Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1333769 times)

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #345 on: November 30, 2011, 09:13:19 pm »

Hmm, not sure this is literally the last time I owned in a game, but it's probably the thing I'm most proud of.  And not all that long ago anyway.

I beat the first four Megaman X games while getting the least amount of upgrades possible and never using boss weaknesses.  That probably doesn't sound all that hard, but I suggest anyone who is familiar with the games to give it a try.  The first two in particular are quite brutal when trying this.  Sigma is a grueling fight when you can only take a couple of hits without dying.

If you're proficient at the games, you'll probably cruise up to Sigma like I did.  Then the game just kind of kicks you in the nuts.  X3 in particular was bad here, it took me a while to figure out how to dodge Sigma's attacks without airdashing.  I literally thought it was impossible for a while.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #346 on: December 01, 2011, 01:12:45 pm »

Came upon a small camp in the wilds nestled in the hollow of a rocky overhang. I counted 5 people, all outlaw mages. Most of the people were asleep with one on watch.

I walked in and opened with a lightningbolt to the face of the one on guard which quickly alerted his companions. I finished him with channeled two-fisted lightning and quickly raised his corpse before it struck the ground. He immediately summoned a fire elemental and set upon his slowly awakening companions. I turned to the next and dual-cast a lightning bolt which shattered the ward he had hastily thrown up and felled him where he stood. The other three mages were by this time exchanging fire with the zombie mage I had raised and his summoned elemental.

I moved in to assist and switched to fireballs. Charging a fireball in each hand, I loosed them in a spread intended to catch all three enemy mages. They both detonated more or less simultaneously and did a bit more damage than I intended, blasting all 3 enemy mages as well as my raised zombie clear out of the light of the campfire, I never found their corpses and they likely flew off a nearby cliff.

As the dust cleared, I walk calmly over to the chest nearby and open it up. A poorly-placed trap flings a dart over my head and I escape with tasty loot. Take that outlaws!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: December 03, 2011, 01:29:30 pm »

I had figured 20mm Flak guns would do wonderful things to infantry, but goddamn.

Belgium assault against Germany, playing as Germany. I had one rifle platoon, a single fortified AT gun emplacement, a infantry-support tank section(two tanks), a 20mm Flak section(two units as well), a mortar group, one 155mm gun, and a two-man FO unit. They had about 8 companies of Riflemen and Engineers(I think that's a full division?), 8 light tanks for infantry support, and a single offboard 77mm battery.

They lost 217 men and 4 tanks, I lost three men. Two were from one squad that I accidentally moved out of cover, the other was one of the Flak gun crewmen. And one of the tanks had a gun malfunction. About half of their casualties were from the Flak guns, both of which were covering my entire southern flank by themselves, and most the rest of the kills were from my 155mm arty. There were three groups of objectives, two were clustered together so I concentrated my forces there. The Flak guns kept the enemy off the the southern group, until they were blinded by smoke from their 77mm battery(which was otherwise a terrible shot). And even then, they were stopped from taking the spot by a few mines I had the foresight to place. As if I was going to leave such an open gap in my defenses without having a little surpise for them.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: December 03, 2011, 01:39:16 pm »

I cast Water Bolt at the Wall of Flesh!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: December 03, 2011, 06:51:29 pm »

Repeatedly killed people through stone walls. Without hacking, by the way.

Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: December 04, 2011, 12:26:57 am »

I knew about how much I was gonna lose, but I took the risk.

Played X2, jumped into my Collosus, maxed out its' shields, put weapons in its' gun slots, told the 1st Devil Regiment to hold position at a jumpgate near a Xenon sector. The plan was for me to jump in with 30 fighters, a mix of M3's and M4's, and have whatever is in there close in on us, while having the 2nd Devil Platoon, accomponied by 2 Teladi M1's, jump in from the other side, and destroy their factories and shipyards. Well, we jumped in, and somehow I ordered the Platoon to jump in first, so they pretty much swarmed them. As I'm facepalming, I just say 'fuck it' and order the 1st Regiment to assist the 2nd, and I began to attack the stations, using my own hanger fighters, all M5 discoverers, to help me take out the factories.

In the end, we won, but it came at a pretty steep price for my fleet: 12 M4's 7 M3's, and both of my M1's. I think what helped me was that some of my M3's had Hornet missiles. On top of that, it's gonna cost me a few mil to replace EVERYTHING they had. But hey, the good thing is that I now own my own system.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: December 04, 2011, 12:48:01 am »

Walked one man outside the dropship, fired three rounds, all hit xenos, one turn mission over.

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: December 04, 2011, 01:26:41 am »

It was the dead of night. Wind wisped past. The smell of clear, cool air and frozen country side seemed to fill and chill my being. I was silently moving through the bushes on a rocky pass, the cliff just a bare few feet from the path, I kept on the side away. I knew this path was dangerous. Both in make of the path and the company that travels it. Rocks always shift beneath your feet, or tumble from high above. And in these vast canyons you could sometimes hear a faint, far away cry. And tremble, for you knew that somewhere in that horrible expanse one of the dov were unleashing a torrent of flame on a new victim. And you wondered, what if next time that victim is you. To add to the dangers, the men inhabiting these lands were as wild and dangerous as the Dragons who called it "home", and these vicious killers always frequented these frozen paths. Hoping to find a new prize to take home. A purse of gold, your head or, if they were a lover of the arcane arts, your soul.

