Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 712

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1333796 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #360 on: January 28, 2012, 07:45:10 pm »

Took out a total of 38 enemy warships with a 5-ship cruiser group supported in the inital JP assault by an 8-ship missile frigate group, all in roughly six minutes, with nothing more than minor armor damage to my CLs.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: January 31, 2012, 05:25:31 pm »

I (playing as the English) got tired of the Milanese constantly harassing me and the Pope telling me he'd excommunicate me if I fought back.  So I took the deepest revenge I could get.  The beautiful city of Milan (which I took a while ago) I have thus re-christened as the mighty city of "New Britishburg" to the disgust of all of Europe.

Strangely is the French who keep laying siege to it now.  Maybe it offends their sensibilities?

Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #362 on: January 31, 2012, 06:52:39 pm »

So like, I was playing Mount and Blade: Warband, and just got into a fight. Hawses vs hawses. So obviously, I take a potshot at the approaching group with my dismal crossbow skill from a really long distance (crosshair was several times larger than the whole horse, with a lot of air between riders). Cue the bolt striking an enemy right in the fucking face, killing him instantly and sending his hawse galloping madly around the battlefield, because its rider just flopped off like a dead fish. I swear it was the most glorious thing I ever saw from that game. Plus I got like 12 crossbow levels with that single potshot. GLORY.

That's not the most recent one, though. Nay! Most recently, I beat dark chapter 5 in Super Crossfire on ace difficulty. GLORY.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: January 31, 2012, 08:49:47 pm »

Got ambushed by a pack of wolves while trying to find an entrance to a fortress. Cue one-shotting half the pack with my great axe.

Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: January 31, 2012, 09:10:21 pm »

Hammerfight is full of these. Most recently, I rammed myself into the point of an enemy's sword so hard that he exploded. Somehow, I came out unscathed.

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: January 31, 2012, 11:17:39 pm »

I was playing Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 (yes, that is a real game) with my brother on the Wii. He was playing as Vegeta and I was playing as Krillin. He was kicking my ass, and decided to transform into a Great Ape to rub his victory in my face. The transformation gave him a big enough hitbox so that I could hit with my Destructo-Disc super move. Pwnage.
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: February 01, 2012, 01:30:43 am »

I set my DPI to 100 in Hammerfight, then took out a huge mace and started swinging.
Queue hitting an enemy so hard slowmo starts, then getting more slowmo by exploding everybody else in one hit.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: February 01, 2012, 10:20:24 am »

I set my DPI to 100 in Hammerfight, then took out a huge mace and started swinging.
Queue hitting an enemy so hard slowmo starts, then getting more slowmo by exploding everybody else in one hit.

Hahaha a friend of mine noticed that hammerfight was detecting the analogs his old PS1 controllers hooked up to his PC as two extra mice.  First thing he did was accidentally ram into that other guy in the first plot mission bodily so hard that he flew off the screen.  And no, he dd not lead with the weapon.  When I saw it I started cracking up.

Hammerfight does seem to respond oddly to unusual mouse settings or unexpected equipment.  But at least it's a funny oddly and not a oh god horrible crash oddly.  (Well there IS crashing involved, just not computer crashing)
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: February 01, 2012, 10:26:45 am »

I was playing Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 (yes, that is a real game) with my brother on the Wii. He was playing as Vegeta and I was playing as Krillin. He was kicking my ass, and decided to transform into a Great Ape to rub his victory in my face. The transformation gave him a big enough hitbox so that I could hit with my Destructo-Disc super move. Pwnage.
With the hitboxes and slow speed of great apes along with the unblockability of the disc, it's not really surprising that you won.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: February 01, 2012, 10:56:35 am »

Finished off the Destroyer with a flurry of berserk explosive punches.

--Borderlands, playing as Brick.

Yes, I literally punched out Cthulhu:P

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: February 04, 2012, 02:38:29 pm »

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: February 04, 2012, 02:57:11 pm »

In Fortune Summoners, my party of three pre-teen girls utterly mopped the floor with three Orgs, taking minimal damage and scoring a massive 18-hit combo. The whole thing was over in less than a minute, and since I was wielding Org Slayer
it felt oh-so-satisfying.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: February 09, 2012, 09:23:22 am »

First, I was experimenting on a clown. She overdosed on mutagen and space drugs, but got healed. Then, shortly after, a xenomorph came in and killed me. I was cloned, but THEN, Scott Hawker came in and tried to kill me. He got me down to critical, but a medic saved me. Me and the same medic went and chased him. He threw acid on us, but we cornered him and beat him to death. We then chucked his corpse into disposal. Soon after, I saw the warden arrest random people. Eventually he arrested me, but my chemist partner, Joesph Smith saved me, who was then arrested. Shortly after, he came back and arrested me. We were thrown in a prison cell together and eventually I said "When he comes in, disarm him". The warden didn't like this at all, and came in. I grabbed him by the neck and Joesph attacked him with his own stun baton. Eventually, he stopped fighting and succumbed to death. I grabbed his card and made my way off.

This is ownage for me, because I usually can't fight in SS13 for shit. And I broke out of the brig without a single wound.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: February 10, 2012, 02:03:23 pm »

As Rome in RTW+RSII, I took 3000 men to fight the Dacians. I used 3000 (1 stack) men to kill 6000 (3 full stacks), on the freaking attack and up a hill. Their forces were primarily cavalry and horse archers, mine were primarily heavy infantry. I win. You cannot say that that's not a feat.

...However, the game would beg to differ. It says this is an "Average" victory.

Really? I kill twice my number with troops not even suited for the job uphill and it's an average victory? I wreck 3/5 full stacks they have with just one and it's an average victory? I cause so many casualties that the AI decides by itself that it needs to GTFO without routing even when I'm on my last stretch and surrounded and that's an average victory? Urgh... game, you suck.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: February 10, 2012, 02:07:32 pm »

Well, if you only have ten guys after a fight like that, you still took a ton of casualties. They may still have several armies left, and you've got ten guys.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 712