Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 567136 times)

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #3195 on: June 16, 2013, 03:54:04 pm »

Unimplemented.
-Edit- And ninjad

And posting just that feels like a waste of space so...
Anyone got suggestions on pets that has specially interesting default traits? I thought that training a cat girl might be fun, but haven't found a book yet.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3196 on: June 16, 2013, 04:10:31 pm »

Unimplemented.
-Edit- And ninjad

Anyone got suggestions on pets that has specially interesting default traits? I thought that training a cat girl might be fun, but haven't found a book yet.

I haven't run into anything overly interesting yet since my highest lv character was at 12(I'm still mostly just experimenting with different things), but so far my favorite pet is the Juere Infantry you can buy at the Slave Master, because it is tanky and will use both melee and ranged weapons. I'm interested in getting my hands on an Absolute Defender seeing as absolute protect looks like the ultimate tanking skill.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3197 on: June 16, 2013, 04:29:55 pm »

So far the allies that have proved the most usefull in my minions' army are :

- The bells (golden and platinium) armed with powerfull machineguns , given the "Marksman" skill through the Gene Machine (from Punks from the slavemaster of Derphy) and leveled are really great in term of damage dealing and fire support (due to their insane speed they open fire several times by turns).
They're squishy but their insane speed make up for it, as it's rare an enemy will be able to get into melee distance with them.

- The Exile (servant given by Itzpalt of Element) that shoot several spells by turns, he's squishy but powerfull, make sure to level him a bit and give appropriate items to avoid him dying a lot from enemies with area attacks (rock/potion/grenade throwers, hounds, dragons, etc...) on the 1st hit.

Isca the fallen angel and Goda the orc captain i got as ally from killing them in Hunting random missions (they ask to join you when you do) are very strong and resilient but despite they're very well equipped with weaponry, i don't see them better than a leveled and equiped little girl.

Overall i had the feel that ranged allies have been more usefull than my melee ones in my minions army.
But their resilience probably is usefull to be a distraction for the monsters while the ranged troopers shoot them.

The cat sister does not have yet enough AP so i can't go give her more ranged weapon preference at the south continent guy waiting in the Refugee Camp, and so far as a melee character, she's -always- the 1st one to die (before Isca, Goda and the little girl i have since the start) despite she got tons of money and potential training then (thanks the Harvest spell) for her level 20 and nice items

« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 04:33:56 pm by Robsoie »

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #3198 on: June 16, 2013, 04:58:16 pm »

Beware the 'orion killer' scorpions when you get to higher level dungeons. Without adequate nerve resistance, they can and will stunlock you completely with their paralyze. Of my two most recent encounters, the first time I ended up dead and the second with only 300/1100 hp left. Of my last several deaths, all have been the result of those things.

Time to find some negates the effects of paralysis equipment. :P

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #3199 on: June 16, 2013, 05:04:19 pm »

Unimplemented.
-Edit- And ninjad

I honestly recommend the fire@dragon you see sometimes wandering around, either once you get a monster ball or get 20 small medals for a rod of domination you can grab one, they make great pets because of it starting at level 2, starts with traveling and 220 life, also doesn't have any of the potentially annoying breath attacks. Any of the god pets works well too as each one is rather unique...even the android is considered good now.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3200 on: June 16, 2013, 05:35:21 pm »

You can also evolve the dragon child twice. I'm not sure if they get breath attacks on evolution though

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3201 on: June 16, 2013, 05:39:04 pm »

From what i read apparently to evolve your allies, you need to kills some very high level bosses from the south continent to et their heart (or for one of the evolution items, need to have 1.5 millions of gold to buy it at a shop), so i guess this is just not going to happen for a very long while considering how a very hard time my troops had against Zeome that was "only" level 55

Of course, it's said those heats can be amongst loot from killing monsters but with such a low probabilty you may win at a lottery before :D
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 05:43:10 pm by Robsoie »

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #3202 on: June 16, 2013, 05:43:32 pm »

You can also evolve the dragon child twice. I'm not sure if they get breath attacks on evolution though
does not, but it does gain a boost ability...and that kind of hurts it damage potential...just make sure any equipment you give it is acidproof since it likes to run strait into the enemy

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3203 on: June 16, 2013, 05:44:16 pm »

nope it get's float at the first evo and boost at the 2nd. Ninja'd
The Valkyrie you get from evo a Little Girl with a <Evolution Heart> is pretty good.

Why is boost bad?
5 turn blessing that increases speed by 120 and boosts physical attributes. Based on Will.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 05:46:45 pm by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #3204 on: June 16, 2013, 06:07:13 pm »

mostly because the one i had on my other game was running around 1 hit killing just about everything except maybe a handful of enemies...but then again...martial arts tends to scale a bit out of control later on...maybe boost is actually good but I was more annoyed with it using boost 3 turns in a row.

Frostbite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
advice
« Reply #3205 on: June 16, 2013, 06:48:29 pm »

Never really got to far into this game because i heard the whole "gaining levels is bad" thing and it kinda put me off , but i hear thats not really an issue anymore so i was wondering if you all had some starting tips or advice for a new player in 1.21

Like what kind of starting feats are good now in the + version?
How do i make Plat coins easy (was always a huge hassle before)

other tips for starting out?

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #3206 on: June 16, 2013, 06:52:46 pm »

From what i read apparently to evolve your allies, you need to kills some very high level bosses from the south continent to et their heart (or for one of the evolution items, need to have 1.5 millions of gold to buy it at a shop), so i guess this is just not going to happen for a very long while considering how a very hard time my troops had against Zeome that was "only" level 55

Of course, it's said those heats can be amongst loot from killing monsters but with such a low probabilty you may win at a lottery before :D
I've got several hearts now on my level 51 character. 1 'another' and 2 'evolution.' I may have another kicking around somewhere, but I don't use pets.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #3207 on: June 16, 2013, 09:23:05 pm »

The rate that hearts drops seems to be higher as the monster levels get higher

As for plat coins...the quickest gameplay wise is quests...get to the point you can do the quests without worry and then go at it, even go intentionally fail quests a bunch to lose fame then take the easier ones, going through dungeons can bring in quite a few plat coins its honestly quicker to do the quests.

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: advice
« Reply #3208 on: June 17, 2013, 09:36:03 am »

Never really got to far into this game because i heard the whole "gaining levels is bad" thing and it kinda put me off , but i hear thats not really an issue anymore so i was wondering if you all had some starting tips or advice for a new player in 1.21

The good news is that "gaining levels is bad" is no longer the case in Elona+. As long as you're regularly using/leveling combat skills, levelling in Elona+ just means access to new/better stuff. One still might want to consider managing how high your Fame is, though.

Like what kind of starting feats are good now in the + version?

I've always been a fan of the +stamina feats, or +Charisma in order to start off with more ally slots. Dimensional Move is also nice as it can be used to escape even if your spells are blocked.

How do i make Plat coins easy (was always a huge hassle before)

Platinum is still the grindiest part of Elona+, imo. Worshiping the new Elona+ god Yacatect of Wealth helps a bit though, especially if you're not into doing town quests. Her Goose pet converts food to plat, and her gift gives you 10 plat a month. Although the Goose has low Breed power, leave it on a Ranch and pair it with a farm for food production and you will eventually get an army of platinum producers.

Yacatect, particularly when paired with Anatomy, can also dramatically increase your gold gain from dungeon crawling which is very nice when starting off.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

Frostbite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3209 on: June 17, 2013, 09:39:07 am »

never really worshiped a god before how do i get his pet or "gifts"?
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 291