Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 567121 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #465 on: June 19, 2011, 05:52:09 pm »

Is there any way to tell what's in a moongate? I walked into one and got instantly killed by what looked to be a bunch of red suns.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: June 19, 2011, 05:53:33 pm »

Nope
*Hugs*

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: June 19, 2011, 05:58:29 pm »

Savescumming :V

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #468 on: June 19, 2011, 07:06:59 pm »

I have fond memories of this game when, at one point, the dungeon cleaner in the starting town exploded through the wall of the bar and mauled me for no readily apparent reason.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: June 19, 2011, 08:06:55 pm »

You're not the only one who keeps doing that.

Let's just say that someone made a wishing farm deep in them moongates and I was motivated to get new gear.

I made an AutoHotKey script to manage my saves... but I don't reload unless something very mean happened because of dumb luck. Like getting one-shot by a way out of death hell hound in puppy dungeon level 1 while I have a -Fire resistance mutation and need to hide in there because of etherwind.

I need to be more careful in combat... I killed my little girl 8 times already throwing a grenade. I died 6 times.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: June 20, 2011, 12:16:39 am »

Note: If you can cast resurrection or read a book of resurrection and resurrect your pet, the relationship loss for death is nullified. If you can reliably cast resurrection, then this is a much better alternative to the barkeeper, since if your pets are high leveled, they will need more gold to be resurrected via barkeep plus the relationship losses.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: June 20, 2011, 12:22:14 am »

I... Never have pets.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: June 20, 2011, 12:37:35 am »

I... Never have pets.

Why would that be? Juere infantries are cheap.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: June 20, 2011, 12:40:22 am »

I'm a yerles mage, I have magic that will hurt my friends, I also have grenades.

Until grenades are too weak for use, I shall use them.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: June 20, 2011, 12:46:34 am »

Still, get a little girl at the start, and get another however and get a ranch, and sell the produce to the trader in Derphy.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: June 20, 2011, 12:49:49 am »

I'm a yerles mage, I have magic that will hurt my friends, I also have grenades.

Until grenades are too weak for use, I shall use them.

Okay, that's reasonable. Get Control Magic ASAP, or a pair of silver/golden bells. Silver is better, though.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: June 20, 2011, 01:46:40 am »

How do you even catch a bell anyway? What level are they? Just asking so I know which monster ball to use.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: June 20, 2011, 02:37:23 am »

The preferred method for catching those lil buggers is to use a rod of domination. 20 small medals apiece at Miral and Garok's.

The next thing you should do after that is to buy a ton of humanoids from the slave master and gene engineer them together. A very expensive process, but it's certainly worth it.

They have a speed of 600+ and they generally heal up to full health in the next turn.

In theory, it is quite possible to catch a bell with a monster ball, but that would require a way to stop time.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: June 20, 2011, 03:51:40 am »

Bells themselves are fairly low level, though, insofar as when you can catch them. They're just somewhat rare.

I would recommend thinking really hard about catching one, though. Give one a shuriken and you'll have more or less completely dominated the game for a long while -- it'll murder just about everything, until you start running into the really silly stuff. There's also nothing stopping you from dominating bells until your party size hits max... and giving all of them shurikens and/or panties, if you don't want to bother with gene splicing.

Anyway, there's a list of guaranteed small medals laying around the 'net somewhere. Iirc, you can have a bell (or three) before you hit the puppy cave/do your first quest, if you work it right. After you've done that, the only thing you really have to worry about until end-game dungeon stuff is probably quicklings (if I remember the name right...), which are the other hyperspeed critters in Elona.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: June 20, 2011, 03:55:23 am »

Anyway, there's a list of guaranteed small medals laying around the 'net somewhere.
Just to be nice, here: http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Small_medal

Go to List of static medals in the game.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 291