Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1329428 times)

blazing glory

Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #3705 on: January 02, 2015, 06:00:20 am »

Owning went on both sides, the battle went on forever, and both sides had lost almost everyone, the enemy general (as in, himself, all the bodyguards were dead, he managed to Mountain Blade through roughly 40 archers and 20 spear-men before he died.

Then my single armored swordsman Mountain Bladed through 10 or so ballista crewmen, not quite as impressive but still, unfortunately he went down when he tried to take on 15 trebuchet crewmen, he had 23 out of arrow archers as support but they ran away when a ballista bolt killed one (or two) of them during the charge.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And then the Polish got another somewhat smaller army to lay siege right after that.

Joy.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3706 on: January 03, 2015, 12:04:53 am »

Finally got my stepbrother's Destiny to download. Time to start a new character and kick ass with him!

Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3707 on: January 03, 2015, 02:25:48 am »

I DID IT

I BEAT SUPER MARIO BROS 3

The ending was hilarious.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Audioworm333

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: weirdness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3708 on: January 03, 2015, 02:26:00 pm »

You know that one enemy with dual rocket launchers or something? That really fat guy? Don't remember what he's called, but I ripped one apart with my bare hands.

I didn't really understand why I died until I discovered I was teleporting my own spine into my enemies' body as a primary way of attack.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3709 on: January 03, 2015, 05:38:31 pm »

You know that one enemy with dual rocket launchers or something? That really fat guy? Don't remember what he's called, but I ripped one apart with my bare hands.

You punched out a mancubus? I'm impressed. With or without berserk upgrade? Without deserves a cookie. Next challenge: punch out arachnitrons.  I've got a handful of punch-outs of those brainy bastards. Plenty of bullet dodging and slaloming to get the job done right. I think I did something of the sort when I did a fists-only run of a level (much easier with the aid of a berserk pack). Ultimate challenge: Fists only in Dead Simple (level 7) in Doom II; bonus if done in UV difficulty.

My Own:
Though I still lost enough to lose some points in the ranked matches, I managed to go from the far edge of a screen, distantly away from the pack, all the way to a comfortable lead (about nearly 2 screens worth of travel; first to catch up, and another to lead) within 15 seconds on a relatively difficult level (Nightclub, I think; average difficulty by-level design standards), where dealing with Advanced League players are concerned (higher ranking players get mean here, so average-difficulty by-level, insanely difficult with the experienced players that favor this level.), and won the match.

It was so impressive, I got "Wow."-level reactions from the other Advanced League (Level 3, 1500+ points to reach) players, as if I wasn't taking them seriously in the earlier matches, and I decided to mimic a TAS run in my skill level for that run.

EDIT:
I've noticed that in intense enough matches, I tend to comment "Not efficient enough!" when I race, but lose a match. To hear that comment, and especially after witnessing something like that happen, I can imagine how other players must react to that statement.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 07:53:33 pm by Itnetlolor »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3710 on: January 06, 2015, 12:00:42 pm »

I got to piecemeal Sitting Bull's lands away him piecemeal with a combination of archers/axemen.  He, of course, spammed his own dog soldiers, which require no bronze.  Im 95% certain we share an island off the Pangaea (70% certain about pangean.  One can never be quite sure).
  Its been three wars, and I'm still able to erect a facade economy in the 20 turn peacetimes.

CIV.  That that, you turtling liitle shit spy spammer!
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3711 on: January 06, 2015, 03:48:58 pm »

Accidentally triggered Visas Marr before I was ready to fight her, got my ass handed to me a few times. Then, by wearing two Arkanian Energy Shields and reactivating them every 3 rounds so I was never unshielded, while also hyped up on a ton of stims, spamming Force Lightning whenever my points came back, I finally beat her. This game is moving at a breakneck pace compared to how it usually goes; maybe I'm just better at it than I was when I last played? ???

KOTOR 2 plus Restored Content. Her scripted Fear attack once she reaches half-health is scary as hell if you're unprepared, I thought the game was crashing for a second.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3712 on: January 06, 2015, 04:35:00 pm »

Beat some of my old, already very good times by whole seconds (1-3 overall), since previous optimizing last night. Still leagues away from the world records though. Not even the top-15.

Lovely Planet

A rather Katamari-ish FPS. Simple, yet addictive.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 04:43:16 pm by Itnetlolor »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3713 on: January 06, 2015, 04:46:14 pm »

Last night I was wandering about the city when I noticed another player coming towards me.
Figuring he had unpleasant intentions in mind, especially given that he'd been killing a bunch of other people according to the kill feed, I ducked into cover on the other side of a building from him and readied my shotgun. Unfortunately for me, this cheap bastard just lobbed a sticky bomb at me without breaking cover, detonating it and killing me instantly. ::)

So, a short while after that I tracked him down in my vaguely banana-like car, floored it towards his parked car (which he was taking cover behind in the middle of a road, doubtless preparing to detonate more sticky bombs) and riddled him with bullets before speeding off into the sunset.

A bit later, when I was busy smashing up my car, I shot some other guy I passed who happened to have a bounty set on him.
I heard him say something like, "That's not fair!" through the chat, and actually planned on sending him a message to apologize... until he came after me a while later, when I was riding along on my moped, minding my own business.
I was just trying to drive the thing into the nearby ocean before quitting when this guy sped up in his car and started shooting me out of nowhere. I managed to quickly scoot in behind a concrete pillar, whip out my shotgun then pop out and blast him in the face.

