the universe.

EDIT:
Didn't expect to beat the game so quickly. Then again, the debug item contributed majorly to my victory, also allowing me to get every relevant item for my quest. Teleporting with it (and controlling the speed of time) made the endgame effortless.

Then again, I cheated my way through it. I didn't focus on programming, or chopping away at things. I exploited my situations to their logical potential. Funny enough, I think that's what you were supposed to do. All the complaints about the game may have been from people that were too focused on one thing or another. I liked it.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 06:35:39 pm by Itnetlolor »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4659 on: July 04, 2015, 01:22:09 am »

Got 1 hour of free time before sleep x_x and decided to play Mount&Blade: Warband (mod'd. "More Women" mod, for female fighters and such).

Routed an enemy patrol of ~60 men, a mixture of horseback and otherwise, along with the enemy lord using just myself and 9 other female mounted archers.

We ran in circles around them that it was fun and partly historically realistic and suffered 0 losses.
And I also got the chance to capture the lord, but set him free and he was thankful. \o/
Hurrah mounted archery! Love them composite bows.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4660 on: July 04, 2015, 10:36:53 am »

You should try out sword sisters, female war god commandos of death and destruction. Also I think it is one of the few (or only?) units that are mounted and have crossbows. It's been awhile since I've played but they I believed had very fast horses coupled with plate armour and decent skills. Probably my favourite mercenary unit in the game, although like all mercenary units sadly amassing them is a huge pain because of the relative scarcity of peasant women.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4661 on: July 04, 2015, 11:19:21 am »

Can confirm, sword sisters useful but hard to replace. Dilute with swadian knights if necessary. Rarely lose either except in castle/city sieges.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4662 on: July 04, 2015, 11:53:51 am »

You should try out sword sisters, female war god commandos of death and destruction. Also I think it is one of the few (or only?) units that are mounted and have crossbows. It's been awhile since I've played but they I believed had very fast horses coupled with plate armour and decent skills. Probably my favourite mercenary unit in the game, although like all mercenary units sadly amassing them is a huge pain because of the relative scarcity of peasant women.
Ooo I do :3 They're my mainstay in vanilla games because of how rare they are. Extremely useful folk!

Though the mod I uses has female infantry/cavalry and archers for ALL of the factions--along with 2 more tiers of Eliteness...problem is, that the Sword Sister line doesn't meet the higher degree compared to the other female troops (ie Female Khergit 'Windriders' as the mounted archer Elite).

I never use Swadian knights though. Having too much fun being a mounted archer to...even try using Swadians.
Vagir//Rhodok ranged troops ftw!
But mods make it even more fun~♫♪

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4663 on: July 04, 2015, 11:38:38 pm »

An 83-year-old woman broke our leader out of a forced labor camp. She later committed 5 acts of terrorism.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 06:34:15 pm by Tawarochir »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4664 on: July 05, 2015, 04:27:15 pm »

I decided that I wanted the Securan origin world for my very own. The problem? It was completely under the control of a pirate faction, and heavily defended. There was also the minor matter of being nearly four sectors away from my own territory.

So I first became an ally of the most powerful Securan civilization in order to gain refueling rights in their territory. Sent one of my very first fleets (2nd Fleet), which was the only fleet with an appreciable number of troop transports, stopped off at one of their refueling stations, and then launched my attack. The fighting to clear the pirate space port and fleet was brutal, but I only lost two frigates in the process (one destroyed, the other so heavily damaged that it could no longer fight). After the skies were clear I dropped off the troops, then proceeded to wreck every pirate mining base in the system. By the time the warships had finished, the population of Secura was firmly under my control...except for the pirate fortresses which continued to contribute to unrest and corruption. So with barely a moment to pause, the invading soldiers marched on the fortresses and completely demolished them. The native Securans were apparently quite pleased by this: despite the sheer distance between them and the rest of my empire, and the havoc and deaths, their approval rating is in the 40s (15 is considered good).

Distant Worlds: Universe
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 711