Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 567133 times)

Bardum Idith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #450 on: June 19, 2011, 03:14:01 am »

I just got a cursed gene machine...
What will it do to my little girl?  :-\

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: June 19, 2011, 03:16:25 am »

I was sucked back into Elona two days ago because of this thread.

In my game there's an absurd lack of beggars in parties... which is one of my source of income early on. I might also find the artifact this way. I'm now deciding how to spend 24 platinum coins... probably gardening.

@Bardum Idith:
I don't know but better uncurse it.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: June 19, 2011, 03:20:49 am »

Every second post in this thread has something that can be misinterpreted.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: June 19, 2011, 03:59:06 am »

I just got a cursed gene machine...

Horribly mutate it into a gigantic tentacle demon. If you're into that kind of thing, that might be a plus, but otherwise, it's a big NO NO.

Nah, kidding. It will just work as an ordinary gene machine, with reduced value (what kind of guy sells his gene machine anyway?).
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Bardum Idith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: June 19, 2011, 04:22:46 am »

Horribly mutate it into a gigantic tentacle demon. If you're into that kind of thing, that might be a plus, but otherwise, it's a big NO NO.

Nah, kidding. It will just work as an ordinary gene machine, with reduced value (what kind of guy sells his gene machine anyway?).
Yay, science tentacle de... meh  :(

It's the gene machine I got from the scientist, somehow it was cursed. Guess I either got bad luck, or he hates me and my little girl.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: June 19, 2011, 04:45:43 am »

Gene machine notes:

The gene machine can level up creatures and add skills and bodyparts (you already know this).

If you level up a pet to significant levels using the gene machine (7 - 32), it's most likely going to gain a few stat ups, which is nice.

However, the true power of Gene machine leveling comes from the fact that when a creature levels up, they gain more hitpoints and mana (if your pet is a mage, this is a boon).

The Gene machine can also be used to view stats without paying a hefty 10000k gold to the informer. (you probably know about this)

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: June 19, 2011, 11:21:37 am »

Sigh. I don't think I'll ever have enough money to buy a shop or museum. Something always goes wrong. Back down to 6k again, four Ether mutations, and enough deaths that I've dropped pretty much all my useful gear and scrolls. It's not really fun anymore, especially knowing I'm playing the easiest class (Claymore) and still sucking at it.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: June 19, 2011, 11:55:57 am »

Sigh. I don't think I'll ever have enough money to buy a shop or museum. Something always goes wrong. Back down to 6k again, four Ether mutations, and enough deaths that I've dropped pretty much all my useful gear and scrolls. It's not really fun anymore, especially knowing I'm playing the easiest class (Claymore) and still sucking at it.
Kitty Banks... they are your loving friends.  Dump money into it everytime you pass your home/wherever you keep it.  Leave about 5-10k in spending monies.  You can tell how much is in it by its weight.  Then you destroy it when you have enough.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: June 19, 2011, 12:35:45 pm »

But I always think if I did use kitty banks, I'd stumble across something awesome and not have enough money on hand to buy it. :/

I guess it's worth a try though. Elona's incredibly fun when the going's good. But it's soooo frustrating when you get a streak of bad luck. Especially considering just how many hours you need to invest to make any progress.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: June 19, 2011, 12:50:20 pm »

I know right, I'm currently playing a scythe wielding pianist and trying raise performer. I have to avoid being killed by the crowd all the time while also trying to develop combat skills. It gives you a way to make quick easy money, but its hard to raise. I have failed all my party time! quests so far.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: June 19, 2011, 01:19:41 pm »

I know a good place to train...

But it is hidden, and far away from other towns.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: June 19, 2011, 01:28:23 pm »

But I always think if I did use kitty banks, I'd stumble across something awesome and not have enough money on hand to buy it. :/

I guess it's worth a try though. Elona's incredibly fun when the going's good. But it's soooo frustrating when you get a streak of bad luck. Especially considering just how many hours you need to invest to make any progress.

If you ever need a kitty bank, there's always one in noyel (assuming you haven't taken it, it respawns though.) that you can steal with the pickpocket skill. You might have to wake <Ebon> though...

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: June 19, 2011, 01:59:44 pm »

You're not the only one who keeps doing that.

Let's just say that someone made a wishing farm deep in them moongates and I was motivated to get new gear.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: June 19, 2011, 02:53:00 pm »

Someone made a monster farm.

So many high level stuff.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: June 19, 2011, 03:34:29 pm »

Wishing farm? How does that work?

I could've used that before buying my museum and ranch.

It's a moongate map with a custom NPC in the corner.

The "Little Brother" NPC occasionally casts wishes (and often fails), but splits when hit, and the original is tied to a sandbag which means it never dies. You hit the sandbagged NPC and make it split, then have the split monsters cast wish. They're hostile, but are extremely weak.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 291