Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 567066 times)

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #1215 on: October 20, 2011, 04:03:25 pm »

Speaking of scrolls, do enchant scrolls make a big difference?  I haven't really bothered with them yet, but it's starting to get hard to find better stuff than what I already have.
Enchanting an armor (+1) will increase your PV by 3.
Enchanting a weapon (+1) will increase your damage by 1.

Yeah it isn't much but every PV and damage counts when you can't find any good stuff anymore.

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: October 20, 2011, 04:06:15 pm »

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 05:39:50 am by Ogdibus »

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: October 20, 2011, 04:31:40 pm »

Thanks, that's a lot better than what I was expecting. :3 
Anytime ;)

Also, I forgot to mention this:

Scroll of Enchant Armor/Weapon - Can't enchant weapons and armors higher than +2. If blessed, +3.
Greater Enchant Armor/ Weapon - Can't enchant weapons and armors higher than 4. If blessed, +6.

So max is +6. If you equip an armor to every body slot (excluding hands, shield, ammo,) and max out the enchantments, you'll get an extra 54 PV but you need to waste a lot of blessed waters for that. Leaving it at +4 and getting 36 PV is a better choice.

You probably know this if you hang around the Elona Wiki though :D

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: October 20, 2011, 04:33:47 pm »

So max is +6. If you equip an armor to every body slot (excluding hands, shield, ammo,) and max out the enchantments, you'll get an extra 54 PV but you need to waste a lot of blessed waters for that. Leaving it at +4 and getting 36 PV is a better choice.
Actually just one water, since you can mass-bless everything that stacks.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: October 20, 2011, 05:05:15 pm »

Actually just one water, since you can mass-bless everything that stacks.
Ah, forgot about that.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: October 21, 2011, 02:47:59 am »

I currently run around with a disturbs your growth #####+ speedring and a sucks blood # speed ring - both about 20+ speed. It actually trains my healing skill nicely. my fairy pianist will soon change it for an aurora ring, though, as soon as i get another hammer to turn it into an artifact. then i'll do some more high ranking "before it's too late" quests. eventually i will get the throwing skill and get the artifact panties from the seed character back. at that point i'll go inside my first dungeon.
That's how i play ...
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: October 21, 2011, 04:00:26 am »

I currently run around with a disturbs your growth #####+ speedring and a sucks blood # speed ring - both about 20+ speed. It actually trains my healing skill nicely. my fairy pianist will soon change it for an aurora ring, though, as soon as i get another hammer to turn it into an artifact. then i'll do some more high ranking "before it's too late" quests. eventually i will get the throwing skill and get the artifact panties from the seed character back. at that point i'll go inside my first dungeon.
That's how i play ...

I say keep your ring and don't throw it away. The reduction in EXP is a valuable boon, since you can enhance your skills for a long time without levelling up. Not to mention that those enchantments usually appear on cursed equipment, which is very hard to find if you're looking for cursed, EXP sucking top-tier gear.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: October 21, 2011, 04:03:57 am »

That's how i play ...

I say keep your ring and don't throw it away. The reduction in EXP is a valuable boon, since you can enhance your skills for a long time without levelling up. Not to mention that those enchantments usually appear on cursed equipment, which is very hard to find if you're looking for cursed, EXP sucking top-tier gear.
i am getting rid of the blood sucking one, as my healing skill is adequate with 48 points for now.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: October 21, 2011, 06:55:20 am »

I currently run around with a disturbs your growth #####+ speedring and a sucks blood # speed ring - both about 20+ speed
Wow. That's lucky. Highest "disturbs your growth" I could find was ##+. I think you should keep both rings and uncurse the blood sucking one. I never get an aurora ring because I usually stick around shelters, stealing skill books until the rain ends.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: October 21, 2011, 09:31:39 am »

That's how i play ...
Oh lol. I should have reread that before I posted that, since I thought that it was a speed ring with both of the abilities in the post. Shame on me...  :-\
i am getting rid of the blood sucking one, as my healing skill is adequate with 48 points for now.
Oh lol. I should have reread that before I posted that, since I thought that it was a speed ring with both of the abilities in the post. Shame on me...  :-\

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: October 21, 2011, 10:39:15 am »

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 05:40:01 am by Ogdibus »

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: October 21, 2011, 10:42:18 am »

I finally got the Exile.  I like having magic available without a hassle.  I had been using an Elea Wizard, which was ok, but their ai makes them get in the way of the Little Girl, expecially in tight spaces.  Maybe I should have tried to dominate a Bishop or Goblin Wizard, instead.  It would have been a lot quicker, and they seem to be smarter and more versatile than Elea Wizards.

The Spiral King is the unrivaled monster mage of the whole game. Good luck finding one though, let alone surviving and taming one.

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: October 21, 2011, 11:42:23 am »

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 05:40:11 am by Ogdibus »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: October 22, 2011, 12:01:47 am »

I knew drinking from fountains was giving various kind of results, having lost many companions getting a drink accidentally because of them, and after looking on the wiki, i noticed some results could be really good.

So i gave a try sacrifying a character development for this, and while wiki gives the list of what to expect, i was rather disapointed by the "good" results, i mean the amount of "good" in comparison to the amount of "bad".
Because on easily a few hundred of drinking i got :
-paralysed a lot (no problem when in town or on cleared dungeons levels)
-blinded a lot (no problem when in town or on cleared dungeons levels)
-got to sleep sometime
-summoned out of depth hostile monsters (was funny when a machinegun soldier started to shoot like crazy at my pets while some demon thing was exploding them with fire) a lot
-criplling mutation a lot
-sometime it's just water
-very rarely a good mutation
-once 1 wish

I don't know if it was simply bad luck, or if fountains are weighted a lot more toward bad than good results, but is there a way (out of the Noyel fountain) to influence fountain drinking outcome (or should i just savescum fountain until at least 1 good result appear in the ocean of bad ones ?)

I was thinking about maxing the luck feat, but i remembered a previous character that had luck maxed and produced probably the most difficult game i played in Elona due to the amount of crippling things he dreamed and found, so would there be a real influence of the luck feat in regards to fountains or is it as negligible as it seemed to be for everything ?

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: October 22, 2011, 12:42:01 am »

-criplling mutation a lot
-very rarely a good mutation
-once 1 wish
Wishes is limited by turns and everytime you get one the chance for another one is reduced.
Good & bad mutations seems to be equally common in my experience and the bad mutations is just as crippling as the good ones are beneficial.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 291