Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1330803 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #735 on: October 06, 2012, 11:14:14 am »

The brotherhood sent me to find out what happened to one of our sisters. Questioning her cousin led me to a remote tower in the middle of bumfuck nowhere where her last mission was. I went through, slaughtering everything in my path. About halfway through, however something happened. My mind became filled with visions of the full moon, and my body became twisted, more muscular. My body became covered in thick fur(well, being a Nord, a little more so ;}), and my hands, well, they were now claws. I had become a hunter of the night, a werewolf. And in my new form, I began ripping through the rest of the dungeon at a much reduced pace(before the transformation, I had two daedric sabers). Fortunately, few of the human and orc enemies could harm me(most of them lack silver or better weapons).

Eventually, I found my lost sister. Only, her previous target happened to be a vampire, and had shared his curse with her. And she, in her crazed bloodlust, intended to share her dark gift with me. I had to refuse. Violently. And that began the epic battle, replayed throughout history and both good(Underworld) and bad(Twilight) movies and literature. The battle between Vampire and Lycanthrope.

The battle drew on for ages(claws did piss damage to her, and my hand-to-hand skill is 4%), and I won because I managed to regain control of my humanity(repeatedly, to exploit the fact that using the spell that transforms you back restores you HP) long enough to pull a daedric saber out and strike her down with it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: October 07, 2012, 03:35:12 am »

I managed to get 95 kills in a few minutes. I'm rather surprised, considering last time I played I couldn't hit a fish taken out of a barrel, nailed to a wall, and shot at point-blank range.

ArmA 2's multiplayer.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 03:37:30 am by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: October 07, 2012, 09:02:52 pm »

3 British Frigates vs a dozen French Brigs.

3 brigs were captured. A fourth escaped. The rest sank.

Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: October 08, 2012, 12:04:31 am »

Empire always crashes for me every time I seige a town. D:
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: October 08, 2012, 12:14:48 am »

I'm sorry D:
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: October 12, 2012, 11:30:02 am »

Needing to expand territory by a lot, I noticed that the Great Power of Haxaco had a weaker military than mine. I landed with nothing more than 10 regiments of Regulars and one light artillery on three ships-of-the-line. The first two provinces gave me much-needed access to iron and gold, and subsequent provinces gave me a whole lot of everything else. Before long, their capital fell with little effort. Almost the entire continent fell soon after, with Devron snatching the last bit before I could. Bastards.

Following this, and enjoying the huge amount of industrial growth that followed(maybe not huge, for a while, my military and industry were rated "fair" compared to the "great" and "excellent" rating of the other powers"), traitorous Dinn began making severely overt diplomatic takeovers on every one of my main trade partners, colonizing most of them. Despite being allied with them, and the alliance being maintained during the war with Haxaco, this was absolutely unacceptable. To survive, indeed actually survive, I would have to invade Dinn.

I spent much capital in upgrading our industrial capacity. Funnily, Dinn sold us much of the steel and food for this. This industrial growth in the capital also fostered much growth in the provinces, strengthening my industrial base even more. The only difficult part was importing enough iron and coal to keep up armaments production. Most producers of both had either been invaded or colonized(mostly by Dinn). Even so, it was not long before I sextupled the size of my army, creating 10 regiments of Grenadiers, 20 Regulars, and 5 light artillery regiments. My fleet had been expanded 4-fold.

Next came the invasion. Dinn had no idea we were coming. Before my fleets had arrived in the designated spot, I officially declared war. Then, the fleets established a landing point two provinces north of Dinn City. Within six months, we were in their capital. But the fight wasn't quite over.

Despite the difficulty at taking their capital city(which had just upgraded to a level 2 fort), we won. However, reinforcements had arrived, trapping us within the city. They had set up two lines of infantry, with heavy artillery between. Our light artillery could not move out to engage their guns without taking fire from the forward infantry. I had hoped that they would push forward, allowing my troops to open fire as they advanced. Didn't happen, they just sat there, bombarding their own capital. They wanted me to come out and meet them. So I did.

