Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 567142 times)

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #3075 on: June 11, 2013, 10:47:33 pm »

Throw poison potions on putits and then capture them.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3076 on: June 11, 2013, 10:49:21 pm »

Good ideas , thanks guys.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #3077 on: June 11, 2013, 10:53:54 pm »

Oh yea...forgot one of the best things in elona+...get swimming then get the ether disease "clouds follow you" increases the chance of rain which helps you move faster.

ow...just ow...updated my save to 1.21 and went into the void, fought a earth elemental that was probably level 200, it uses its special and hits my tank pet for around 10k
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 11:54:32 pm by etgfrog »
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3078 on: June 12, 2013, 12:06:41 am »

Does anyone know the requirements for kitchen knives to drop/appear in shops? I've been looking for them for the low weight and the anatomy bonus, but i can't find em anywhere :S
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3079 on: June 12, 2013, 01:58:23 am »

What is a good Magic Device skill level to have Rod of Silence working reliably on Zeome ?
I reached him and tested, on easily 10 zaps silencing worked only once (and for very few turns as he could heal himself and annihilate my minions with his high damage area spell a few turns later)

That with Magic Device at 25, meaning that Zeome was casting his killing spells for 9 turns while i was wasting 9 turns not damaging him, so i guess Magic Device must be much higher (and so lots of more hours grinding) ?

I have grinded my Mist of Silence spell to level 25 too (buying tons and tons of silence spellbook from my magician guild and grinding it in the wilderness)

I have not tried with the spell itself , as i didn't started to grind at the time i tested with Zeome, but as i read that the rod of silence is supposed more reliable, i wonder how much insane more grinding i will need then to have the spell works at least half of the time instead of 1 on 10

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #3080 on: June 12, 2013, 02:38:18 am »

I dont think its a mater of magic device skill...bosses have a strong resistance to hexes as well as high level mobs have more resist, so Zeome probably needs very high skill
Quote from: Wiki
Hex (debuffing) spells can be resisted. All such spells have a "power" (as do hex-removing spells) that invisibly determines how difficult it is to resist a hex spell. Hexes also have elements, and resistances apply to reducing hex effectiveness, as well. Higher-level creatures require greater hex power to overcome resistance, and boss-type monsters have an innate bonus against hexes.

anyways, if your magic device is 25 and your getting 1/10 then its probably at level 100 or so it will be half of the time, but it will be useful in general if you upgrade to 1.21 as using rods to stop the use of specials will be almost desirable.

Well...found something interesting...pets with the skill detection can give you materials they collect...dont know the limits of it but noticed the option to recieve materials from a pet and the only skill that was unique to that pet was having detection.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 03:12:55 am by etgfrog »
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

JosephWongKS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3081 on: June 12, 2013, 04:10:30 am »

Giving Travelling to a pet will be harder than i thought, as apparently none of the slaves available from Derphy has Travelling from what i looked on the wiki.

Little girls have Travelling, but you need two of them.  The first one will grant Investing, the second one will grant Travelling.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3082 on: June 12, 2013, 08:49:20 am »

Throwing potions of silence, would that work against Zeome?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3083 on: June 12, 2013, 09:38:55 am »

It could, but the success rate would be low.

A strategy that could have some use would be to use the Blood Moon mace from Quruiza (if you're fighting Zeome you have no excuse to not have it) to drain all his MP so that he overcasts and destroys himself. However, I don't know how often the MP drain effect procs.

His area spell (and the only one he uses besides Cure of Jure and Summon Annoying Mobs) is Chaos Ball so if you stack chaos resistance as high as you can, you might not die in one hit. Even though I was wielding the Staff of Chaos which gives superb #####+ chaos resist, I still took pretty serious damage when he used Chaos Ball. My pets, on the other hand, just died outright.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #3084 on: June 12, 2013, 12:46:38 pm »

I actually had very little problems from the chaos ball. I was higher level than him, so that may have contributed to it, but it never did more than a couple hundred hp to me. Sure, it could stunlock me for a few turns, but not really enough to take me out. And I only had normal chaos resist.

I haven't heard too much about draining his MP as a strategy, but I've also heard suggestions that he simply has too much to drain or overcast himself to death. So good luck with that strategy, but it probably won't work.

I found a slow/silence combo to be effective myself. The slow makes him attack less and makes the silence last longer. Then it's just a matter of using high damage spells to finish him.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3085 on: June 12, 2013, 01:30:11 pm »

How does the run up and hit him with my sword strategy work on him?
can you just nuke him?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 01:41:16 pm by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3086 on: June 12, 2013, 01:42:06 pm »

Depends on whether you silenced him first or not.
When will I start finding scrolls of feather and growth? or how much do I have to invest in a shop to get them?(e+1.21)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: June 12, 2013, 01:58:39 pm »

How does the run up and hit him with my sword strategy work on him?
can you just nuke him?
He probably has too much HP to nuke to death. Hitting him will work fine though.
I haven't heard too much about draining his MP as a strategy, but I've also heard suggestions that he simply has too much to drain or overcast himself to death. So good luck with that strategy, but it probably won't work.
Spoiler: how I beat the game (click to show/hide)
Check the cause of death. Says just above it that he miscast a spell while confused, which IIRC always lowers to 0 MP. So that's an alternative to draining.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3088 on: June 12, 2013, 02:03:15 pm »

Thanks for the interesting tips about those hexes and resistance. The confusion tactic from SirAaronIII seems to be a very interesting way to deal with him, i hope those potions i'll have to throw will actually land on him

I'll have to try the "2 little girls" trick for the gene machine, after grinding a bit after purchasing the expensive "Sage's Helm" at Miral and Garok's workshop, i have slowly managed to get enough medals again to go purchase a dominate rod.
Finding little girls is not that hard as they're often spawning in the dungeons i visit so it will be easy to get them controlled and get the gene merging going for that catsister ally, she has a lot of speed so she could be usefull when she'll get enough level and Travelling will surely help once she gets it.

The "higher level than him" that alway mentionned made me curious, and after looking around some Elona discussion it seems that being higher level than your target makes a huge difference in term of your resistance to their attack and their resistance to your attacks.

I'm far from the level 55 Zeome is (just reached being level 36 after 60 hours of that character), so that may possibly explain why his chaos attacks are so devastating on me despite i have lots of chaos resistance (my poor minions are killed in 1 or 2 turns due to the lack of chaos res items i could give them) and why my powerfull magic dart does not hit him as hard as it does on strong monsters (but that do not have that much levels in difference with my character).

Though from my tests, i'm not far to be able to defeat him (i have foreced him on healing many times), the only real problem is the Silence being too unreliable on his high resistance to it, if only it worked in my first zaps on him i think he would be easily dead, but by the time i manage to have a zap working, my minions are dead due to his chaos spell spam.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3089 on: June 12, 2013, 02:11:21 pm »

Did something glitch with the "art of 'skill'" books? I spent a storm indoors reading and noticed that i didn't get anything in the skill
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 291