Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1329458 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #3675 on: December 30, 2014, 12:03:09 am »

Putma celebrity through what amounts to a NASA G-force endurance test.
The game calls it a stratocoaster.

Roller Coaster Tycoon 3
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Knick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3676 on: December 30, 2014, 05:30:54 pm »

Shock, frost, then shouted him off a cliff.

The bandit chief in Whitewater Overlook.  Skyrim.

(Except I could not find the body, and missed the loot.)
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day.  Light a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
The great Dwarfen Philosopher Urist McConfused said it best:  "Light a kitten on fire and it will run screaming into the booze stockpile and catch the whole fort up.  I know, we tested it in twelve different forts and it always happened."

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3677 on: December 30, 2014, 06:21:51 pm »

A random 81-year-old macedwarf became the king.

A winner is me.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3678 on: December 31, 2014, 10:10:45 pm »

Rescued Ludwig Kerman from his lonely orbit around the mun.

Now he's in a slightly less lonely orbit around kerbin, but that's not the point. The point is that there's a man-made object full of life-support and uneaten rations, empty of fuel, without any visible corpses, simply floating around the Mun. Being there. Plans to name it Object 01 - YUI is underway.

Kerbal Space Program. A game about SCIENCE and how the data inside the astronauts head is more valuable than the combined value of the astronaut and his craft.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3679 on: December 31, 2014, 10:21:14 pm »

After my difficulty fighting the Black Mage, I feared the worst when it came time to fight the Knight. Thankfully, I needn't have worried! I used what I had learned about the combat system, and by turning Ringabel into a Black Mage himself I was able to toast the Knight and his two companions with repeated lightning strikes while Agnes kept everyone in fighting fit because I had learned that you can Cure the entire party at once. Not one party member even dropped below half HP.

Bravely Default
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3680 on: December 31, 2014, 11:04:34 pm »

Went to destroy the Sword of ScrotumCrota. Had to fight three Swarm Princes and their alien-zombie-something minions. The Swarm Princes basically have to be headshotted for me to do any damage to them, and they have more health than the human population has nipples.
It took me 30-40 minutes to kill just one of them by abusing their AI, making them jump into some object that bounces them, stuns them while they compute what the fuck just happened, headshotting them for measly damage and repeating.
I had to do this three times without dying. I had montage music and everything.

Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3681 on: January 01, 2015, 05:01:52 am »

There were five dudes standing on point A.
I fired a grenade.
It had crits.
C:

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3682 on: January 01, 2015, 05:06:13 am »

Kerbal Space Program. A game about SCIENCE and how the data inside the astronauts head is more valuable than the combined value of the astronaut and his craft.
I always thought they just printed out a bunch of data and stuffed it in their pockets.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3683 on: January 01, 2015, 06:19:21 am »

That sounds like fanart is required.

"No matter the cost, no matter the lives lost..."

"WE SHALL FIGHT FOR OUR !!SCIENCE!!"
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3684 on: January 01, 2015, 08:10:42 am »

The intelligence has returned to our base.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3685 on: January 01, 2015, 11:27:50 am »

I have changed a tire on my car.  I am now the master of my own destiny as I have successfully performed basic repairs on a vehicle under my care without assistance1.   My father would be proud.

Real life, version 0.9.98.010.2015a

1 I did use my dad's power tools for the task, but with my dad not being around anymore I consider finding and figuring out how to use the pneumatic wrench thingy in the garage full of unidentified tools balances it out.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 11:31:43 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3686 on: January 01, 2015, 11:32:32 am »

Further to my previous character's huge martial skill, his son managed to create the Empire of Scandinavia. I was worried that he would die before I could do it, and thus lose the Kingdoms of Denmark and Sweden to succession(you require 80% of all the county titles that make up the empire, and losing two kingdoms would basically result in the loss of half of them) so I had to risk a truce breaker to get the counter over 80% (this is bad, all the people in your religion don't like you too much after, and you lose a significant chunk of your diplomacy skill. These last five years each) that I've never had to do before.

Fifteen years hence this character managed to reform Germanic Paganism, and is now the Fylkir, head of the religion. Lots of temple looting, even to the point of sacking Rome, and now I can work my way toward adopting Feudalism or Tribalism, so I can eventually change these ridiculous succession laws.

Crusader Kings 2
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3687 on: January 01, 2015, 01:41:15 pm »

Chapter 11. Finished grinding my preferred characters and was going to make the last stand against Gangrel.

We get halfway down the battlefield. Libra clears some space for Chrom to get at Gangrel and Frederick softens him up a bit. I have Chrom paired up with his wife and equipped with a spear, counting on the highly probable dual strike to finish the Mad King.

Then, Chrom gets ready to stab, and the best thing happens.

"YOUR END HAS COME!"
Critical hit!
Gangrel dies!

That's it. Screw Frederick or Lon'qu being the badasses, it's Chrom. That didn't just take the cake, that grabbed the cake and chucked it against a wall, then baked a new cake ten times as good, then ate that cake like a boss.

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3688 on: January 01, 2015, 05:33:20 pm »

I always noticed that Lon'qu was only a badass because he had a good sword equipped when you recruit him. The Killing Edge he has gets a huge crit bonus. If you give him a different sword, he's not quite as effective.

Fredrick, though, is fucking unkillable. His defense and attack are so high that when I was playing on Classic mode, I just brought him along all the time to get in front of everyone who was about to die.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3689 on: January 01, 2015, 05:37:58 pm »

And here I never use Frederick. He's an EXP sponge for units that could actually use the EXP :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 711