The charge was ugly, but we came out swinging. We had the advantages of numbers and generally better experience, but our troops were battered(mostly by their artillery). Even so, our supierior numbers allowed up to focus fire on individual enemy regiments, taking them out of the fight. Some were wiped out, others broke ranks and fled. By the end of it, most of their artillery was destroyed, and about half of their regiments were wiped out, and the rest running. Our losses were 3 light artillery, and 4 Regulars.

At sea, we broke their fleets without any of our ships sunk, but the damage was pretty high overall.

The battle drew on for ages(claws did piss damage to her, and my hand-to-hand skill is 4%)
I should correct this, I had H2H skill in the low 30s. 4 was just the damage output, which is also shown on the skill screen.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: October 12, 2012, 11:39:20 am »

Not my ownage, but somebody elses.
So, we are at esamir, tr warpgate. Nothing to do. So somebody lands a plane on another plane IN FUCKING MIDAIR
Then suddenly, a third plane comes by and pushes the other plane off.
It was glorious

Alright, same game.
An infiltrator rolls out on a flash from the TR warpgate. We all see him, and then he jumps off and then he dissapears. I see the red arrow for a few seconds, so now i know his location. The problem is, he is at the other side of the road, and i would be visible if i tried to cross the road, he's got a sniper and i dont. I do it anyway. I duck behind rocks as much as possible. Note, i am playing combat medic.
I finally arrive at his rock and give his flash a quick look, try to hear some bleeps or something because it could have a infantry detection upgrade. Thankfully, nothing. He didnt see me. I peek over his rock and shoot him with my rifle.
Havent felt so badass in a long time.

same game as above.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 11:45:18 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: October 12, 2012, 11:54:00 am »

I'm sorry D:
Mine used to do that, but I got that fixed by updating my video drivers. Now it's just being plain weird. Example

Enemy sails ahead. Open fire.
1. It's a siege
2. There's no water nearby
3. You're George washingon.

Anyway, managed to take out the enemy defensive force of about 600 man with only 50 losses. The Defensive AI is just plain weird. (I mean, you got an artillery fort, get on those walls and use it.) I had my men climb on the walls and then take potshots at the defenders.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: October 13, 2012, 12:01:03 pm »

Selling one load of tomatoes, and nearly doubling my cash(tomoatoes gave over $20k). Even more, I think I'm figuring this game out, finally. I can't grow lettuce or onions worth crap, and and sorghum just doesn't sell high, but at least now I know that tomotoes and strawberries are serious cash crops for some reason.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: October 13, 2012, 12:11:26 pm »

Magnataur Ult into a 5 man Black Hole with a Lich ult just for good measure instant GG.
oh also I was Magnataur
Edit: oops
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 04:15:55 pm by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: October 13, 2012, 01:10:40 pm »

Was overloading a shield gen wit hanother guy. While i run inside, i get shot a little bit. I knwo somebody is coming. I quickly slide some C4 under the shield gen (its in a corner the shooter has to pass to get to us). The shooter comes to us, ready to throw a grenade, i press the button and blow him up.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Smashness

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:SLEEP:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: October 14, 2012, 05:11:50 pm »

Took my first Chariot and conquered the Romans with it.

One Chariot.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: October 14, 2012, 05:14:09 pm »

Magnataur Ult into a 5 man Black Hole with a Lich ult just for good measure instant GG.
oh also I was Magnataur
Edit: oops

When Magnus came out, I was surprised that none of the casters / experts I knew of mentioned the synergy with Enigma's ult. To me, it was plainly obviously. Glad you could use it :D

The Lich ult on top of that, haha instead teamwipe. Even against a Skelly King with Heart.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #748 on: October 16, 2012, 03:05:39 pm »

Last night, playing CounterStrike:Global Offensive in arms race mode. Got 7 kills in a row in less than 12 seconds. The guy on the other team said over voice chat: "this, na.. dak... aye? guy is really pissing me off. He kills me every time.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Smashness

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:SLEEP:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: October 16, 2012, 05:39:31 pm »

Last night, playing CounterStrike:Global Offensive in arms race mode. Got 7 kills in a row in less than 12 seconds. The guy on the other team said over voice chat: "this, na.. dak... aye? guy is really pissing me off. He kills me every time.
How is that you owning?  :P

Anyway, last time I owned was in Brink when I disguised as some dude named "Bay" and kicked his team-mate in the face and rained fire and bullets on him when he fell.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 711