Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 567215 times)

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #2640 on: May 26, 2013, 11:52:35 am »

I started out as a Farmer worshiping Kumiromi too. It depends on you. If you got enough platinum coins everything is possible. I even started using magic. I went with heavy armor/two-handed/sword/firearm setup at first and just massacred everything in the Puppy Cave for a while until I was strong enough to clear dungeons. I suggest you to get all the combat skills that you are going to use so you can max your skill increase when grinding.

Markus

• Bay Watcher
  • [Alignment:Lawful Bacon]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2641 on: May 26, 2013, 03:31:12 pm »

I would say work on scythes since farmers start with scythes/sickles, but then again I'm not the best one to ask because I generally stick to certain weapon setups, so as to direct my platinum into a specific area rather than waste it on weapon types I won't use. In general, I'll use Scythes and Laser Pistols. If I have poor armor, I'll switch to a sickle and add in a light shield. I like to keep a lot of loot, so my armor is generally light. I put quite a bit of platinum into Weight Lifting and Anatomy, so it's vital I don't waste platinum.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2642 on: May 26, 2013, 06:59:22 pm »

Quote from: Elona+ Changelog
You now get bonus spell power depending on how high your elemental resist on that element is.
Spell stock consumption now lowered by 1/3.
Spellbooks now cost half price.
Removed the 1% spell potential gain after reading a book.
Sleeping will now let you gain 20% more spell potential on all spells except for ones that you don't have stocks to.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #2643 on: May 26, 2013, 09:18:39 pm »

Quote from: Elona+ Changelog
You now get bonus spell power depending on how high your elemental resist on that element is.
Spell stock consumption now lowered by 1/3.
Spellbooks now cost half price.
Removed the 1% spell potential gain after reading a book.
Sleeping will now let you gain 20% more spell potential on all spells except for ones that you don't have stocks to.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang.
Yep. It's great.

I'm playing a gun-wielding warmage (whose class got renamed Dakkamancer as soon as I got my first business card from the blackjack games). I've found it a very viable strategy to wait until potential for spells is at 400%, then when I have some spare stocks, going out of town to train em up really fast and at low cost. Just a single spell level in all of em I find handy, putting the potential at 360%, then repeat every 2 sleeps. In particular, things with high value like wizard harvest can use this, giving a spell level (and thus stock use decrease) every couple casts, so long as you wait for potential after each level.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2644 on: May 26, 2013, 10:22:05 pm »

Holy Urist GET TRAVELING ON ALL YOUR PETS  :o

I gave my jet fighter traveling from an Alien.

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2645 on: May 26, 2013, 11:05:56 pm »

Yeah traveling is a godly skill in E+, especially when compared to how useless it was in vanilla. You and your pet gets trained while you do delivery quests for your platinum. Though that is definately the biggest batch of skill increases I've seen.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: May 26, 2013, 11:23:08 pm »

Yeah; looks like he did a Vernis to Noyel run, so that would give quite a bit. Though I suspect it also had high potential/low skills in those areas.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #2647 on: May 26, 2013, 11:38:12 pm »

Is that change log for version 1.2 or 1.23?
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Markus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: May 27, 2013, 08:28:13 am »

Yeah; looks like he did a Vernis to Noyel run, so that would give quite a bit. Though I suspect it also had high potential/low skills in those areas.
Oh? I've done something about that length and got 2 skill ups. . . =/

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2649 on: May 27, 2013, 08:57:43 am »

Is there any save file problems when upgrading from normal Elona to Elona+? I'm still playing x-mas version and I guess it's time for an upgrade but I don't want to start a new character.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2650 on: May 27, 2013, 10:31:31 am »

Oh? I've done something about that length and got 2 skill ups. . . =/
Do the same thing while carrying so much cargo that you get reduced to 10 speed.

Is that change log for version 1.2 or 1.23?
It's Elona+ 1.9, vanilla Elona ceased development long ago.

Is there any save file problems when upgrading from normal Elona to Elona+? I'm still playing x-mas version and I guess it's time for an upgrade but I don't want to start a new character.
There shouldn't be.

Anyone who's unwilling to switch to Elona+; don't be.

Elona+ fixes a lot of problems vanilla had, makes the game a LOT less grindier (Though it's still pretty grindy), and adds a lot of new content and features. South Tyris is still mostly untranslated, but all of the Vanilla game and most of the new features are available in English. Getting to South Tyris requires beating the Vanilla game, so it's not like you're not going to go there immediately anyway.

Ah, don't update to Elona+ 1.20, go with 1.19. 1.20 added a new feature which is really, really, unbalanced. Monsters can use super attacks, but their gauge rises up far too quickly.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 10:34:59 am by Blaze »

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: May 27, 2013, 11:15:18 am »

It also makes it a pretty good bit easier to get into. One thing I notices with + immediately was the harvest quests. They start at a 20s gather requirement, and stay low for a very long time. Even with my current 13000 or so fame, they only require up to around 32.5s to 35s tops. This means you can get tons more plat than you could previously, as that's an amount which is actually feasible for a low level character. In vanilla Elona, I remember seeing harvest missions for amounts like 50s or 60s, even within the first few levels. Good for lowering fame and getting loot from the pots, but not for getting the plats you need. And of course there's the aforementioned easing up of difficulty of wizardry to make things more interesting~

Markus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: May 27, 2013, 04:09:16 pm »

Okay, so I'm now curious. I know you can customize things like sprites and what-not. . . but is it possible to edit anything else client-side, instead of waiting for a new version?

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: May 27, 2013, 04:13:57 pm »

Just sprites, music, and custom NPCs I think.

Markus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: May 27, 2013, 08:16:09 pm »

Just sprites, music, and custom NPCs I think.
How. . . disappointing. So no racial feats for debug races.

Also, is that Nyarko-San in your Avatar? How did I not notice?!
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 291