Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1330783 times)

ComputerWarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #1050 on: January 01, 2013, 08:44:53 am »

After a full two days of finding nothing but guns, butter-knives, and rocks for weapons (Because apparently steak knives and combat knives have became rare and luxurious), the zombies I every-once-in-a-while killed in my quest for survival kept tripling until a (pardon my language) frigging zombie brute came charging at me! Now, I tried to shoot it but found I was out of ammo, and realized much to my dismay that I was surrounded by many other normal Zeds, fast zombies, necromancers, you name it (except for Hulks). Perhaps it was because I accidentally broke two windows in a span of two turns?

So I did the most natural thing, I also charged the brute armed with a rock that I had since the start of the game. If death was going to greet me, then it should be in a gentlemanly fight with a brute! The first punches the brute threw at me... missed whilst I managed to hit the brute every single time until it died.

I killed... a brute, for the first time using only melee. With a rock?! Yay! Of course, my victory was short-lived as the aforementioned hordes of zombies quickly came to avenge their fallen comrade and murdered me. But still, I killed a brute with a rock! Perhaps my next character should also have high points in speed and strength whilst having almost no intelligence and perception...

This happened in Cataclysm (Roguelike), of course.
Aye, but when you play a fighter, only doors will know fear in your presence.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: January 01, 2013, 09:31:10 am »

After finding myself a wand of wishing I quickly wished for an Amulet of Unchanging. After all I had already found myself a Ring of Polymorph and a Ring of Polymorph Control, and those three items together are very powerful indeed. However, I managed to type "Amulet of Chagnign" (or somthign similar) instead, so the game gave me a random amulet. Donning it, beliveing it would lock me into my current form of a dragon, I discovered it was instead a Cursed Amulet of Strangulation. Damnit.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Whoops, wrong thread

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: January 01, 2013, 05:15:46 pm »

Newly spawned at a small point that I could see was being contested by a few enemies. I walk out of the spawn room and immediately receive a burst of plasma to my face, as a Vanu fighter is hovering literally 10 metres outside, spawncamping us.
I decide to have a bit of fun with him and come back as a heavy. I sprint out of the door and loose off a rocket from the default launcher in his general direction. I can almost sense his terror as he tries to rise away from it, but he's too slow. The rocket smacks right in to his cockpit and his craft explodes.
Suck it. I only wish pilots in this game would realise how stupid hovering is.  ;)

That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: January 01, 2013, 06:40:26 pm »

I was grinding for some sould in the Undead Parish to upgrade my new Zwiehander. With my Halbered +4 and no pants on ( for speed, of course) I slayed hollows. I worked my way past where the Iron Tusk was and thought:
" Hey, isn't there a Black Knight up there?"
It took me a bit to lure him down, but with five or so pokes I struck him down.
What do I find?
A Black Knight Greatsword, of course.
I can't use it, but once I can it will go great with my new Drake sword.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: January 01, 2013, 06:47:31 pm »

I was grinding for some sould in the Undead Parish to upgrade my new Zwiehander. With my Halbered +4 and no pants on ( for speed, of course) I slayed hollows. I worked my way past where the Iron Tusk was and thought:
What do I find?
Lucky bastard.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: January 02, 2013, 12:08:15 am »

What do I find?
What game was this?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: January 02, 2013, 12:14:31 am »

What do I find?
What game was this?
Dark Souls
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: January 02, 2013, 01:43:36 am »

What do I find?
What game was this?
Dark Souls

Yeah... I need to get working on that game again. Atm just got Hollow warrior shield and reinforced club.

Bikari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: January 02, 2013, 08:49:25 am »

Me being the prideful masochist I am after getting my ass handed to me by the very same Black Knight above ( On that note, I learned the hard way not to trust other players or their messages at all with 'Chest Ahead' on the stairs of that tower D: ) decided to go back to fight him again FOR HONOUR'S SAKE ( and my souls .. So many farmed souls ; - ; ) because no game is gunna beat me, and not taking a single hit during the fight ( knight shield, winged spear and the wanderer's starter armor ), then going on to destroy the Bell Gargoyles and dancing to myself when I finally rang the Bell of Awakening.... Now.. Blight town.. Expect a lot of posts in the 'how did you last die' thread beginning with 'So in blight town...'

Now I also have to run around like a headless chicken and figure out how I can get my hands on sorceries D:

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: January 02, 2013, 09:16:37 am »

Spoiler alert.
Spoiler: Spoiler alert (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Game (click to show/hide)

E:
I got a headshot kill. With a rocket launcher.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 11:05:26 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: January 02, 2013, 11:07:04 pm »

1 Molotov, took out probably a couple hundred zeds, 2 megamalls, and 3 houses (one with a giant wasp nest inside so thats probably about a dozen wasps too)

I just accidentally a neighborhood.

Game = Cataclysm
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: January 02, 2013, 11:10:33 pm »

Sigh. Shotgun. It's always this little beastie. They gave me a rocket launcher, a particle gun that vaporizes the enemy except for their skeleton, and a man-portable tank-cannon, but the shotgun is STILL the nastiest gun in the game. Twelve foot tall mecha rolling in a pair? Shotgun. Forty Replica Elites with aforementioned tank-cannons and particle guns? Shotgun.

Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: January 03, 2013, 08:57:25 pm »

Started in the evac center and immediately there was a pack of wolves outside. My starting NPC gets destroyed by the wolves, so I take her butcher knife and kill the entire pack without taking any damage.

Cataclysm

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #1063 on: January 03, 2013, 09:17:31 pm »

Yeah, Wolves are placated by meat, so once they had the corpse of your NPC to feast on they started ignoring you :P
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: January 11, 2013, 11:58:35 am »

This was influenced more by luck than skill, but...

5 Thin Men in a tight cluster. 1 heavy with a rocket launcher that had upgraded area of effect.

Cost me 10 weapon fragments, but totally worth it.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 711