Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 567166 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #3390 on: June 23, 2013, 05:28:14 pm »

I suspect the maid hands in that , because i never gave her such potions (always use them on my good items that do not have the fireproof brand by default) and the maid was the only one around.

I should probably be cautious next time i sleep in my cave :D

More seriously, i just met and killed the level 60 random dungeon boss, he wasn't as strong as i feared but that was a character i never saw before .
And he just asked to join me after the battle !

Looking on the wiki, he seems rather good :
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Murder_Knight

I had the good idea in not filling my army with pets but letting slots open.

And i met a lot of monsters i never saw before in that random dungeon by the way, the worst is the "emergency bell" on those big levels without walls, it forces every monster of the whole level to go to your location to attack you, that's insane .

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #3391 on: June 23, 2013, 05:50:21 pm »

well...that is a decent melee pet, still think the bike would be good, armors have innate damage reduction so the low life is not that bad.

as for dungeon crawling, you will be seeing more and more new mobs as you continue on.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 05:52:41 pm by etgfrog »
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3392 on: June 23, 2013, 06:01:55 pm »

I thought the new monsters were only for the south, but they appeared in the north too as that random dungeon was close to my cave.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #3393 on: June 23, 2013, 06:02:33 pm »

Yeah, it's all based on dungeon level. I got that same pet from one.

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3394 on: June 23, 2013, 08:09:40 pm »

Is there no way to change equipment weight on unique artifacts? Kinda disappointed I can't use any of the tonfa artifacts on my fairy character. According to the wiki material kits will only re-roll the random attributes, could anyone confirm that material type is static?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3395 on: June 23, 2013, 08:30:19 pm »

Kits should be able to change all none-precious equipment, but unfortunately the shield tonfa is precious.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Aplsos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3396 on: June 23, 2013, 08:31:34 pm »

Scrolls of Flying start appearing in magic vendors very rarely once you invest in them a bit, and reduce an item's weight by 15% (25% when blessed.)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3397 on: June 23, 2013, 09:06:27 pm »

That wouldn't help in this case, though, as he's trying to get the tonfa down to a weight where his fairy could use it. A blessed scroll of flying would only drop it to 1.5s, which is still too high. It's a real shame, too, because it would make for a great tool for fairies, giving them something other than high DV, SPD, and resistances to count on.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3398 on: June 23, 2013, 09:39:11 pm »

The answer, in Elona, is always MOAR!!!! In this case, I'm 99% sure you can keep stacking Scrolls of Flying until it hits zero. Though, dimishing returns are in effect due to the 25% a cast effect.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Aplsos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3399 on: June 23, 2013, 10:06:42 pm »

Yeah, I've got an altar that weighs 10s and whenever I pass by Yowyn I send all their crops to the crazy twink in the sky.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3400 on: June 23, 2013, 10:51:33 pm »

Something I never got: Occasionally people here speak about grabbing stuff in towns or houses after moongates, but whenever I try it always keep saying that it's not mine and don't allow me to do so. Am I missing something?
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3401 on: June 23, 2013, 11:27:18 pm »

You can only get money, after bashing kitty banks.

You might also be able to pickpocket them but most likely not.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #3402 on: June 24, 2013, 12:02:29 am »

Nah, can't pickpocket moongate items.

Steele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3403 on: June 24, 2013, 12:06:09 am »

You can steal just about anything you find lying around towns or wilderness areas using the pickpocket skill.
Be mindful of how heavy the item you want is before trying to take it when there are NPCs around.
Kinda hard to put a tree in your pocket without someone noticing, you know?

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3404 on: June 24, 2013, 12:57:13 am »

I had a monster drop the "Evolution Heart" previously during a Panic town mission, i gave it to the little girl to obtain a valkyrie
And now while clearing a level 50 random dungeon, one of the monsters (not even the boss) just dropped an "Another Heart".

Some nice luck, except for the fact that none of my pets can be evolved with that heart, and from looking on the wiki, the pets that can use it are not really leading into anything awesome, i wish it would have been one of the other heart dropping there.

At least it will look nice in my artifact storage house.

And meteor is awesome, the boss level was waiting for me with a ton of very resistant wasp-like creature (didn't checked the name, but they could take a few high powered magic darts and still poison me badly) that were filling the whole room
I decided to cast Meteor (never used it and got it from dream long time ago) and wow
What an amazing spell
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 12:59:54 am by Robsoie »
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 291