Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 567256 times)

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #3465 on: August 21, 2013, 11:00:53 am »

i played with this a little bit and am just getting started. am i correct in noting that levelling fast is really bad cause you will get wasted. so you need to grind up your skills with slower levelling? any tips on doing this in a less grindy way? are there better ways to raise skills while limiting how fast you level?

one tip i saw in the wiki was to let the initial mobs that attack you in your home hit you for a while. run arond and heal to get skills up. this seemed rather slow and got boring. plus it also took me to level 4 even without hitting back.

snelg

• Bay Watcher
  • Hoary Marmot Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3466 on: August 21, 2013, 11:46:39 am »

Even if you wanted to lower your level there's potions for that later as well. So it's not really a worry in the beginning.
When there's no more room in the fortress, the cats will walk the earth.
Cancels writing: Interrupted by Hoary Marmot.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3467 on: August 21, 2013, 06:22:55 pm »

Do the gift items do anything?  I'm talking about the brown, square ones, not the god gifts.  I thought they were similar to Tokens of Friendship, but I gave one to an adventurer with Friend level relationship and it didn't seem to have an effect.

You mean like "Cheap Gift" or "Exciting Gift"? Give them to NPCs to increase your relationship level by a varying amount.

It's always good to have high relations with adventurers, as they can occasionally come by and have random events like giving you a gift (Which you can give right back), platinum, small medals, or offering to train you (Costing less platinum than a trainer usually).

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3468 on: August 21, 2013, 10:45:00 pm »

We have now secured a new target dummy to be practiced on for preparation FOR WORLD DOMINATION!

Or, the domination of North Tyris anyway. I should probably invade that mine town next door, whatever it's called. But then again, that one merchant there did supply a good portion of the wings my forces use. Hmmm.
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3469 on: August 23, 2013, 04:56:38 pm »

Huh my guys char screen pop up randomly and the wheel that pops up when I hit z does not work how odd.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3470 on: August 23, 2013, 05:17:37 pm »

Sounds like you have the shift/ctrl/alt/fn key locked somewhere. Press those keys, click the game window, and keep playing.

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3471 on: August 25, 2013, 02:11:56 pm »

playing elona+. the wiki says you should try to let the mobs generated in the tutorial attack you for a while to get stronger. this is long and boring. i died a few times doing it. it takes a while to heal. is it necessary to do this? The game seems really hard.

also, how do you get stronger without levelling? from what i read, if you level, mobs level and your done, so how do you slow down levelling?

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3472 on: August 25, 2013, 02:49:18 pm »

The first part is entirely unnecessary and leveling is not a game breaker anymore. You should be fine without slowing down leveling, and the game gets easier as you get familiar with it.
Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3473 on: August 25, 2013, 02:52:46 pm »

In Elona+ encounter level is tilted towards your fame, though your level contributes a relatively small amount.

Getting stronger without leveling means building up your stats/skills, which have no relation to your level at all.

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3474 on: August 25, 2013, 04:17:42 pm »

how do you build up stats/skills without levelling? when i waited and was attacked, i did not attack back./ my skills went up, but i was still levelling.

is it levelling that makes mobs harder or is it fame?

does this game have a victory?

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3475 on: August 25, 2013, 04:21:54 pm »

Mostly fame although leveling has a minor effect on it. The game does have a form of victory, but then you get dropped off on another continent where nearly everyone speaks Japanese I do believe.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3476 on: August 25, 2013, 05:20:14 pm »

Mostly fame although leveling has a minor effect on it. The game does have a form of victory, but then you get dropped off on another continent where nearly everyone speaks Japanese I do believe.
Yeah Act 2 and 3 are not really translated yet but getting to act 2 even takes forever so not a big deal.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3477 on: August 28, 2013, 01:14:40 pm »

so in terms of taking forever to get to act 2, is this due to scumming or there is just alot to do? the game looks fun, but not sure i want to get into a game that is only partially in english. so i get into it and then cant continue.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3478 on: August 28, 2013, 01:47:22 pm »

Takes a while to get strong enough to beat the boss before you can go to act2. There's not much new dialogue that matters and that which does is on the wiki, telling you how to do things

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3479 on: August 28, 2013, 01:57:51 pm »

so in terms of taking forever to get to act 2, is this due to scumming or there is just alot to do? the game looks fun, but not sure i want to get into a game that is only partially in english. so i get into it and then cant continue.
To be honest I've played the game fordDamn near two years now and haven't even gotten close to him yet. It all depends on how you play, but there is already loads of content before you get anywhere near him.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 02:20:12 pm by joemoben »
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 291