As these thoughts tortured my mind, I noticed a faint glow coming from down the path. I saw torches ahead. Bandits were approaching. I knew they would see me, they would try to kill me. Destroy me. There was no cover, nowhere to hide. I couldn't avoid this encounter. What else could I do but stand and make myself known, and face this rabble of senseless violence. Honour and pride demanded that I meet them. I moved quietly to the centre of the path, keeping my weapons sheathed. They slowly approached, slowly coming into view. They came closer, and the glow from their torches grew on my face. As they spotted me, they drew their weapons and formed deadly grins on their wicked faces. Then, as though imbued with the collective rage and greed of generations of poor and sickly ancestors, oppressed by a horrible system that makes men despise another, they broke into a full sprint directly at mFUS RO DAH
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 02:00:11 am by zehive »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: December 26, 2011, 01:08:27 pm »

Hit an MiB in the balls. With his car. And it was pretty hard, too. Hard enough to deflect the car, causing it to flip over his partner, missing him completely(I meant to hit both of them). The guy I hit died, though. Then I disintegrated his partner.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #354 on: December 30, 2011, 11:25:19 pm »

Set up north of Sedan with my squadmates, trying to spot incoming enemy tanks on the west side of the river (the city was contested, we owned the east side, they owned the west). The enemy came around the riverbend further north to flank our holdings. I dropped to the ground, laid next to a tree and downed four moving infantry at 300 meters with my ironsights and took out an enemy AT gun they had brought up. Unfortunately I was flanked and killed.

Respawned, went back north and set up in a ditch on the side of the hill overlooking the enemy's northern advance. Over the course of 18 minutes, shot and killed 11 enemy infantry (also at about 300 meters) and wounded one. I was again eventually flanked, because I was the only one that far north.

Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: December 31, 2011, 01:02:08 am »

Alright, so I'm playing Skyrim right? You know, arrows in the knee and sweetrolls and other hilarious things people say? They're in that game! Anyway, spoilers ahead for a quest. I take bounties a lot and I got this one to massacre this bandit chief in a cave. Simple, right? Well basically the guy was a captain of this crew or something, who gives a shit I killed them all. At the same time I was doing this quest for this argonian, where I have to help them crash a ship or something so they can loot it and steal everything because they are dirty rotten thieving argonians. I find the captain's journal and it actually tells me about that same argonian, and it's saying they're looking for a scapegoat for their next scheme! It was obviously going to be me, so I followed through with the quest anyway and crashed the ship.

When I got to the location of the ship, the same pirate crew was there but they were all super nice to me because I was basically their accomplice right now. But not for long I figured. So I trapped the entire ship with fire runes because I just KNEW they were going to kill me. They tried and failed. Another dirty rotten argonian had a note on her saying that the other argonian was supposed to stash the loot at that SAME CAVE the pirate crew was hiding in. LITTLE DID HE KNOW HE WOULD HAVE NO PIRATES TO PROTECT HIM THERE, HAR HAR

He died unloved and alone in a dirty hole like a reptile thing.

WAH HA HA HA HA HAAAAA

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: January 02, 2012, 01:47:31 pm »

There are few games that make me want to destroy me TV, and almost actively attempt to. The Armored Core series is one of them. Anyway, I finally get to the final mission of AC3.
Spoiler: Ending spoilers (click to show/hide)
Hell yes, awesome win. I went in with a tread-legged heavy AC armed with a bazooka equipped on my hand, and a plasma cannon and pulse cannon on my shoulders, built primarily for killing other ACs.

Oh, in another game, I jumped out of a helicopter onto a boat. The boat's driver panicked, and tried to jump in the water, but I shot him instead.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: January 28, 2012, 12:22:00 pm »

Bumping, because I shot down an AC10 Thunderbolt in a Hind.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: January 28, 2012, 04:17:53 pm »

About 1/3 of the memorable moments in Spelunky. the other 2/3 are YASDs.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: January 28, 2012, 07:33:13 pm »

Deidrianna sent 12 guys to steal Drassen's Airport from me.  So I sent 2 and shot them all in the middle of the night - a sneaky sniper (with no rifle yet :\) and a night operative.

The night op got shot and went to like 2-hp-from-dead, but the sniper immediately turned around, blasted the dude, and patched her up before she could even think about kicking the bucket.

Got some militia there, now, so hopefully that bloody rifle gets here soon.

I suppose the time my demoman, all alone in the middle sector of town training militia, got attacked counts too.  Only a couple lame grenades and stun grenades left for him, but he managed to kill 4 dudes without the aid of night or silencers with them and his rifle.

Jagged Alliance 2 1.13.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 711