Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 567263 times)

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #3120 on: June 13, 2013, 04:28:26 pm »

That depends, I found it to be easy as I ended focusing alot of my efforts into a decent tank pet who...well is now carrying, it originaly was one of these(http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Fire@dragon_child), evolved it twice after gene engineering it to have all most of the normal body parts...its sitting at very high life, strength and con with it using 2 shields and letting its unarmed attack get out of control with the levels it was getting, I guess spamming wizard harvest carefully(casting it untill it had no stock then reading another charge of the book) and letting the pet take the gold instead of myself has helped alot in keeping it's potenital high to gain stats and skills quickly.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3121 on: June 13, 2013, 04:48:33 pm »

That depends, I found it to be easy as I ended focusing alot of my efforts into a decent tank pet who...well is now carrying, it originaly was one of these(http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Fire@dragon_child), evolved it twice after gene engineering it to have all most of the normal body parts...its sitting at very high life, strength and con with it using 2 shields and letting its unarmed attack get out of control with the levels it was getting, I guess spamming wizard harvest carefully(casting it untill it had no stock then reading another charge of the book) and letting the pet take the gold instead of myself has helped alot in keeping it's potenital high to gain stats and skills quickly.

Yeah, I recently discovered that pet power goes through the roof if they pick up a decent amount of gold. I put 100,000 gold in a kitty bank, bashed it, then let my pet pick it up. Pet stood in town for over five minutes training and had over 300% potential in every skill by the time it was done.

It's so effective that it feels like an exploit.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #3122 on: June 13, 2013, 05:27:05 pm »

Do the static dungeon just north of Derphy. Part of the reward there is the gloves of vesda, which will make your life in the tower of fire much easier.
That's only the lesser part of the reward.

Make sure you eat the dragon's corpse.
It ups your intrinsic fire resistance, and not by a small amount. You can't ever lose it, because it isn't a mutation. Thus making Vesda's corpse one of the most valuable items in the game.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3123 on: June 13, 2013, 05:35:12 pm »

<Metal Vesda> The Fire Machine

because one time is not enough
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #3124 on: June 13, 2013, 05:44:44 pm »

You know...now that I think about it...my view is a little...biased on things being easy since i had gotten lucky with a rod of alchemy, I was collecting all potions I found and had a very large stack of potions, used a alch rod on it, turned into a stack of potion of slow that I stacked with my existing potions...rolled several times to get a very large stack of potions that then got lucky and it turned into a very large stack of hermes blood that was enough to give myself and 2 pets to max speed which was that fire dragon and a fox brother which has good aoe...also uses stand ground tactics so isn't running all over the map when being chased. After getting myself and the pets max speed I ended up going to the fort of chaos(machine) and killing ultima and giving the railgun to the fox brother who is now very strong in terms of aoe potential...but was a bit painful dealing with before control magic leveled up to a decent amount...

<Metal Vesda> The Fire Machine

because one time is not enough
Oh...about that...
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Amur-Cage
hm...maybe i should look into getting an astral light pen and copying Metal Vesda for a ranch :P

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #3125 on: June 13, 2013, 06:14:48 pm »

You know...now that I think about it...my view is a little...biased on things being easy since i had gotten lucky with a rod of alchemy, I was collecting all potions I found and had a very large stack of potions, used a alch rod on it, turned into a stack of potion of slow that I stacked with my existing potions...rolled several times to get a very large stack of potions that then got lucky and it turned into a very large stack of hermes blood that was enough to give myself and 2 pets to max speed
You win good idea of the month award.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3126 on: June 13, 2013, 06:47:26 pm »

Rods of Alchemy don't work on stacks, at least in Elona+.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #3127 on: June 13, 2013, 06:54:34 pm »

Rods of Alchemy don't work on stacks, at least in Elona+.
that is...weird, why did i remember being able to use it on the stack and more specifically hoarding so many potions, oh well, this has been a save i've been playing on an off for quite a while...so i don't know...

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3128 on: June 13, 2013, 07:25:18 pm »

Technically Metal Vesda could be the first time you meet him, as you aren't required to do Dragon's Nest to finish the North Tyris story. But who doesn't kill him?

and it turned into a very large stack of hermes blood
Jesus. I should play with rods of alchemy more, I used to just trade/sell them off since they seemed so useless for their monetary value. But now, knowing they can do that...

...then my internet failed and I didn't see the new information...
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3129 on: June 13, 2013, 07:34:19 pm »

The gold hints to help those poor minions to get much better is great !
I really didn't thought about that, usually i was buying all those good ores at the shops and gave them to the troopers that were selling them and training.

Now going to have to grind for more gold, as i wasted nearly all of what i had in hiring one of those top10 adventurer that helped take out Zeome (and she was worth it considering what she did to him :) )

While i think about it, using the gene machine and the slaves i ended in the cat sister going from her level 6 (from adventuring) to level 20 (used a few elite machinegunner slaves).
But i noticed her skills weren't that much better.
Same with one of the bell that was level 8 and got to 20

Was it a mistake to make the minions levelup that quickly this way instead of having her adventuring (though now that i know the money trick with the harvest and the kitty banks i should manage to get the pets more skills)

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3130 on: June 13, 2013, 07:49:13 pm »

Not really, pet levels are the only good levels due to having more HP/MP with practically no downsides. Nothing scales off pet level and pet AP gain is based on pet stats.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3131 on: June 13, 2013, 07:50:24 pm »

Wait, is it me, or do quests give you more platinum some of the time the higher level you are? Or is it some other thing that gives more platinum?

At level 28, I now get 2 platinum every 3/4 quests or so, where just one level ago or so I would only get 1 all the time.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #3132 on: June 13, 2013, 07:55:57 pm »

Wait, is it me, or do quests give you more platinum some of the time the higher level you are? Or is it some other thing that gives more platinum?

At level 28, I now get 2 platinum every 3/4 quests or so, where just one level ago or so I would only get 1 all the time.
Yep. Though I dunno if it's fame or level based.
At level 48, I'm getting 2-3 usually. Which is really nice with those Challenge missions which take all of 30 seconds to complete.

Edit: AWWWWW YEAHHHHH.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Read one successfully, now it shows up in the mage guild list. ^_^
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 08:55:00 pm by alway »

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #3133 on: June 14, 2013, 01:01:47 am »

Read one successfully, now it shows up in the mage guild list. ^_^
except for wish and wizard harvest...cant reserve those :(

so a carmel of termination drops...i run over to stop a pet from eating it...go down to fight the boss...it goes into my backpack and eats it...i guess i finish this fight mid ragnarok  :'(
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 01:10:56 am by etgfrog »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3134 on: June 14, 2013, 01:16:44 am »

God man, why do you carry those with you! Just throw them down a dank corner of the dungeon while your pets are distracted or something.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 291