I heard him shouting incoherently into his mic for a brief moment, then dumped my scooter in the sea and went to bed. :P

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3714 on: January 06, 2015, 04:59:12 pm »

Beat some of my old, already very good times by whole seconds (1-3 overall), since previous optimizing last night. Still leagues away from the world records though. Not even the top-15.

Lovely Planet

A rather Katamari-ish FPS. Simple, yet addictive.

I don't know anything about lovely planet. but I love your christmas avatar.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3715 on: January 06, 2015, 07:43:02 pm »

Finally assembled my arsenal made entirely of different UZIs. Since I chose the scout class, I get an 8x damage multiplier when using pistols; and for some reason, Uzis count as pistols. Considering their ridiculous fire rate (8 bullets a second) and already fast reload, this breaks the game entirely.

Regular Uzi + power/power/sniper/sniper mods. hitscan, 100% accuracy, 24x damage.
Dual Uzis: Double firing rate, double ammo capacity, 8x damage, wide spread is great for moving down groups.
Demolition Uzi: AOE. 8x damage
Plasma Uzi + sniper mod: 100% accurate, Double damage from plasma for a total of 16x armor piercing damage.
Nanomachic Uzi: Infinite ammo, since even with 150 points in the storage stat, 3000 bullets and 4500 e-cells can run out quick in wads with low ammo count.

Even a unique spider overmind with all auras on armageddon difficulty goes down in seconds.

blazing glory

« Reply #3716 on: January 06, 2015, 08:15:34 pm »

Finally assembled my arsenal made entirely of different UZIs. Since I chose the scout class, I get an 8x damage multiplier when using pistols; and for some reason, Uzis count as pistols. Considering their ridiculous fire rate (8 bullets a second) and already fast reload, this breaks the game entirely.

Regular Uzi + power/power/sniper/sniper mods. hitscan, 100% accuracy, 24x damage.
Dual Uzis: Double firing rate, double ammo capacity, 8x damage, wide spread is great for moving down groups.
Demolition Uzi: AOE. 8x damage
Plasma Uzi + sniper mod: 100% accurate, Double damage from plasma for a total of 16x armor piercing damage.
Nanomachic Uzi: Infinite ammo, since even with 150 points in the storage stat, 3000 bullets and 4500 e-cells can run out quick in wads with low ammo count.

Even a unique spider overmind with all auras on armageddon difficulty goes down in seconds.

What game be dis?

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3717 on: January 06, 2015, 08:37:53 pm »

Doom II + Doom RPG + Roguelike Arsenal + Roguelike Enemies.

Spoiler: Screenshot (click to show/hide)

It's amazing what they did with this engine.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #3718 on: January 07, 2015, 05:15:15 am »

Wow, this Doom mod mashup sounds super neat, thanks for letting me know about it, Blaze!

My most memorable own from the past few days:

So few days ago I play a pvp "Siege" type of match. It's a 4vs4 match with 2 lanes and one central dungeon. The trick is the counter each team has. Each enemy minion slain gets you 1 point, enemy champion 5 (I think) and when it reaches 100 a sort of a super minion is spawned for that team. This minion has tons of health and by default prioritizes enemy towers as target, if within firing range. Oh, there also a big monster in the jungle that, upon being killed, instantly spawns this super minion, but keeps the score. So theoretically you could have 99 points, kill that monster then kill one more minion and have 2 super minions, each pushing their own lane. But I digress.

So I play as Ymir, a tanky, melee, "guardian" type of champion. And right from the start... we are loosing. It's not THAT bad, we get a kill here and there, but the enemy team has an obvious upper hand. They probably spawn 2 or 3 super minions before our first and even then ours is quickly dealt with.

So eventually they completely destroy our left lane. They reach the Phoenix (a regenerating turret at the end of the lane), crush it and rush the Titan (if it dies, game ends). By that time, we probably voted at least twice to surrender, but with only one or two votes for "yes". So yeah, they are fighting the titan and we are fighting them in our own base. And then... and then we somehow manage to hold them off. They loose the momentum and are forced back with our titan having, what, 20% of health? Less? Well, pretty sure we lost by this point anyways, right?

WRONG. After that moment, it felt like our whole team, myself included, woke from a deep slumber. Suddenly, we are pushing. We are pushing HARD. It definitely helped that the game dragged long enough for all of us to reach the end level and despite our failings complete our item builds. Because now the real, frantic battle for supremacy starts. We strike in different lanes, sneak through jungle, gank people, do miraculous escapes, push minions out of our base in the last moments, summon siege minions again and again and then... and then we are fighting them on their own turf. One thing I was proud of was they never managed to get our other Phoenix down. They were close, but we managed to hold them off somehow. But once we got THEIR Phoenix down in the first lane, we just relentlessly pushed and pushed until their second felt down too. They managed to hold us off for a while, but time and time again we fought them and their titan until finally, we were victorious.

This was a comeback if I ever saw one.

Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3719 on: January 07, 2015, 07:46:24 am »

I was rather proud when I learned to stealth run jewellery store with just my friend and I. Now I'm stoked we can fairly easily stealth Diamond Store. Although the blatant disregard for civilian life I've grown while doing it is a bit disturbing... (frankly, the penalty for Civilian deaths is minimal when it comes to the fact that they can screw up a perfectly good run. 12 Cable Ties just aren't enough for all of them. But when you can make over half a million SPENDING cash in a single Overkill run, the 30ish thousand dollar penalty for all the kills just isn't a big deal).

Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 711