Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 567205 times)

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #2100 on: June 17, 2012, 11:04:20 pm »

Hmmm...tempted to transfer my save to Elona+ since all the added stuff seems interesting. Though all the new content added will remain mostly gibberish right? Even still, I wouldn't really mind since.
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #2101 on: June 17, 2012, 11:07:13 pm »

I think it's fairly risky to transfer saves to Elona+ But I'm not sure. You might make a new charecter in Elona+ and see how you like the new stuff before taking the chance.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: June 17, 2012, 11:26:43 pm »

I was able to tranfer from Elona 1.22 Enhanced Love Miracle to Elona+ with no issues. Just backup saves.

If you're using a version older than Vanilla 1.22 you might have problems, so transfer it to 1.22 then to Elona+.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: June 17, 2012, 11:29:00 pm »

It should be okay, but back up just in case.

Anyway, in Elona+, I've been messing around with a Juere fighter. He's doing okay. I'm debating well-scumming for wishes, though I'm leaning towards not doing it.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: June 18, 2012, 03:13:10 am »

There's a compatibility table in Elona+ wiki (http://wikiwiki.jp/elonaplus/)...

◎ means okay

1.22→1.16   ×
1.16→ElonaPlus   ◎
1.22→ElonaPlus   ◎
ElonaPlus→1.22、1.16   ×

There's also a table for a bunch of mods.

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: June 18, 2012, 09:08:20 am »

Tried my save in Elona+ and it worked fine enough. Also tried the new Gunner class for a bit for fun and got a named pistol at the start...tease. Tried shooting down the kids and citizens of Noyel as my transferred character and didn't get a Karma hit...weird.

But I'll stick with ELM for now in my current character and let Elona+ develop for a while more (also a bit spoiled by the visible stamina, better sprite and pic quality and stuff).

Some game experiences:
> Saw a fire start in Vernis...from the inside of one of the houses (I think it was the puppy girl's or her neighbors). It was amusing watching the normal citizens burn but the guards and others had a lot more HP, the town was eventually spared by rain as it was burning half of Shena's bar (apparently, Lulwy of Wind & Ehekatl of Luck also loves Shena's ass...they weren't kidding). Didn't get any nice loot though, the named characters were tough.

> Also saw a fire start in the Port town...which seemed to have begun at the Arena (sabotage?). Got to hand it to the Guild guard...he stood there in the flames like a boss. Was also saved by rain...maybe the Gods were easily bored or were in a merciful mood.

> Got a wish at a fountain in the dungeon and got some Evolution potions...but I apparently lost it when a mage summoned from an earlier drink shot us with magic. Ffffffuuuuuuuuu...

>Got some Ebon fire giant tail.......I don't really want to know the details (Paid quite well though...I guess he gets a salary as well).

(Hmm...does wishing in the Puppy dungeon negate the "lesser luck each drink" since it is random and reforms?)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 09:27:27 am by Kobold Troubadour »
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

1piemaster1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: June 18, 2012, 12:50:55 pm »

Back with another question. Need some more money and the museum is helping but the taxes are pretty high. Gonna buy a ranch and was wondering 1. What is a good thing to breed and do i need one of the thing i wanna breed or one. 2. Does the breeder count as in my party? Because my charisma isn't very high.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #2107 on: June 18, 2012, 04:57:12 pm »

1a. Depends on what stats you need. Some notable ones are Putits for charisma and horses for Constitution. Optionally if you're using it for gene engineering, it again depends on what you want on the finished creature.

1b. You only need 1 of the creature you want to breed, they'll reproduce on their own.

2. I'm pretty sure it does, yes.

1piemaster1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: June 18, 2012, 05:07:44 pm »

Okay thats good. Ill probably breed putits then. Not using anything for gene engineering yet at least. I guess ill have to go catch a putit with a monster ball then. Thanks

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: June 18, 2012, 09:22:25 pm »

Ranches don't pay off in money though... you just get one chosen stat growth, very slowly.

Also remember you get paid twice a month (1st and 15th) but only pay tax once.

1piemaster1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: June 18, 2012, 09:52:48 pm »

Ranches don't pay off in money though... you just get one chosen stat growth, very slowly.

Well I just thought it would be something to work forward too. Getting better gear takes a while, and ranches seem like an interesting thing to buy.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: June 19, 2012, 07:51:30 am »

Well I just thought it would be something to work forward too. Getting better gear takes a while, and ranches seem like an interesting thing to buy.

Stat growth is more valuable than money anytime. Money isn't that difficult to get if you know how to get it.

1piemaster1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: June 19, 2012, 11:22:40 am »

Stat growth is more valuable than money anytime. Money isn't that difficult to get if you know how to get it.
I agree. Money is getting harder for me to get though.. Since my fame is getting around 6000 so I don't do many missions anymore and I don't feel like failing them over and over.

Frostbite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: June 19, 2012, 11:40:47 pm »

alright quick question i never worshiped a god before in this game how do i start and where?

That and where is the new god ?

any tips for a newbie in the whole faith department that might help me out ?

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: June 19, 2012, 11:51:18 pm »

A fair distance north of Palmia, you can find the Truce Ground, which has 8 altars, for each of the 7 gods. I'm not sure if the last 8th altar, which is normally empty, is to the god of wealth whose name I can't remember. Just stand on one and press p to join.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 291