Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Embarking over an ENTIRE island.  (Read 11169 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Embarking over an ENTIRE island.
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2011, 09:06:59 pm »

Boom. Saw this thread and went searching for my own. Found it within about 10 minutes. Not that big either. Running at about 26 fps. and 1.7gb of RAM used =X

Seed?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Jfqs6m

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2011, 12:20:23 am »

<- Still kinda nooby. How do I find the maps seed? UL the whole map?

Also, I just found my second one. Unfortunately, it seems to be glitched =\

Half is like a shaft to HFS. Can barley load a 2x2 embark on it =(

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2011, 04:48:00 am »

to get the seed you should load that region in legends mode, and ex'p'ort the information. It will create .txt files in the dwarf fortress directory. one of them should be called regionX-world_gen_param, in it you will find the seeds. Paste everything in it in spoilered code tags. Then it would be nice of you to show us with a picture where exactly the location is. Just upload to something like tinypic or imageshack.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2011, 07:52:36 pm »

, so I'd have to actually upload the file, if you're interested, because it's 450kb and the majority of it is the entry for that world :P
yes i would be interested, and by the way 450kb is quite small (well you still need to upload somewhere, but that shouldn't be so hard to find i think if you really won't find i can pm you my mail and i'll host it for you)
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2011, 08:31:31 pm »

<- Still kinda nooby. How do I find the maps seed? UL the whole map?

Also, I just found my second one. Unfortunately, it seems to be glitched =\

Half is like a shaft to HFS. Can barley load a 2x2 embark on it =(
Barley-n.- A crop grown to produce consumables.

Barely-adj.- 1.Almost nothing. 2. Nothing.

Jfqs6m

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2011, 10:54:48 pm »

qwhy you so mad tough?

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2011, 10:58:11 pm »

qwhy you so mad tough?
Tough-adj.-Possessing great strength or endurance.

Though-conjunction-(used in introducing a subordinate clause, which is often marked by ellipsis) Notwithstanding that; in spite of the fact that; although.

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2011, 11:04:23 pm »

If you are genning new worlds you could try reducing cavern number and size so that there are few z-levels worth of stuff to kill your CPU and memory.
For me, turning off all caverns, magma layer and bottom layer seemed eliminate the underground altogether (1 z-level deep for the bottom of pools etc). Also, try increasing the x and y terrain height variations to the maximums of 3200, hope this makes some smaller island areas.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2011, 07:01:56 am »

How do you turn off caverns? All i could do is turn the layers above the caverns down to 1 or 2.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2011, 05:27:29 pm »

Cavern Layers = 0 (default is 3)
Magma Layer = No
Bottom Layer = No

With these settings the "z Levels above layer X" things seem to do nothing at all, you just get no underground at all (bar 1 layer required for the "inside" of rivers / pools etc)

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2011, 01:17:54 am »

Oh... cavern layers has it's own setting *facepalm*
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2011, 06:35:10 am »

just found one that fits into a 9x9, but it's a hot region with no surface water =/. i'll delay my epic fort to play around with this, for !!science!!!

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2011, 10:34:52 am »

just found one that fits into a 9x9, but it's a hot region with no surface water =/. i'll delay my epic fort to play around with this, for !!science!!!

An island with no surface water? What, is it surrounded by magma?

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2011, 11:00:26 am »

Build a well. Dwarves can drink salty well water.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2011, 02:33:37 pm »

Sure there's the ocean but i wouldn't count that as surface water :/
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4