Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 567077 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #2490 on: February 25, 2013, 02:05:07 am »

Yeah Dim immunity is crazy useful. And they started out with mining if I recall, which is a great way to gain Constitution.

Not only that but they also were immune to other status effects. And the thing is, while the mount could be paralyzed, as long as you weren't you still got your full move.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #2491 on: February 25, 2013, 03:37:05 am »

well...started playing elona+, actually supprised how...powerful gardening and traveling is now, traveler levels up all skills, which in turn raises all stats, gardening is major increase to will(hp,sp,mp) and minor other areas, throw in weight lifting and you start getting a reasonable powered char. overall I'm liking elona+ better because it doesn't punish you as much for leveling(mainly taxes getting out of control with its 100 * (char level)). it also turns the starting cat from a weakling to still being relevant in terms of fighting at level 15+...at least so far, nurses are now a useful pet, but they only heal when their health gets low...so its debateable. my only complaint about elona+ is how slow it is to level cooking(dispite cooking everything I find, 70% of the skill has been trained through traveling)...speaking of...i'd recomend as soon as you get a ranch to place one of those dragon@child there to get several of them to give traveling to all your pets...that way any time your moving about, they will get stronger.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2492 on: February 25, 2013, 04:13:38 am »

Out of curiosity: How much of Elona+ is untranslated or very badly translated (i.e, very difficult to understand)? I'm thinking of trying it but I don't want to not know 1/10 of what NPCs are saying.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: February 25, 2013, 06:15:42 am »

Out of curiosity: How much of Elona+ is untranslated or very badly translated (i.e, very difficult to understand)? I'm thinking of trying it but I don't want to not know 1/10 of what NPCs are saying.
Unless it has changed the last year, only the new region is untranslated. But what you need to use there is probably documented and guided externally.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: February 25, 2013, 10:15:28 am »

so far there has only been minor problems with some of the new creatures(example being the dragon@child instead of fire dragon child), however i do know that google translate works on the jp elona+ wiki reasonably well to say where to go.

oh...if you want to see it for yourself or are looking for the download(i know it took me a bit to find it)...then try
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 10:28:35 am by etgfrog »

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2495 on: February 25, 2013, 06:19:26 pm »

Everything in North Tyris (before you beat the story) is okay, except if you worship Mani. The "covering fire" is a gemstone that does Mewmewmewmew!, or the 9999999-damage attack, on everything on the map. So be careful of that, I guess.

South Tyris is a different story. Most new dialogue is pretty Engrish-y, like "Ruoza here. Clearly say nothing in particular." and "Yerles investigation seems to be ruins somewhere." and the new quests are not really translated, but there are guides on the various wikis.
my only complaint about elona+ is how slow it is to level cooking(dispite cooking everything I find, 70% of the skill has been trained through traveling)
I believe it only goes up if you succeed (not bony/leftover/kitchen refuse food). If you're using a portable cooking tool, I'd advise dragging the food back to town and using a food processor/maker (usually in the inn, but in Palmia it's in the bakery), since those make better dishes.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2496 on: February 25, 2013, 06:49:33 pm »

my only complaint about elona+ is how slow it is to level cooking(dispite cooking everything I find, 70% of the skill has been trained through traveling)
I believe it only goes up if you succeed (not bony/leftover/kitchen refuse food). If you're using a portable cooking tool, I'd advise dragging the food back to town and using a food processor/maker (usually in the inn, but in Palmia it's in the bakery), since those make better dishes.

Correct, you only gain Cooking experience if you make a third level dish or higher. http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Cooking#Types_of_food_and_quality

Like Aaron said, if you're not using a Food Maker, Food Processor, or Barbecue Set then you're not going to have much luck. I recommend learning Pickpocket, upping your Strength to 17 (whether through leveling it up, equipment, or using Blessed Potions of Hero), and stealing a Barbecue Set from a Party Time quest ASAP.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2497 on: February 26, 2013, 06:16:05 am »

...In my current game there's a male prostitute "having tail" with Ebon the fire giant in Noyel during the festival. I... don't know how I should be feeling right now.

Also, I cannot believe I had been playing the game without pets for so long. They make things so much easier.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2498 on: February 26, 2013, 06:19:18 am »

"Ruoza here. Clearly say nothing in particular."

Neonivek here. Not of finding the problems in this speach that I have been exampled to.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2499 on: February 26, 2013, 06:48:42 pm »

...In my current game there's a male prostitute "having tail" with Ebon the fire giant in Noyel during the festival. I... don't know how I should be feeling right now.

Also, I cannot believe I had been playing the game without pets for so long. They make things so much easier.
Oh yeah, I've seen that before. I have a picture around here somewhere, I think. As for the other point, I decided to put all my pets away after beating Zeome because I felt like I relied on them too much, so I think I have the opposite problem as you.

"Ruoza here. Clearly say nothing in particular."

Neonivek here. Not of finding the problems in this speach that I have been exampled to.
That seems like an actual new Elona+ line. Beautiful.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #2500 on: February 26, 2013, 09:42:48 pm »

so i cant figure it out, what does the message "you feel like someone is watching you intently" mean after equipping some very nice equipment?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2501 on: February 26, 2013, 09:43:19 pm »

I believe it means the item is blessed?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2503 on: February 27, 2013, 02:04:00 am »

Does anyone have the link to the Elona + .zip download? Can't find it anywhere, or at least that's what the search engine says.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #2504 on: February 27, 2013, 02:19:38 am »

http://wikiwiki.jp/elonaplus/

The links below Axfc Uploader, Yahoo!, and sugarsync specifically.
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 291